All Things 2023 Minnesota Vikings In-Season Thread

Blow this f-----g thing up.

The football in this state is beyond description.

Call the Jets right after they lose.

They got the 1st down with :36 left and didn’t snap the ball until :12 left. LOL.

They didn't spike the ball at all. They loafed around for 15 seconds before realizing that the clock was still running and then rushed to get the play off.

Not as bad as the Gophers.....but that was really bad.

They didn't spike the ball at all. They loafed around for 15 seconds before realizing that the clock was still running and then rushed to get the play off.

Did you see Jimmy Johnson? He was beside himself.

You know something else. The chargers were going to go home with all three timeouts. I was waiting for them to use them when we were at the 24 and getting some chunks. It worked out for them, but they were lucky as schit.

Yet another bone headed decision not to down the ball with 36 seconds left. Futher proof of Mn players not having their heads in the game.

At that point there’s only enough time for 3 plays. Clock the ball so you’re not unorganized.

I see why JJ didn’t want to sign the extension. What a cluster f***.

Blow this team up. While we at it. Miami scores 70 points on Denver. not joking.

70-20 win for Miami.

At that point there’s only enough time for 3 plays. Clock the ball so you’re not unorganized.

Right. It made absolutely no sense. Can't wait to hear what Cousins and KOC have to say about that decision.

On the bright side....it takes a little attention away from the Gophers debacle last night.

2021 we lost a lot of close games, too. Sadly, this is trending like 2021. Nothing will go right.

There won't be any tanking. Correct, good. :)

Not spiking the ball had absolutely nothing to do with an unbelievable double tip up that went perfectly into the defender's arms.

Pissed off fans desperately grasping for anything they can to piss on. Meh.

I thought about it more. Even if you don’t spike it there, why can’t Cousins just call a quick play in that situation? A veteran QB should be able to do that in that situation.

Yep. JJ will be getting the hell out of Minny as soon as he can. Can’t blame him

Not spiking the ball had absolutely nothing to do with an unbelievable double tip up that went perfectly into the defender's arms.

Pissed off fans desperately grasping for anything they can to piss on. Meh.
Disagree. If you spike it you have 3 plays to try and score and maybe you don’t throw that pass. Maybe you call up a play to one of the best WR’s in football. It’s not grasping at straws it’s that should have happened and I bet every other team in the nfl does it, except maybe KC as they have the greatest QB playing in the game right now.

KOC was talking in his helmet the entire time.

Kirk is programmed to do what KOC wants, not wildcat on his own.

Blow this team up. While we at it. Miami scores 70 points on Denver. not joking.

70-20 win for Miami.
My three football teams are the Gophers Vikings and Broncos. It's a fun week-end. Can the Vikings and Broncos merge? I'm not sure they can cobble a decent defense between them though.

I thought about it more. Even if you don’t spike it there, why can’t Cousins just call a quick play in that situation? A veteran QB should be able to do that in that situation.
There's no reason not to spike it though. You're not realistically getting 4 plays off there.

Next week is last stand. If you lose @ Carolina, trade Cousins/other veterans if you can and tank for Caleb.

apparently - if you believe Judd Zulgad, KOC said in his post-game presser that they chose not to spike the ball to stop the clock - because they did not want to give the Chargers the opportunity to make substitutions.

so that apparently came from the Head Coach.

could be worse - Dolphins put up 70 pts against Denver. Most pts in an NFL game since 1966. Washington put up 72 vs the Giants in '66. Dolphins had the ball in field-goal range at the end of the game and could have broken the NFL single-game regular-season scoring record, but knelt down to run out the clock.

Yep. JJ will be getting the hell out of Minny as soon as he can. Can’t blame him
No he won't. We can franchise him for quite a while.

While he was laying on the turf, I thought for a second, damn, he missed his big day.

No he won't. We can franchise him for quite a while.

While he was laying on the turf, I thought for a second, damn, he missed his big day.
Hope you are right but I see him gone. This franchise is so jinxed. Not sure why anyone would want to play here

1) 1st and goals at the 3, the 3, and the 6. Yet came away with only a field goal.

2) Oline pass protection was bad. Ridiculous if Ingram plays next week.

3) Pass rush was awol.

4). Kirk has to spike at the end if can't hear. If runs play, has to make safe throw or throw it away. Really bad for a 35 yr old veteran QB.

Top Bottom