All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Hell of a first inning vs Gausman. Lots of patient ABs.

I simply cannot do 2.5 more years of Vazquez tho. We cant keep playing this guy. HIs bat is a complete and total liability.

DP balls gonna keep Gausman in this game.

His pitch count would be completely fucked without those.

Wow a Solano homer

Also both these umps suck. Varland is getting the same benefit of the big zones so its not unfair. But Gausman naturally doesnt throw many strieks and it keeps getting an egregious zone.

Jax is fully back.

Classic Jax inning tho. Gets burned by inexplicable error and god awful ump call(pitches 4 inches lower been called strikes all day and this one literally was a strike). Still got out of it.

That Michael A Taylor strikeout is yet another argument in favor of robot umps

Simply cannot let Pagan pitch in games that we have a lead. Burn him in games that we are losing and save the other pitchers. Terrible.

Seriously fucking get Baldelli out of our fucking dugout

Rocco is a piece of shit and so is fucking Pagan.

We have two fucking seasons worth of evidence that this pile of shit cannot get outs in clutch situations. We have blown another game because of fucking managerial incompetence. Fuck this

I'm confused, I thought relief pitchers were supposed to limit runs allowed. When Pagan entered the game and gave up 2 singles in a row you could have predicted that Homer next. You just have to laugh.

Just an inxcusably bad loss.

And its 100% yet again on Rocco and the GMs.

No one but Rocco uses Pagan there. And no one but our dumbass GMs sits on their ass and doesnt get legit bullpen help and scrubs like him off the team.

Stings, but I'll definitely take 2 out of 3 on the road considering how we've been playing

I’ll take the blame here. Wasn’t able to watch all weekend. Got home and turned it on to see the Biggio HR. My bad.

Another fastball right down the middle for strike 3 to end it too.

I have little problem of him being on the team if he’s the last guy in the bullpen. He’s been pretty good at times but man does he find ways to really blow it in close games. Gotta add another piece or two to the bullpen.

I wonder if Duran still wasn’t available so Lopez was gonna go the 9th?

I have little problem of him being on the team if he’s the last guy in the bullpen. He’s been pretty good at times but man does he find ways to really blow it in close games. Gotta add another piece or two to the bullpen.

I wonder if Duran still wasn’t available so Lopez was gonna go the 9th?

Well that answers that. There really wasn’t another option which is kinda the problem.

Pagan was bad.

But - I submit that the most important play of the game was the double-play that was not turned in the bottom of the 5th. that cost the Twins 3 runs.

Julien looks like he can be a good hitter and on-base guy - but he is simply not a good fielder.

a better scoop and stronger throw to second, and Correa doesn't have to rush the throw.

If the Twins get out of that inning up 6-1, it changes how the rest of the game is played.

Chase Petty, our #1 pick who we traded for Gray, is starting to gear things up and looking nice at high A.
Between Petty, Steer, and Encarnacio Strand, Reds definitely owe us a tip of the cap. Hopefully Gray can lead us to something special this season as coming yrs might be a little painful watching the Reds considering the trajectory those 3 are on.

Well that answers that. There really wasn’t another option which is kinda the problem.

That is exactly the problem. You can’t save Pagan for only blowouts when other guys can’t pitch or are pitching poorly. He’s basically thrown into these situations that he doesn’t deserve by process of elimination. Plus do you really want your most expensive bullpen arm to be the mop up guy who comes in and blows 3-4 run leads? And it’s not like this is a new problem , the entire organization and fan base saw the same bleeping thing last year and the Padres saw it the year before. The twins being willing to go out on a limb for a journeyman reliever that’s never been really that good is simply an amazing thought process.

Observations.

1. Kepler has to go for Wallner. There is nothing Kepler is doing that Wallner can’t. It’s time to see what the kids got. Of course Wallner just had the hottest 3 week stretch of his life so he’s gonna cool down in the majors now.

2. Lewis and Julien need to stay up here simply for their offense. They are not, especially Julien, going to be great at defense, but this team needs their bats and they need Lewis’s wheels. Plus it seems like Lewis adds some life in what appears it be a bunch of dead-asses.

3. Pagan has to go. There is no reason to keep him on the team if for nothing else to send a message to the other players that there are ramifications for your actions.

4. I don’t care if Vazquez is the greatest game caller ever, which I question, he can’t play as he simply can’t hit and apparently he can’t catch the ball either. The guys batting .224 with a .561 OPS, which is 70 points lower then Kepler. You can’t have a black hole when Jeffers occasionally hits the ball and is not that much worse of a defensive catcher. It appears they simply lite that $30million on fire signing Vazquez.

