All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

He's horrible at everything except running but if these new rules are going to stay, guys like him are going to be so valuable. Just plugging a guy in that is an automatic steal late in games.

Somewhere Claudell Washington is 😃

"Slash line" is not nor will ever be in my vocabulary.

Gotcha, so ignore stats to disagree, makes sense.

Ill give Miranda credit. His propensity(maybe also not in your vocab) to have no patience and hit weak goofy contact paid off. Fooled Anderson for the big error.

Larnach might need a few days off to think about what he’s doing at the plate. Since he hit that off speed pitch for a homerun a few days ago he’s missing center cut fastballs.

Really tough loss for the White Sox. So close to gaining 3 games on the division leaders and feeling good about May after such a disastrous April.

Cleveland starting 3 rookie pitchers against us this wknd.

Twins Win!

all they had to do was produce a 5-run inning in the top of the 12th. no prob.

but it does not match one of my all-time favorite Twins games:

Sat, June 21, 1969.
Twins beat Oakland A's 14-4 in 10 innings.
game was tied 3-3 after 9 innings
Twins scored 11 runs in the top of the 10th. Killebrew hit a 3-run HR.
Oakland got 1 run in the bottom of the the 10th.

and the winning pitcher - that Twins immortal - Joe Grzenda
future Angels Manager Marcel Lachemann pitched for the A's in the 10th.

Larnach might need a few days off to think about what he’s doing at the plate. Since he hit that off speed pitch for a homerun a few days ago he’s missing center cut fastballs.

Seven consecutive strikeouts less than ideal. Nice to see Gordon do well, he may be my favorite Twin as he's always such a great teammate. Our starting pitchers continue to impress, that will take us a long way.

Ober can you go 9 tomorrow?
At least nobody went more than 1 IP. Probably only Pagan & Moran won't be available having gone back-to-back.

But yeah, go Ober. Jax and Thielbar first options, likely.

From listing to radio the Twins set a team record with issuing 5 Intentional Walks.

In the end it's a game like this that offsets so to speak the one that got away vs the Red Sox. Add then up and hope at the end of the year either break even or on plus side by a few.

Last edited:

Last edited:

At least nobody went more than 1 IP. Probably only Pagan & Moran won't be available having gone back-to-back.

But yeah, go Ober. Jax and Thielbar first options, likely.

From listing to radio the Twins set a team record with issuing 5 Intentional Walks.

In the end it's a game like this that offsets so to speak the one that got away vs the Red Sox. Add then up and hope at the end of the year either break even or on plus side by a few.

Rocko made some good calls with the intentional walks and how he subbed in Nick

I missed my nap
Here's a really random Claudell Washington story. The Yankees were approaching their 10,000 HR in franchise history back in 1988 and they came to the HHH Dome, while I was at the U. I bought a ticket lower deck, RF line near the bullpen.

Washington comes in the game, hits a PH bomb off of Reardon to break the record over the Hefty Bag into the 2nd Deck off to go ahead 6-5 in the 9th for the 10,000th. 1st franchise to do that.

The dude that got the ball succumbed to Wrigley Field wannabe peer pressure and chucked the ball back down to the field, unknowing of the balls significance, which I knew probably by listening to the Twins pregame on CCO.

Bad move. That sphere is worth a lot of dough.

Claudell passed away in 2020 (age 65) and that historic feat was mentioned in virtually all his Obits.

RIP.

Last edited:

Here's a really random Claudell Washington story. The Yankees were approaching their 10,000 HR in franchise history back in 1988 and they came to the HHH Dome, while I was at the U. I bought a ticket lower deck, RF line near the bullpen.

Washington comes in the game, hits a PH bomb off of Reardon to break the record over the Hefty Bag into the 2nd Deck off of Reardon to go ahead 6-5 in the 9th for the 10,000th. 1st franchise to do that.

The dude that got the ball succumbed to Wrigley Field wannabe peer pressure and chucked the ball back down to the field, unknowing of the balls significance, which I knew probably by listening to the Twins pregame on CCO.

Bad move. That sphere is worth a lot of dough.

Claudell passed away in 2020 (age 65) and that historic feat was mentioned in virtually all his Obits.

RIP.

That’s why I love baseball - an accidental random conversation about Claudell via Billy and Herb

Warning for TV luddites, Friday night's Twins-Guards game is on Apple TV+.

All the new free agents (Taylor, Gallo Vazquez) seem to be regressing to the mean at the same time. It's really time to start playing Buxton in CF some and get either Kiriloff or Julien up to help the offense. Also Jeffers should catch at least half of the time.

Top Bottom