All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I had zero problem trading Wade because he probably was never going to get playing time. It would have been nice to get something more for him but I also don't think many times wanted him that badly.
He's a 25/26th player for sure. But I'd rather have him than Kyle Garlick.

Who's hurt? Why can't Varland pitch Saturday and Lopez Sunday?

We have no off days coming up for a long time.

So at some point we have to push everyone back a day. It makes most sense to do it this weekend. Since its 1. the Tigers and 2. Lopez started the stretch so pushing everyone back right before he goes is logical.

If it works out with Maeda to go 6 man for a while, fine. But then wait until he is ready. It seems they are forcing it. Kicking away a game to the Tigers would be foolish.

Tigers are starting Joey Wentz Saturday. We lose that game and its on the bats not our call up.

Crazy that its been 5 years since the Twins traded Ryan Pressly. Twins could have sure used him over the past couple of seasons. Alcala and Gilberto Celestino haven't done jack

Great lineup vs a lefty today.

Letting AK face a lefty. But also loading up on righties everywhere else.

I'm looking for stadium tips. My daughter's in town (from Switzerland) and wanted to see a Twins game (zero baseball happening in Geneva), so we're going to tonight's game. Do you have any suggestions as to stadium-experience stuff, such as where's the best food in or next to the stadium, where to park, should we get there early (like a Gopher football game), etc?

I'm looking for stadium tips. My daughter's in town (from Switzerland) and wanted to see a Twins game (zero baseball happening in Geneva), so we're going to tonight's game. Do you have any suggestions as to stadium-experience stuff, such as where's the best food in or next to the stadium, where to park, should we get there early (like a Gopher football game), etc?
When we attend, we enter as the gates open. Good food anywhere in the stadium. Standing room beers on the bar deck in left field. We park in the garages outside right field entrance (face out and near an exit and you'll be out in no time). Have a blast!

Parkings usually just one of the ramps connected right to the stadium. Ramp A, B or C. I think they are about $15. Easy access and dump out onto the highways post game. Usually not a struggle to get out of due to attendance only being ok.

If you want a pregame food experience I'd look around Washington Ave.

There is Bar La Grass, Snack Bar, Parlour all right there. Excellent restaurants(all decently pricey). There is also the North Loop Galley right across the street which is a beer and food hall. Solid environment with like 4 pop up food shops and a community bar.

Don't think theres a huge need to get there super early. But it can be fun to check out the concourse and walk around the stadium. Also the bar in the right field corner is cool to check out and can also eat in there if you would like(forgot the name the sponsorship is constantly changing it).

Down 1-0. C'mon guys. Would be really nice to keep building on our recent success. Shouldn't be asking too much to win 3 out of 4 here.

Two out hits. Love it! Specially when one is a three run bomb!

Radio guys saying Gray not happy about being taken out. Seen this play out more than once. If twins go in the tank here Rocco's going to be questioned.

Rocco is fucking pathetic. Get this piece of shit out of our dugout. He cant fucking do it.

This is why we struggle to get winning streaks going. We are coached but an utter buffoon.

Gray wasnt sharp today but pulling him is absolutely inexcusable and cannot be defended. We are in a stretch of 16 games in a row. So go to your pen in the 5th? With your only lefty? Pulll your starter against the guys he was getting out??

This why we find ourselves with Emilio Pagan pitching in key situations. Hes a fucking awful game manager and it hurts us down the line if not in the present.

Also can we stop having 1 good inning a game and calling it good offense??

Jesus christ its like we stop playing any time we get a 4 run inning.

Rocco is fucking pathetic. Get this piece of shit out of our dugout. He cant fucking do it.

This is why we struggle to get winning streaks going. We are coached but an utter buffoon.

Gray wasnt sharp today but pulling him is absolutely inexcusable and cannot be defended. We are in a stretch of 16 games in a row. So go to your pen in the 5th? With your only lefty? Pulll your starter against the guys he was getting out??

This why we find ourselves with Emilio Pagan pitching in key situations. Hes a fucking awful game manager and it hurts us down the line if not in the present.

Don't know how pulling Gray can be defended. One of the top era's in the league has given up two runs over four innings and 79 pitches. And Rocco takes him out? Really hard to justify that.

Rocco does it again.

