All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I know Lopez traded is looking horrendous now.

But I think we gotta make a big bullpen splash for someone like Chapman.

Its vital to have a dominant lefty to add to Stewart/Jax/Duran.

That becomes a true playofff bullpen. Even with the consideration that Stewart is completely unproven.

Glad Kepler is out in right field for his defensive knowledge. Without him that would have been an inside the park homer and not just a triple..

Max Kepler was ahead in the count 3-0 and stuck out on a check swing on a pitch in the other batting box. Meanwhile Matt Wallner hits a double in Triple A. What the hell more do you need to see that Kepler just can’t do it.

Max Kepler was ahead in the count 3-0 and stuck out on a check swing on a pitch in the other batting box. Meanwhile Matt Wallner hits a double in Triple A. What the hell more do you need to see that Kepler just can’t do it.

Its a pride thing.

That fucking twink Falvey who probably never played baseball in his life, couldnt trade Kepler in the off season. So he needs to try and justify it by playing a objectively worse baseball player.

We are a team run by guys who literally do not know baseball.

I missed this. Wow that’s not ideal even if he was unusable.
I’m thinking there might be some non-baseball stuff going on (FWIW, I wasn't aware of this list until now either), per the info provided regarding the restricted list -

The Restricted list is a compendium of players who are out of organized baseball but are not free agents. A team can request that a player be placed on the restricted list if that player has left the team without a valid reason, or has announced his intention to retire but is still of an age or level of skill that could allow him to return to professional baseball in the future. In effect, the team states that it retains rights to the player if and when he becomes active again. The list is also used to place a player who is unavailable to play for non-baseball reasons, such as personal issues or trouble with the law.

A player on the restricted list cannot be signed by another team unless compensation is paid to the team who placed him on the list. The list is honored throughout organized baseball and in leagues that have working agreements to respect the contracts of organized baseball, such as Nippon Pro Baseball. The list is most often used today when a player retires at a young age without receiving his unconditional release. If he decides to return to playing, he must do so with his last team, unless a trade or other deal can be worked out. Salomon Torres is a recent case of a player who spent a number of years on the restricted list before returning to organized baseball.

In the past, the list was used for players who jumped from their contract to sign with an outlaw or independent league. The move signaled to other teams in organized baseball that this player was not free to return to another team and that the provisions of the reserve clause were still in effect in his case. The restricted list is also used on International free agents pending standard MLB investigation.

The restricted list is sometimes confused with the disqualified list, which is used as a form of disciplinary action.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That being said, I’m jacked to see what Jordan can add, as he’s flourished since going to the pen, per the info I’ve posted on him earlier. They (BrainTrust) said, they envision him being a multi-inning option, based on his experience as a starter.

Last edited:

I’m thinking there might be some non-baseball stuff going on (FWIW, I wasn't aware of this list until now either), per the info provided regarding the restricted list -

The Restricted list is a compendium of players who are out of organized baseball but are not free agents. A team can request that a player be placed on the restricted list if that player has left the team without a valid reason, or has announced his intention to retire but is still of an age or level of skill that could allow him to return to professional baseball in the future. In effect, the team states that it retains rights to the player if and when he becomes active again. The list is also used to place a player who is unavailable to play for non-baseball reasons, such as personal issues or trouble with the law.

A player on the restricted list cannot be signed by another team unless compensation is paid to the team who placed him on the list. The list is honored throughout organized baseball and in leagues that have working agreements to respect the contracts of organized baseball, such as Nippon Pro Baseball. The list is most often used today when a player retires at a young age without receiving his unconditional release. If he decides to return to playing, he must do so with his last team, unless a trade or other deal can be worked out. Salomon Torres is a recent case of a player who spent a number of years on the restricted list before returning to organized baseball.

In the past, the list was used for players who jumped from their contract to sign with an outlaw or independent league. The move signaled to other teams in organized baseball that this player was not free to return to another team and that the provisions of the reserve clause were still in effect in his case. The restricted list is also used on International free agents pending standard MLB investigation.

The restricted list is sometimes confused with the disqualified list, which is used as a form of disciplinary action.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That being said, I’m jacked to see what Jordan can add, as he’s flourished since going to the pen, per the info I’ve posted on him earlier. They (BrainTrust) said, they envision him being a multi-inning option, based on his experience as a starter.

What??

Hes been struggling big time lmao.

Yeah I hope everything is ok. This can’t be baseball related.

Yeah I hope everything is ok. This can’t be baseball related.
Strib has a nice piece on Tyrell Terry's decision to retire; it can be easy to forget that they're human beings just like we are, and not marionettes dancing for our pleasure and amusement.

Peace Jorge.

Last edited:

Actually, no, per the analytics analysis in The Athletic. They show how Buck’s compensation isn’t even ti the Top 75 MLB players and based on his career WAR, he’s been underpaid - I know this doesn’t make it any less frustrating, but “it is, what it is.” Sketchy IMO when they don’t mention WAR, as that is the metric most used to assess players’ values from
My understanding.

If I can find the article I’ll post it in a reply to yours

Actually, no, per the analytics analysis in The Athletic. They show how Buck’s compensation isn’t even ti the Top 75 MLB players and based on his career WAR, he’s been underpaid - I know this doesn’t make it any less frustrating, but “it is, what it is.”

If I can find the article I’ll post it in a reply to yours
Yeah he’s nowhere near a top 50 paid player this season and his salary doesn’t increase. It’s actually laughable how low the contract is.

Its also worth noting that Taylor has two balls that he absolutely has to catch

This team needs to make massive changes and stop using the shitty division as a crutch.

Losing 3 of 4 to the Tigers is a fucking embarrassment.

This team needs to make massive changes and stop using the shitty division as a crutch.

Losing 3 of 4 to the Tigers is a fucking embarrassment.

Disappointing series. Had hoped we were about to get it in gear after our series against the Jays and Brewers.

Bases loaded with no outs. Pop out to right, strike out, strike out.

That $10million they paid to Gallo could have been better spent.

Buxton just staring at strike 3 is also annoying

This game should show you that Buxton will never play centerfield again. He could have easily slide in there now and the twins would have kept their DH. Instead Lewis goes there and the DH spot is gone. Now the inning ended in the 8th with the DH spot so I probably won’t matter, but you never knwo

What??

Hes been struggling big time lmao.
First off, I never said he hasn’t been struggling, did I?

My comment was obviously in reference to him being put on the restricted list, which is an arcane designation that I’ve never heard of before; the arcaneness if it is reflected by the author of the piece from baseball reference (likely paid to post online-unlike you or me), using Solomon Torres as an example of it usage. I personally cannot recall seeing it before.

You can always read what was written before responding (or am I missing something), before you “prove” me or other posters wrong.

Now back to blithely ignoring U.

Have a great day, unless you’ve made other plans kiddo😃

Last edited:

Top Bottom