5. Wouldn’t Brent Rooker look good on this team vs an injured Joey Gallo and a terrible Max Kepler. I always thought for as good of a player as he was in the minors the twins ran him off really quickly with not that many big league appearances. Given all the lefty corner outfield players they could really use a right handed corner outfielder / DH.

6. With the pitching the twins have gotten all year it’s really sad they are in wrestling in the mud with the white Sox, Detroit, and Cleveland still vs being 8 games up and cruising. I still think they win the division, but it might be under .500 and a race to the finish.

7. The front office can not use injuries as an excuse for this team. They knew Buxton was always going to be injured that’s why they could sign him for $100 million and a bunch of incentives. Polanco was often injured last year and is wearing down. Kepler is the same as Polanco, except the twins are better with Kepler out of the line-up. The pitchers that have been hurt have very known injury history and they traded for them anyway, so you can be surprised.

8. The front offices unwillingness to simply spend cash on the bullpen vs having to trade for players is very annoying. You can not tell me that if the twins had not signed Gallo for $10 million and spent on some relievers instead that they would be any worse. They would probably a better team, given their depth is left handed corner hitting outfielders. Now they wither have to give up prospects and take on salary vs. just simply signing them in the off season.

Observations.

1. Kepler has to go for Wallner. There is nothing Kepler is doing that Wallner can’t. It’s time to see what the kids got. Of course Wallner just had the hottest 3 week stretch of his life so he’s gonna cool down in the majors now.

2. Lewis and Julien need to stay up here simply for their offense. They are not, especially Julien, going to be great at defense, but this team needs their bats and they need Lewis’s wheels. Plus it seems like Lewis adds some life in what appears it be a bunch of dead-asses.

3. Pagan has to go. There is no reason to keep him on the team if for nothing else to send a message to the other players that there are ramifications for your actions.

4. I don’t care if Vazquez is the greatest game caller ever, which I question, he can’t play as he simply can’t hit and apparently he can’t catch the ball either. The guys batting .224 with a .561 OPS, which is 70 points lower then Kepler. You can’t have a black hole when Jeffers occasionally hits the ball and is not that much worse of a defensive catcher. It appears they simply lite that $30million on fire signing Vazquez.

5. Wouldn’t Brent Rooker look good on this team vs an injured Joey Gallo and a terrible Max Kepler. I always thought for as good of a player as he was in the minors the twins ran him off really quickly with not that many big league appearances. Given all the lefty corner outfield players they could really use a right handed corner outfielder / DH.

6. With the pitching the twins have gotten all year it’s really sad they are in wrestling in the mud with the white Sox, Detroit, and Cleveland still vs being 8 games up and cruising. I still think they win the division, but it might be under .500 and a race to the finish.

7. The front office can not use injuries as an excuse for this team. They knew Buxton was always going to be injured that’s why they could sign him for $100 million and a bunch of incentives. Polanco was often injured last year and is wearing down. Kepler is the same as Polanco, except the twins are better with Kepler out of the line-up. The pitchers that have been hurt have very known injury history and they traded for them anyway, so you can be surprised.

8. The front offices unwillingness to simply spend cash on the bullpen vs having to trade for players is very annoying. You can not tell me that if the twins had not signed Gallo for $10 million and spent on some relievers instead that they would be any worse. They would probably a better team, given their depth is left handed corner hitting outfielders. Now they wither have to give up prospects and take on salary vs. just simply signing them in the off season.

Very good. Especially agree with numbers 4, 6, and 7. #6 with a bullet.

Simply cannot let Pagan pitch in games that we have a lead. Burn him in games that we are losing and save the other pitchers. Terrible.
Get him off the team period. A complete joke to use him there vs getting two innings from Jax before an off day. Fire Rocco. Release Pagan.

The Pohlads have historically been very patient with their baseball operations folks, Billy Smith and Ray Miller being the exceptions. Falvine and Rocco are testing that patience.

Today is an off day. Pagan has to be gone by the series opener tomorrow.

The Pohlads have historically been very patient with their baseball operations folks, Billy Smith and Ray Miller being the exceptions. Falvine and Rocco are testing that patience.

Today is an off day. Pagan has to be gone by the series opener tomorrow.
Are you daft, dude?

Now is the time to sign him to a cheap extension.

His stuff is electric ⚡️; all the batters say so.

Get him off the team period. A complete joke to use him there vs getting two innings from Jax before an off day. Fire Rocco. Release Pagan.
They weren't going to let Jax throw a second inning when it was his 3rd appearance in 4 days. So the options were Pagan, De Leon, Winder and Lopez for the 8th and 9th innings.

Last edited:

Top Bottom