All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I wish Eddie Rosario was still a twin. He may not have been the smartest player but everything he did was exciting.

Yennier Cano has a 0.99 era and 0.77 whip. He was one of the the pitchers we traded to the Orioles for Lopez.

Not sure if it's fair to blame Falvey for this one or not, but undoubtedly if the trade was reversed we'd be patting the Twins on the back for identifying and developing his talent. So at least good job Orioles I guess.

Rocco over-managing might have cost them again. Needlessly PHing Salano for Kiriloff meant he was not available in the 8th.

I wish Eddie Rosario was still a twin. He may not have been the smartest player but everything he did was exciting.
Rosario needs someone to keep him in line and call him out when he does stupid stuff.
Not a good fit when your team is "led" by a pacifist with Phish posters on the wall.

Get to Know ‘em.

Yes, that's the million dollar question. Is the last six weeks who we are, or is the last six weeks just a rough patch that we will soon overcome. As Gleeman says, getting harder and harder to believe it's the latter.

Heard this on a Twins show describing the twins position guys on the all star ballot. Would be kinda funny if it wasnt the Twins.

One guy lost his starting role.
Another is batting under .200.
Another on the injured list.
Another having the worst yr of his life.
Another missed half the year.
Another is freaking Max Kepler.
Another is in AAA.
And another might be the worst dh in bb.
The only one you can vote for is Taylor

Here's another from Gleeman. AL Central, the gift that keeps on giving.

Good point. It's the exact opposite of the AL East. Where the Central currently has zero teams over .500 every team in the East is above .500.

But remember, they're all saving on travel costs..:rolleyes:

Good point. It's the exact opposite of the AL East. Where the Central currently has zero teams over .500 every team in the East is above .500.

But remember, they're all saving on travel costs..:rolleyes:

Yeah, the new schedule isn't helping the central. Good point. At least with an intradivision game, one Central team is guaranteed a win.

Tonight the first place Twins host the last place Red Sox. The last place team has the better record. Pretty bizarre for this late in the season.

Yeah, the new schedule isn't helping the central. Good point. At least with an intradivision game, one Central team is guaranteed a win.

It's also has really helped the East Division. The Orioles, Blue Jays and Rays all had been complaining about spending so many games beating up on each other and by Boston and the Yankees.

Looking at all their records now it seems to have worked for them.

Some positives - AL rankings:
Steals Castro 9th
ERA Gray 5th
Wins Ryan 5th(t)
Innings Ryan 9th, Lopez 10th
Strikeouts Lopez 3rd, Ryan 10th

It’s just a long season and there is nothing else in the sports world going on, so having fun baseball is a good thing. This team has just been so boring to watch, mainly cause they can’t hit.

To my simple way of looking at it both Kepler and the hitting coach will be fired when the years out. Why not make those moves now and try to salvage the season vs. waiting until October. Heck Polanco also might be done as a twin so there is no reason Julien should go back down. Whether he plays in AAA or MLB ain’t going to help his fielding, but it sure could help his bat. Here are the moves I make at the deadline.

Kepler traded or released.
Polanco traded or released or put on 60 day to rest up for 2024 (it’s clear he will never be healthy again)
Sonny Gray traded (he’s not signing here and they ain’t paying him for 2024)
Gallo traded
Pagan traded or released
Vasquez traded

Rip the bandaid off and get this party started. You can’t do much worse without those players then you are doing with those player.

It’s just a long season and there is nothing else in the sports world going on, so having fun baseball is a good thing. This team has just been so boring to watch, mainly cause they can’t hit.

To my simple way of looking at it both Kepler and the hitting coach will be fired when the years out. Why not make those moves now and try to salvage the season vs. waiting until October. Heck Polanco also might be done as a twin so there is no reason Julien should go back down. Whether he plays in AAA or MLB ain’t going to help his fielding, but it sure could help his bat. Here are the moves I make at the deadline.

Kepler traded or released.
Polanco traded or released or put on 60 day to rest up for 2024 (it’s clear he will never be healthy again)
Sonny Gray traded (he’s not signing here and they ain’t paying him for 2024)
Gallo traded
Pagan traded or released
Vasquez traded

Rip the bandaid off and get this party started. You can’t do much worse without those players then you are doing with those player.
They're not going into full sell mode while in 1st place. And outside of Kiriloff, Lewis, Ryan, Pablo Lopez and Duran, who I assume you are not trading, there aren't many tradable pieces. Gray yes. Perhaps Jax and Stewart, but they are under team control through 2027, so I'd probably keep Jax. Stewart might be smart to trade given he's 31 already.

