All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

so Statcast finally came out and claimed that Gallo's HR was 422 feet. It sure seemed longer to me - but I don't think the official measurement takes height into account - just where it landed and how far it was from home plate.

Sano still has the longest HR at Target Field - 496 feet.

did some checking online and Statcast only started doing "official" HR distances in 2015, so Jim Thome's shot in 2011 is not on the official list -at the time, it was estimated at 490 feet.

found this tidbit - out in the right field fan area, there is a big glove. apparently that glove is 522 feet from home plate - which is the distance for Killebrew's longest HR at Met Stadium. after Killer hit that ball, they made the seat where it landed a different color so everyone could see it. for a kid, it seemed impossible that any human being could hit a ball that far.
I have not checked lately, but at the Mall of America they had the chair attached to a wall in the amusement part area from where Killers shot was estimated to have landed. I do know there is still a plaque where home plate was located.

I was at the HHH Dome for what was considered the longest blast there, hit by Ben Ogilvie of the Brewers. Also saw Bo Jackson hit one that went into an air vent in dead center.

Gallo good to go and back in there at leadoff.

It sounds like he isnt the biggest fan of the spot personally but I really like Gallo there. And its not just cause of the 2 games and 2 homers. Makes a lot of sense with this current lineup.

He draws walks and works counts, great for leadoff. Show the whole team a pitchers arsenal. Hes got a lot of swing and miss(obviously) so it helps batting in a spot where pitchers may try to get it over the plate early(hence a few of his 1st pitch outs). It also greatly benefits having him bat in front of AK/Correa/Buxton rather than damn Vasquez. A pitcher is on felony level narcotics if they give him anything decent to hit when he bats 7th/8th in our lineup.

We need to start using openers for Lopez or something

That guy is fucking horrendous in first innings.

Well I think I’ll go to bed. If the bats break out and win I’ll be surprised. If they lose I’ll at least get a good nights sleep.

Thank god we dont play the Dodgers nearly as often. Because they laugh in our faces just as much as the Yankees do(before this season).

Lopez throwing BP to their best hitters.

I cannot do 3 years of Vasquez. This guy is fucking awful. About all he does well is call a good game apparently, but there appears to be little drop off with Jeffers.

Vasquez makes key errors. Has multiple catcher interfence. He is quite literally one of the worst hitters in the sport. Has zero power. Has zero plate discipline. And also cannot run for good measure. Hes a total liability in any hitting situation.

Lopez blister still an issue? Just don't get swept. Win one and move on.

Twins bats are a bit unlucky tonight. Lots of hard hit balls resulting in outs.

Twins bats are a bit unlucky tonight. Lots of hard hit balls resulting in outs.

Yeah disappointing performance from top of the order a bit. But even they have hit a few hard.

Larnach has had two very unlucky outs

Correa

Has to start consistently earning the dough. The knock vs the Padres cant be every 1.5 months.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Jax immediately gives the lead back.

About to get his 6th loss of the season already, incredible.

Bad pitch by Duran there 0-2 to Martinez

But this game has been currently stolen from us by and incompetent fucking ump.

Blick Philford was the worst pitcher on the planet for the 1st 2 -3 batters. Since then the stinkies tried to make him an all star for 3 innings.

What a fucking comical way to lose it. Walk trayce fucking Thompson ahead 1-2. Unreal.

And fuck Phil Cuzzi

Big onions from Larnach. Terrible start by the "ace" and unbelievable to not get a 2nd run with the bases loaded. Why was Jorge Lopez not used first instead of Jax?

^^^^^ Didn't stay up for it. That is flipping criminal. What a joke.

Well I think I’ll go to bed. If the bats break out and win I’ll be surprised. If they lose I’ll at least get a good nights sleep.
A walk off walk. Come on Lopez throw a stupid strike. Where’s Phil Cuzzi in that spot to expand the plate like he did for the dodgers in the 10th?

Last edited:

Went to bed in the 8th so just seeing this now. Wow, that is brutal. Interested in seethe ump scorecard.

Same. Went to bed when we were down 5-3. Lost but looks like we went toe to toe with them pretty good. Impressive. Bullpen not doing us any favors these days, do we not wait until August and make a trade or two now?

Trayce Thompson is batting .125 and Lopez didn’t even make him put the ball in play. That needs to be addressed by the pitching coach and manager.

Top Bottom