All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

I mean Gray has publicly called us out on multiple occasions for pulling starters. So idk what any of that incoherrent ramble was.

What I said was fact, its been an issue for Gray. We can wow him with a deal to stay but thats what will be needed.
It's a large assumption that the Twins even want to wow Gray with a modest deal.

Especially since he hasn't exactly been an iron horse. Make him the qualifying offer. If he wants to come back for one year $20 million, great.
Correct. Short term, fine. Could flip him for prospects at the Trade Deadline in such a year if they happened to not be contending.

Especially since he hasn't exactly been an iron horse. Make him the qualifying offer. If he wants to come back for one year $20 million, great.
I'd even be ok with a 2 year deal but I'm guessing he wouldn't commit to even that at this point. Someone will probably really overpay for him.

going to whack the dead horse one more time.

based on what I've read, the Twins seem to give a lot of weight to a drop in velocity.
as mentioned elsewhere, Ryan had a long at-bat with Tim Anderson and during that at-bat, his fastball velocity dropped from 93 to 90. The Twins (whether you agree or not) apparently see that as a sign that the pitcher is losing some steam.

I remember hearing about the same issue with Mahle. one of the reasons why they thought something was wrong is that Mahle's velocity within his last start kept dropping.

I am not a pitching coach or a kinesiologist, so I cannot comment on whether this is a valid concern. but it's clearly a concern in the eyes of the Twins.

I have no problem with pulling Ryan.

Now, hitters swinging at fast balls that are 8" above the strike zone - that's a different matter.

I’m going to go back to the beginning.

Why does the prospect of playing in the playoffs seemingly cause such angst?

I will answer your other post in due time.
What are you waiting for?

I'd even be ok with a 2 year deal but I'm guessing he wouldn't commit to even that at this point. Someone will probably really overpay for him.

His first and only bite at the free agent 🍎 - he’ll find someone who doesn’t realize stats tell you it’s one of the worst bets in baseball to signed a pitcher that old to a long term deal- I still have flash backs from Mike Hampton to the Metd

My life doesn’t revolve around this, as I was bust with other mattters obviously 🙄

You suffer from playoffitis.

Why?
That was your comeback to it moment.

Why were you including the last place yankees. And what was our record against their 1 and 2 starter?

That was your comeback to it moment.

Why were you including the last place yankees. And what was our record against their 1 and 2 starter?

I wanted to see if you had the guts to provide an honest answer to your utterance; of course, you whiffed and apparently didn’t because you didn’t want to say that you afraid that the Twins will lose again in the playoffs, i.e. playoffitis. Yet the only way that streak ends is if the Twins make the playoffs and win to end the streak.

Savvy?

Why do you care what our record is against their 1&2 starters, if they shouldn’t be included? Interesting 😁 logic.

Obviously 🙄 I included the Yanks and the Astros since they were the two teams in the ALCS last season (with the Stros winning it all) - the last two AL playoff teams and both were picked to make the playoffs this season in the prognostications I spied.

To my understanding we lost to Cole in his one start against us and Cortes is 0-1 against us in his two starts - to me, he is their number 2. If you have third party source to refute that then feel free to provide it, FWIW Cortes is listed as second active pitcher on the MLB App for the Yanks depth chart.

If I could trust you, I’d happily make a friendly wager that the Twins will make the playoffs and win a series.

Last edited:

Another good AB/swung tonight, after his double and HRsnatched by Bienentendi last night.

Carlos is coming.

Last edited:

I wanted to see if you had the guts to provide an honest answer to your utterance; of course, you whiffed and apparently didn’t because you didn’t want to say that you afraid that the Twins will lose again in the playoffs, i.e. playoffitis. Yet the only way that streak ends is if the Twins make the playoffs and win to end the streak.

Savvy?

Why do you care what our record is against their 1&2 starters, if they shouldn’t be included? Interesting 😁 logic.

Obviously 🙄 I included the Yanks and the Astros since they were the two teams in the ALCS last season (with the Stros winning it all) - the last two AL playoff teams and both were picked to make the playoffs this season in the prognostications I spied.

To my understanding we lost to Cole in his one start against us and Cortes is 0-1 against us in his two starts - to me, he is their number 2. If you have third party source to refute that then feel free to provide it, FWIW Cortes is listed as second active pitcher on the MLB App for the Yanks depth chart.

If I could trust you, I’d happily make a friendly wager that the Twins will make the playoffs and win a series.
Oh, I've hoped they make the playoffs.

0-18 has me a little worn out though. I'm not gonna lie. It all looks the same to me.

Huh. Shut the tube off after the Robert shot, thinking game over with Cease on the bump. Looks like a nice little comeback. TV back on.

Not sure what’s worse the twins with no outs and the bases loaded or the wilds special teams in the playoffs?

Loaded with no outs and can't scratch a run across. Why do they insist on swinging at the first pitch when the pitcher has no place to put you? Make them get you out. All the pressure is on the pitcher at that point.

Serious question, is the goal of the organization to win games or not? We had Ober a clear top 5 pitchers in the minors forever. AK cant crack this lineup??

Correa is absymal. Has he had a big hit all year? Last year? Besides september when we got hot when we fell out of contention? Hes a leader. The dude has no patience in the clutch ever.

AK cant play over Miranda and Larnch?? One guy who swings at everything for weak pop outs the other who can only walk and cant hit a single pitch that isnt a fastball and usually misses those.

Loaded with no outs and can't scratch a run across. Why do they insist on swinging at the first pitch when the pitcher has no place to put you? Make them get you out. All the pressure is on the pitcher at that point.

Calros "leader" Correa

Theres a reason the Astros havent missed a beat since he left. Hes about the money. The other guys were the winners.

Losing two out of three not a big deal. Let's not get swept. Larnach looks like he's lost all confidence. Is our bullpen becoming a concern?

Last edited:

Losing two out of three not a big deal. Let's not get swept. Larnach looks like he's lost all confidence. Is our bullpen becoming a concern?
I’d trade out Larnach for Kirilloff at this point. Really disappointing after such a good start from him.

I’d trade out Larnach for Kirilloff at this point. Really disappointing after such a good start from him.

Yes to both,Golf, IMO, and another great answer by GII, this time regarding Larnach.

Jax may not be a >7 inning pitcher, maybe give him primarily the 6 and see if Stewart can handle the 7? Or trade for another arm?

Thankfully my doctor appointment this morning necessitated a 5th inning departure

Last edited:

Yes to both, Golf IMO, and another great answer by GII, this time regarding Larnach.

Jax may n be a >7 inning pitcher, maybe give him primarily the6 and see if Stewart can handle the 7? Or trade for another arm?

Thankfully my doctor appointment this morning necessitated a 5th inning departure
I've mentioned before but we really need a 5th reliever to step up or make a trade for one. The top 4 are really good but there's a big drop off after them.

Top Bottom