All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

In his second game back, Royce Lewis 2 for 3 with a double and SB. Has played third and short.
The best thing about this stat line is the SB. Really good sign, hopefully won’t be long.

June 1st is when hes eligible to return with the full rehab stint.

I really hope hes brought up right away
There really is no reason to have both Gordon and Castro on the roster at the same time. They're essentially the same player. I'm going to assume Castro is sent down because he has options. Neither has played particularly well but their speed and versatility is nice to have as a guy on the bench.

Stupid Larnach walks to load the bases. Completely ruined any chance of anyone getting a hit.

This is the offense we all have been waiting for.

Like I keep saying, take pitches adn work counts to get good ones to hit and good things happen. Stroman cant even finish 3.

happened to be listening on the radio. During the Twins 7-run inning, Marney Gellner was a guest in the radio booth. It got a little wacky. Provus was trying to do the play-by-play while Gellner and Gladden were talking. then Marney started yelling for every Twins' hit. I had to check the ESPN gamecast to figure out what happened.

and now as I type this, Pagan suddenly remembered who he is.........down to an 8-3 lead with two runners on base.....but Pagan gets a K to get out of the jam.

If youre a fan of the run differential stat, massive 2 days for the Twins.

Bummer about Gallo. Really hope thats not serious. He was starting to lock in again.

and the Twins are no longer in 30th place for team batting average. They've pulled the team average up to .228 - putting them in a tie for 27th place.

seriously - I don't expect this team to lead the league in batting average, but they should be better than they've been in the early season. having Kirilloff take professional at-bats helps, and getting Farmer back in the lineup, too. Correa has been better lately.

and now a week on the West Coast. 4 late-night games and two late-afternoon games.

back in the old days before automation, radio stations hated those west-coast games, because some poor part-timer had to engineer the games by hand, meaning they could be up until 1:00am with the post-game show. today, just click a few settings in a computer program, and the game runs all by itself without anyone having to be there.

Two series wins in a row. Nice. Offense seems to have awaken. Could Twins be on the verge of something really fun?

MLB.com just updated it's top 100 prospects list.
25. Brooks Lee
36. Royce Lewis
76. Emanuel Rodriguez
86. Edward Julien

3 teams had five players in the top 60: TB, Balt., LAD. Rays are amazing, just keep rolling out talent year after year.

Important to try and get tonights game.

Lopez vs Syndergaard is pitching edge to us.

Dodgers have Kershaw and May lurking in games 2 and 3.

Important to try and get tonights game.

Lopez vs Syndergaard is pitching edge to us.

Dodgers have Kershaw and May lurking in games 2 and 3.

I spose goal is to not get swept. Anything more is gravy.

There really is no reason to have both Gordon and Castro on the roster at the same time. They're essentially the same player. I'm going to assume Castro is sent down because he has options. Neither has played particularly well but their speed and versatility is nice to have as a guy on the bench.

Glad Nick has picked it up with his 🦇

I like his energy and nice to see him carve out a spot

The ball he hit today is up there with one of Thome's for deep shots to the RF Plaza, in my memory.

so Statcast finally came out and claimed that Gallo's HR was 422 feet. It sure seemed longer to me - but I don't think the official measurement takes height into account - just where it landed and how far it was from home plate.

Sano still has the longest HR at Target Field - 496 feet.

did some checking online and Statcast only started doing "official" HR distances in 2015, so Jim Thome's shot in 2011 is not on the official list -at the time, it was estimated at 490 feet.

found this tidbit - out in the right field fan area, there is a big glove. apparently that glove is 522 feet from home plate - which is the distance for Killebrew's longest HR at Met Stadium. after Killer hit that ball, they made the seat where it landed a different color so everyone could see it. for a kid, it seemed impossible that any human being could hit a ball that far.

Top Bottom