All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Miranda may go down for Farmer on Tuesday. Though he did have two hits tonight, his defense is also brutal. A platoon of Gordon/Farmer may be best for now. Sure wish we had Arreaz about now.

I’ll throw in Solano instead. He made another bad play at first in the third when Gray had his rough inning, not an easy play, but a decent fielder makes that play. His bat has also been weak since the beginning of the season and that’s about the only place you can play him in the field. Gallo’s and AK playing there, make him redundant as well.

Miranda has had a tough going of it this season, no doubt, but he’s much younger and also had a slow start last year and his 🦇 carried us for periods of time last season , I’m giving him the long leash vs. Solano. Farmer is only batting .226 and of course, has limited power, so no thanks to him receiving Miranda’s ABs.

They can play AK against leftists at first and I look for him to be the primary first slacker if he hits even a little, as he’s much more capable there than in the outfield.

Also, just like AK, Farmer has to finish up his rehab/IL stint before he’s eligible to be recalled; I don’t know when that date is - per MLB App, it only started on 5/2 - so I think there’s a ways to go.

Last edited:

Miranda was shifted slightly to his left and went at least 3 strides further then rolled on the ground. Corrrea was going to cover 2nd for the flip. Gray could have easily just walked over towards third when all that unfolded, but he did not. Plus if Correa throws the ball to Gray who did make it to third Ramirez would have been out.
Gotcha. Having seen the replay and shift, I get it now.

Miranda is leading the Twins in at bats this season. This while sporting a .601 ops. Something not making sense here.

Bases loaded with no outs and don't score. At least we're consistent.

Just brutal at bats all around. The guy can’t throw strikes yet we keep swinging.

3rd time on this road trip they’re getting no hit through 5 innings.

Need to apologize to Larnach if we don't send Miranda down.

on Royce Lewis - once he starts the official Rehab stint, he can spend up to 20 days on rehab. that takes him close to the end of May.

after that, depending on how things go, he could be optioned to St. Paul for more work, or come up to the Twins - leading to more roster roulette.

Let's Speculate:
OF: Gallo, Taylor, Kepler
INF: Lewis, Correa, Polanco, Kirilloff
C: Vazquez/Jeffers
DH: Buxton

Bench: Farmer, Gordon, Solano

Miranda to St. Paul in search of.........something. Castro to the Bay of Pigs.......

at least with Kirilloff in the line-up it’s much less likely that the twins will be no hit going forward.

on Royce Lewis - once he starts the official Rehab stint, he can spend up to 20 days on rehab. that takes him close to the end of May.

after that, depending on how things go, he could be optioned to St. Paul for more work, or come up to the Twins - leading to more roster roulette.

Let's Speculate:
OF: Gallo, Taylor, Kepler
INF: Lewis, Correa, Polanco, Kirilloff
C: Vazquez/Jeffers
DH: Buxton

Bench: Farmer, Gordon, Solano

Miranda to St. Paul in search of.........something. Castro to the Bay of Pigs.......

Didn’t realize Royce was that close - Miranda needs to add that 15 pounds of baby fat back and get that mojo going.

I see Castro >Solano, strictly due to position flexibility and vs. Solano’s stick being past its “sell by date” & below average first slacker.

This fits the model most teams use, evaluate your team the first two months of the season and tweak it in June/July as need be.

We have holes, but at least we’re not the Mets whose office is anemic and just hot swept by the Tiggers

This is pretty strange. Both players wanted to be the last to leave the field after the anthem. So neither player would leave and both ended up being ejected and fined.

Twins are now dead last in avg At .220, 21st in OPS .689, and tied for last with 9 stolen bases. Better hope the warmer weather helps the bats wake up just a little bit.

This is pretty strange. Both players wanted to be the last to leave the field after the anthem. So neither player would leave and both ended up being ejected and fined.

I’ll out 🇺🇸 you.

Good Grief.

Thank goodness for The Phanantic

Top Bottom