All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

There's was no need to go with more than a 5 man rotation (costing a bullpen arm) with the days off.

There's plenty to be critical of the Twins front office without making junk up.

Then maeda should have been in the bullpen. Like I cant say it any clearer haha.

Ober was the better pitcher. And Maeda had arm issues. They fucked it up royally. This isnt my opinion vs yours. Its fact.

Then maeda should have been in the bullpen. Like I cant say it any clearer haha.

Ober was the better pitcher. And Maeda had arm issues. They fucked it up royally. This isnt my opinion vs yours. Its fact.
Maeda hadn't pitched in the bullpen in 4 years. Asking him to do that coming of TJS wasn't going to happen. Even now, he probably should go to the bullpen, but if he can only pitch in games where he has 30 minutes to warm up, that's not going to work.

Of the list of Falvine/Rocco stupidity, letting Meada start in the rotation over Ober doesn't crack the top 50. Ober was still in the rotation by May 1st.

Ober was the better pitcher. And Maeda had arm issues. This isnt my opinion vs yours. Its fact.
The concern with Maeda was (still is likely) that the time it takes him to warm up based on age and the injury that the bullpen would not be ideal for that role. Additionally with the number of days to recover, it again would leave the bullpen shorthanded.

Considering his 3 rehab appearances with the Saints have all been as a starter, that does not look to be changing.

Maeda hadn't pitched in the bullpen in 4 years. Asking him to do that coming of TJS wasn't going to happen. Even now, he probably should go to the bullpen, but if he can only pitch in games where he has 30 minutes to warm up, that's not going to work.

Of the list of Falvine/Rocco stupidity, letting Meada start in the rotation over Ober doesn't crack the top 50. Ober was still in the rotation by May 1st.
Agree, incredibly minor trivial issue. Not sure it's even an error in judgment at all.

18 months since the TJS, it was worth seeing what was what for a few starts in April. It certainly didn't derail any playoff aspirations.

I mean what the bleep are you looking for. They guy could only throw sliders for strikes and you take that pitch. Is every hitter the twins have just simply guessing on what pitch is coming?

I’ve never seen a team just watch so many 3rd strike pitches right down the middle.
It’s the ones that are 3/4 of an inch off the corner that they take for strike 3 that get me. Yeah you might have been right that pitch was a ball, but guess what you being right doesn’t mean the at bat continues you’re still back in the dugout. What the heck ever happened to the saying “ too close to take” that was pounded into baseball players heads growing up? The worst thing to happen to baseball was the fox box strike zone.

That's quite the surprise. Devin Williams has given up only one run in 21.2 innings pitched this year. Twins put up four on him without recording an out.

Loved the Correa step back at home to miss the water.

They got him anyway, but that was smooth.

That's quite the surprise. Devin Williams has given up only one run in 21.2 innings pitched this year. Twins put up four on him without recording an out.
Just looking at the ESPN Gamecast. He gave up 4 runs in zero innings pitched (zero outs). and still has just a 2.08 ERA. Pretty impressive on the season. Yes definitely a surprise.

Impressive comeback! Taylor and Castro continue to be really great additions.

Would have been nice to be able to watch the game but YTT doesn’t have Bally and all Brewers games are blacked out from MLB.TV here in Wisconsin.

This is wild. A’s fans showed up for tonight’s game to show they’re not the problem. As planned they all stood to start the 5th inning and then erupted with a chant.

The concern with Maeda was (still is likely) that the time it takes him to warm up based on age and the injury that the bullpen would not be ideal for that role. Additionally with the number of days to recover, it again would leave the bullpen shorthanded.

Considering his 3 rehab appearances with the Saints have all been as a starter, that does not look to be changing.

Well yeah, if hes a starter now its not for Ober though.....if we bring him up. Its for Varland and the home run issues. We have openings at starter due to Maeda and Mahle being hurt. The need for depth is there.

But if the guy cant warm up well to pitch in relief we really should cut bait. A lot of guys in their older age naturally transition to the pen. But lack of a proven 5th right now may make it moot until if/when Maeda gets rocked again.

June Correa is here....

Massive comeback. Big time bomb by our big signing. Lot of other good. Taylor huge. Julien another gritty AB. Castro instant speed. Solano knowing he needs to go the other way and gets a solid knock.

Did it off a elite pitcher.

Couple other notes

Julien D will always be an issue. But this kid could be a legit bat. Gotta find a way to limit the Ks up here but hes got discipline and can really hit it to all parts of the field. Been excellent on the recall. Make it so they cant send you down(they will though anyways)

It worked out, but yet another baffling Rocco move. This buffoon is a robot and things everything has to be right vs left, left vs right. Pinch hitting Kepler a guy who should be DFA'd if anything for Lewis our most clutch bat is one of the most asinine things hes done all year. Thank god their pitcher couldnt throw a strike.

Couple other notes

Julien D will always be an issue. But this kid could be a legit bat. Gotta find a way to limit the Ks up here but hes got discipline and can really hit it to all parts of the field. Been excellent on the recall. Make it so they cant send you down(they will though anyways)

It worked out, but yet another baffling Rocco move. This buffoon is a robot and things everything has to be right vs left, left vs right. Pinch hitting Kepler a guy who should be DFA'd if anything for Lewis our most clutch bat is one of the most asinine things hes done all year. Thank god their pitcher couldnt throw a strike.
Rocco doesn't make that type of move unless its a franchise initiative. Only answer is entire front office going bye bye

We cannot keep sending Vazquez out there

He cant even take quality AB's. Hes the only guy out of 8 batters so far that is just flailing at trash. Hes fucking horrible

June Correa is a lot more fun than April/May Correa.

Lots of good ABs today so far. Yelich with a great play on AKs gapper kept that from being a massive inning

Top Bottom