All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Start holding guys accountable. Get Vasquez off this team. He cant hit for shit and his D keeps losing us games late. Fucking loser

Boo birds are out. Time for the guy with the Fire Rocco sign to make his way down behind home plate.

What the hell is this catcher doing. Only 2 2/3 more years and $26 million left on this weak hitting, unable to throw runners out catcher. You gotta love it when you find a bargain like this.

Boo birds are out. Time for the guy with the Fire Rocco sign to make his way down behind home plate.

I dont think anything changes til Falvey and Lavine go. Those dorks are so out of their element. They dont understand baseball to its core.

They refused to get lefty relief help in the off season.

They chose to have Ober rot in the minors all while he was great last year. Our best in spring. Great in AAA and Maeda and Mahle come off arm procedures.

Left AK in the minors when regardless if he hits up here hes too good for odwn there with a career 600 slugging.

As dumb as Rocco is, he follows their illogical philosphy. They sign guys like Vasquez for metrics and the dude cant hit or even make good defensive plays when it matters.

Where are the rah-rah guys?

Still in first!

Gotta feel for Jax. Hes not been as sharp as I hoped this year.

But the team goes full bad news bears every time he pitches and a lot of weak contact finds holes as well.

Ironically I think this ump has done pretty damn good tonight. Will see if the score card agrees.

Just a pet peeve when they seem to give the pity strike to bail a pitcher out. See it a lot.

Never mind fuck this ump

What an awful call

Seriously send a fucking message and sit Correa for a week

Fuck that no heart scrub.

The good news is Correa has gotten used to the boo’s since he cheated in 2017, so this is nothing new for him.

The good news is Correa has gotten used to the boo’s since he cheated in 2017, so this is nothing new for him.

Thats the issue this guy is such a loser he probably thinks the Boos are for the 2017 scandal.

Completely oblivious and all around indifferent to how much he sucks.

Alcala just can’t do it. Hard to put it all on the pitching staff when the team can’t score to Ava e their life.

Correa: 0-5. 2 Ks left 6 on base. Batting .185 on the season. But keep blindly slotting him in the 2 hole.

Missed the game tonight but really good to see Varland shine. I posted this before, but potentially our best starting rotation since when? 1991? 1960s?

Correa with this quote after the game:

Yeah, absolutely, I'd boo myself too with the amount of money I'm making if I'm playing like that and I'm in the stands coming to play. Obviously, it's acceptable. It's part of the game, part of sports. Fans want production and fans want a team that's going to compete our there and win games. It's to be expected when you play poorly. But at the same time, the work doesn't stop. I'm going to keep working and keep focusing on the things I can control and the results will come."

could be a moot point for the next few days.
Checked the Minneapolis Weather forecast:
Wednesday - 40% chance of rain
Thursday - 60% chance of rain
Friday - 80% chance of rain
Saturday - 60% chance of rain.

and these are series against 2 National League teams that they are not scheduled to play again this season. could make for some interesting scheduling issues.

Fire the hitting coach. Demote Miranda. Get Julien and Farmer up ASAP. Invent an injury for Gallo. Do SOMETHING please.

Correa with this quote after the game:

Yeah, absolutely, I'd boo myself too with the amount of money I'm making if I'm playing like that and I'm in the stands coming to play. Obviously, it's acceptable. It's part of the game, part of sports. Fans want production and fans want a team that's going to compete our there and win games. It's to be expected when you play poorly. But at the same time, the work doesn't stop. I'm going to keep working and keep focusing on the things I can control and the results will come."

could be a moot point for the next few days.
Checked the Minneapolis Weather forecast:
Wednesday - 40% chance of rain
Thursday - 60% chance of rain
Friday - 80% chance of rain
Saturday - 60% chance of rain.

and these are series against 2 National League teams that they are not scheduled to play again this season. could make for some interesting scheduling issues.

Today while the potential rain is supposed to be around game time theres not much of a window. So I'd be shocked if tonights doesnt happen.

Tomorrow is an afternoon game so should be good even if delayed.

And even the other two have such low overall odds that the chances of damaging all day stuff is unlikely.

Ok, now that I say that we have 3-4 delays and 2 cancellations

Fire the hitting coach. Demote Miranda. Get Julien and Farmer up ASAP. Invent an injury for Gallo. Do SOMETHING please.

Too early on Gallo.

0/25 was bad but it was a lot of deep ABs working the count. Hes got swing and miss and always will. His K rate is still lower than his norm by quite a bit. And his OPS+ is 137.

Which ignores that he can give really good D both at 1B and any outfield spot.

Where are the rah-rah guys?

Still in first!
So what should a rah-rah guy say right now? I'm one but there's not much to say outside of mentioning decent starting pitching. The Twins are stinking it up right now and it's almost unwatchable for me. I was rah-rah when we were 10-4 or something and I complained to MUguy that he was bitching constantly about a team that was actually winning on the regular. Now, he is bitching but has some credible points. He's over the top, but he's not completely wrong. You? You just come to say stupid crap and sound like a tough guy. Hey, have at it buddy.
You're just looking for an argument and that tells most of us all we need to know about you. You're a fool, and you back it up on here daily.

Go Twins, right?

Here's a thought, with the Twins sputtering as well as the Guards, the Tigers could certainly be a factor in the AL Central "race".

Offensively they are not much better than the Twins, but who knows that could be enough.

If Correa were signed with the Mets to the contract they offered he would be receiving death threats in that market playing like this.

Ironically I think this ump has done pretty damn good tonight. Will see if the score card agrees.

Just a pet peeve when they seem to give the pity strike to bail a pitcher out. See it a lot.

Umpire Scorecards agrees with you that the Ump - Tripp Gibson - was quite good on ball and strike calls.

of 109 pitches that were called as balls, there were 5 that should have been called strikes
of 46 pitches that were called strikes, there were 2 that should have been called balls

so 148 of 155 pitches taken were called correctly - a 95% accuracy rate which is better than the 'average' umpire. based on 'run expectancy,' the missed calls slightly favored the Padres.

interestingly, all of the "missed" pitches were near the top of the strike zone.

Farmer is with the team so I'm guessing he gets activated any day now.

Edit: Well there you go!

sound the Trumpets!!

Kyle Farmer is activated from the IL

and.......Jose Miranda is optioned to St. Paul

(looks like I finished 4th in the race to post the news. got out-kicked at the finish line.....)

Top Bottom