Kepler, Polanco, Pagan and Vazquez have zero trade value. Kepler and Pagan should simply be DFA'd. They're simply stuck with Vazquez, but he should play as little as possible.

You only trade Gray/Gallo/Stewart if you fall out of 1st before the trade deadline. Gallo has minimal value at best.

I agree on firing the hitting coach (and Rocco and Falvey in a perfect world). As for the rest, release Kepler and Pagan. Put Buxton and Gallo back on the IL. Call up Wallner, Larnach, Miranda and Maeda.

Last edited:

Standings without March and April:

Team. GB
Chicago. -
Cleveland. 2.5
Detroit. 2.5
Minnesota. 3.5
KC. 10.0

Last edited:

First off, I never said he hasn’t been struggling, did I?

My comment was obviously in reference to him being put on the restricted list, which is an arcane designation that I’ve never heard of before; the arcaneness if it is reflected by the author of the piece from baseball reference (likely paid to post online-unlike you or me), using Solomon Torres as an example of it usage. I personally cannot recall seeing it before.

You can always read what was written before responding (or am I missing something), before you “prove” me or other posters wrong.

Now back to blithely ignoring U.

Have a great day, unless you’ve made other plans kiddo😃

Dude, seriously wtf is wrong with you? Like your lack of intelligence extends to being unable to read, interpret posts......along with not knowing baseball.

I literally bold your post where you said "that being said, I’m jacked to see what Jordan can add, as he’s flourished since going to the pen, per the info I’ve posted on him earlier. They (BrainTrust) said, they envision him being a multi-inning option, based on his experience as a starter."

Im talking about Balazovic who did not "flourished" in AAA out of the pen.

Just be fucking better, its not a big ask. Or maybe follow a different sport if baseball is too advanced for you.

FAQ: What's wrong with this team?

"FOA: The easy answer is "injuries," and that was the correct explanation for the team's disappointing finish last season. This season, injuries are a problem, but the players who have dealt with injuries have also disappointed when healthy. Carlos Correa, Byron Buxton and Jorge Polanco have to be more durable and productive. Correa and Buxton are this team's highly paid stars. They need to live up to their paychecks. Their highest-paid pitcher, Pablo López, has also underperformed. The big-money players need to lead.

FAQ: How can this lineup be improved?

FOA: Trade Max Kepler and replace him with Trevor Larnach or Matt Wallner. Larnach has shown flashes of promise. Wallner may have a higher ceiling. I'd go with Wallner, but both are better than Kepler.

Play Ryan Jeffers more than Christian Vázquez and make Vázquez earn back his starting role. Play Royce Lewis every day at third and don't pinch hit for him.

With the mild exception of Alex Kirilloff, every key Twins hitter is underperforming. That has to reflect on the hitting coach. Former Twins hitting coach James Rowson is an assistant hitting coach with Detroit. Could the Twins trade Kepler for him?.."

The fact both Buxton and Kepler were struggling before they got hurt, we’re allowed to come back after injury without a rehab start is very interesting.

They both stink, but there appears to be no consequences as Buxton just keeps trotting out there in the 3 hole and pitch hitting in important spots.

It is truly staggering how bad everyone in this lineup is.

The fact both Buxton and Kepler were struggling before they got hurt, we’re allowed to come back after injury without a rehab start is very interesting.

They both stink, but there appears to be no consequences as Buxton just keeps trotting out there in the 3 hole and pitch hitting in important spots.

It is truly staggering how bad everyone in this lineup is.

6 up 6 down on 24 pitches again today.

Its just a terrible approach that they are actively doing nothing to correct

This team just doesnt have the mental make up. No gamers or dogs.

Lopez gets a huge bases loaded K of Devers. With 2 outs he proceeds to walk Duvall on 4 pitches.

Glad we locked up this scrub for years.

Lopez gets a huge bases loaded K of Devers. With 2 outs he proceeds to walk Duvall on 4 pitches.

Yup this guy fucking blows. Same shit all year. He doesnt have the mindset.

2 outs no one on. Walks the 8 man. Gives up a hit to the 9 man. THen gives up a 3rd double to the lead off guy

Fucking start holding this team accountable.

Buxton draws a walk

COrrea next pitch hits a weak routine DP.

Fucking leadership right there folks!! Keep letting these losers bat and not face any criticism!

Vazquez lmao

Tough break for Paxton the literal worst hitter in baseball

If you've lost the Bally Sports Homer's...woof.
Seriously.... Fire Rocco. What's the downside?

And traded the AL batting champion for him. Certified ace pitcher.

Top Bottom