All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Sorry I'm just catching up with the daily dose of outrage, is our newest complaint that the guy with the 2nd highest OBP on the team is hitting 3rd in the lineup?

I feel so fucking bad for our starters.

These guys are out here nightly tossing early zeros and are limp dick linup and pile of shit for a manager do nothing to help them.

Ober 6 striaght Ks. Hes still 1 pitch away from taking a likely loss.
Hey, if you know going in you have to hold them to 0, then do your f-----g job and hold them to 0

Sorry I'm just catching up with the daily dose of outrage, is our newest complaint that the guy with the 2nd highest OBP on the team is hitting 3rd in the lineup?
What some fail to grasp IMO, is that if Correra doesn’t perform up to his average offensive output, we ain’t going to win the division anyway; so leaving him in the three hole makes psychological sense, as dropping him will only F with his mental state anyway.

If I say he sucks, does that mean I hate him?
Nic try Mickey 🐭

I never used the word sux, did I?

Furthermore, how could a mere mortal like me comprehend the labyrinths of your cerebral cortex. I’m simply not worthy😉

Nic try Mickey 🐭

I never used the word sux, did I?

Furthermore, how could a mere mortal like me comprehend the labyrinths of your cerebral cortex. I’m simply not worthy😉
You don't seem as happy lately.

I thought you were Mr. Positive!

What some fail to grasp IMO, is that if Correra doesn’t perform up to his average offensive output, we ain’t going to win the division anyway; so leaving him in the three hole makes psychological sense, as dropping him will only F with his mental state anyway.

He isnt even talking about Correa LMAO.

But to answer his question. No, Donovan Solano and his .350 slugging should not be hitting 3rd and DHing.

1 or 2?? Sure. Get on base with singles and walks. DOnt clog 3-5 like Rocco always has him.

You don't seem as happy lately.

I thought you were Mr. Positive!
Happy as can be after an infusion treatment kiddo - if you don’t know what that is, use your google machine and then you’ll have a better comprehension.

Btw - thanks for the wellness check
🤗

Happy as can be after an infusion treatment kiddo - if you don’t know what that is, use your google machine and then you’ll have a better comprehension.

Btw - thanks for the wellness check
🤗
I'm talking Twins baseball bud.

That and who else would you want in that spot. It’s like the bullpen where the bodies of the bad pitchers prop up the bodies of the not so bad pitchers. I see that Jorge was injured and the twins gave up the lead after looking for a no hitter.

Correa with RISP LOL

DUde is a fucking bum

Bat him 9th. Let him play great D, hit the occaisional meaningless bomb. Hes a 9 hitter.

That and who else would you want in that spot. It’s like the bullpen where the bodies of the bad pitchers prop up the bodies of the not so bad pitchers. I see that Jorge was injured and the twins gave up the lead after looking for a no hitter.

Who else?? Literally anyone.

You bat 3rd and you get more ABs and more with men on.

He literally cannot hit with RISP. Buxton is only one who makes him look good in that category. Correa should be nowhere near the 3 spot.

Oh, neat. Turns out Ober's dominant first three innings was a result of him pulling a Domingo German.

No, I love players who make each at-bat count, take a lot of pitches, and get on base a lot, and extend innings with their hitting.
Do you think that Arraez is bad, and the only thing he offers is a high average?
Our only options are "great" and "bad"? All I said was winning batting titles by itself doesn't make a player great. That's especially true now. In addition to winning a bunch of batting titles, Carew led the league in OBP 4 times, OPS once, triples twice and runs scored once. He also stole 353 bases. He was doing a lot more than just winning batting titles.

Arraez is a really good hitter. I never said otherwise. But he's not a great or elite player. He is elite at getting on base. Most everything else he is average. That's ok, he just is limited in what he can do.

BTW, Arraez was like 3rd or 4th on the Twins for number of pitches seen per at-bat last year.

Last edited:

7 runs in 5 games. What does it take to at least fire the hitting coach?

7 runs in 5 games. What does it take to at least fire the hitting coach?
I don't think that will make much of a difference but yeah they have to do something, even if it's a move like that to send a message to the players.

They'll either miss the playoffs again in horrid fashion or make them and get swept...either one should result in at least Rocco being fired. The front office should have very warm seats being that all of their recent trades (outside of Sonny) have looked pretty bad, Correa signing looks pretty bad, the amount of injury prone players they have looks pretty bad, etc.

I had been taking some solace in that we at least haven't been getting swept, which has made it difficult for our rivals to make up ground quickly. Disappointing series. Should've got our win last night.

it's just a bleepin' game.

If following the Twins causes people this much discomfort, then don't follow the Twins.

at this point, I think I should explain my 4 Principles of Fandom:
1. Fandom is a choice. no one is forcing you to follow a team.
2. There are no guarantees in sports. simply because you follow a team, that does not guarantee that the team will be successful.
3. as a fan, I have no direct impact over the outcome of a game, the performance of a team or the performance of an individual player.
4. Sports are like a pinball machine. they exist "For Amusement Purposes Only."

speaking as someone who has had 1 heart attack - it just isn't worth getting that worked up over. If sports are making you that upset, I honestly think you would be better off devoting your energy toward something more productive.

Top Bottom