Seriously what is this worthless fucks value?? He has no fucking mind of his own. He pulls Solano one of our hottesest hitters for fucking Kepler becuase lefty vs righty. Thats it.

He has no actual fucking feel for the game or thought of his own. I need him out of the fucking dugout I dont care how. Hes killing this baseball team.

Gray was not good. He was all over the place in the 4th. I'd have sent him out for the 5th, but any baserunner should have ended his night.

Don't know how pulling Gray can be defended. One of the top era's in the league has given up two runs over four innings and 79 pitches. And Rocco takes him out? Really hard to justify that.
The 4th was really bad but I don’t get at least letting him start the 5th. If a runner gets on then you pull him.

Rocco does it again.

Seriously what is this worthless fucks value?? He has no fucking mind of his own. He pulls Solano one of our hottesest hitters for fucking Kepler becuase lefty vs righty. Thats it.

He has no actual fucking feel for the game or thought of his own. I need him out of the fucking dugout I dont care how. Hes killing this baseball team.
Pinch hitters this year have horrible numbers. For an organization that likes to look at numbers they sure do like to ignore them at times.

Really frustrating. Just seems like we are in quicksand. Of course we could win our next 10 games in a row, who knows, but been 6-7 wks now of this.

There's an old episode of the Simpsons where Mr. Burns brings in a bunch of ringers to improve the company softball team. Wade Boggs, Jose Canseco, Griffey Jr., Clemens that era.
So, they get to the championship game and all the ringers have some sort of malady that renders them unable to play, except for Darryl Strawberry. Game is tied in the bottom of the 9th, bases are loaded and Strawberry is up. Mr. Burns pulls Strawberry for a pinch hitter, despite Strawberry hitting 9 homeruns during the game, strictly because the pitcher is left-handed. Now, it all works out because Homer Simpson is the pinch hitter and he gets beaned in the head, allowing the winning run to score, but I think about that episode about once a game trying to figure out some of the manager's questionable decisions.

So what the hell do you do with Jorge Lopez? He’s out of options, can’t throw strikes, and can’t be trusted. Right now he is the last option in a bullpen that contains Pagan, Moran, and De Leon. That’s less then ideal when he was supposed to be the setup man for Duran for the next 5 years when you traded for him last year.

There's an old episode of the Simpsons where Mr. Burns brings in a bunch of ringers to improve the company softball team. Wade Boggs, Jose Canseco, Griffey Jr., Clemens that era.
So, they get to the championship game and all the ringers have some sort of malady that renders them unable to play, except for Darryl Strawberry. Game is tied in the bottom of the 9th, bases are loaded and Strawberry is up. Mr. Burns pulls Strawberry for a pinch hitter, despite Strawberry hitting 9 homeruns during the game, strictly because the pitcher is left-handed. Now, it all works out because Homer Simpson is the pinch hitter and he gets beaned in the head, allowing the winning run to score, but I think about that episode about once a game trying to figure out some of the manager's questionable decisions.
I think of it for the song at the end.

Last edited:

Really frustrating. Just seems like we are in quicksand. Of course we could win our next 10 games in a row, who knows, but been 6-7 wks now of this.

The bright side is its really easy to make money betting against us.

Bet the other team(we are favored a lot especially a home so good value). If we win then just bet more against us the next time to turn a profit. So on and so on.

We are incapable of rattling off 5-6 in a row(shit even 3 in a row). So eventually you will make money every single time.

Anytime the bullpen fails remember the front office decided to add zero arms to the bullpen from last year in the offseason. This was from a team where the bullpen was a huge issue in 2022 too. Basically brought everyone back and thought they would instantly get better. Plus they have somehow wrecked Lopez since they traded for him at the deadline last year.

Also remember that book bullpen is perfect as the twins demonstrated against the brewers on Tuesday night and the best reliever in baseball. aaa

Anytime the bullpen fails remember the front office decided to add zero arms to the bullpen from last year in the offseason. This was from a team where the bullpen was a huge issue in 2022 too. Basically brought everyone back and thought they would instantly get better. Plus they have somehow wrecked Lopez since they traded for him at the deadline last year.

Also remember that book bullpen is perfect as the twins demonstrated against the brewers on Tuesday night and the best reliever in baseball. aaa

Duran, Stewart, and Jax, then our foe can relax.

Top Bottom