All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Why cant Rocco/Falvine stick to a lineup order? There is no rhyme or reason every game.

Bat Kepler lead off. Buxton 4th.

Buxton isnt a lead off hitter. He hits tanks(we want them with men on), he free swings and doesnt steal anymore.

A pitcher like Kopech who has awful control should be seeing a guy like Kepler first who will take pitches.

Jesus. Just dont swing against Kopech. The guy literally cant throw strikes. Miranda just swung into a DP. No swings and we win.

Also, Correa is legit approaching worst hitter in baseball. When is he getting dropped in order?

Great outing as usual Joe.

Let’s get some insurance runs/breathing room now.

Keep Joe going! They cant touch him. Dont let one gritty AB by a tough bat to ball guy influence.

Keep Joe going! They cant touch him. Dont let one gritty AB by a tough bat to ball guy influence.

So fucking predictable.

Rocco fucking Baldelli cant manage a fuckign baseball game.

Yanks lost a game to Guardians for the same shit. When a team cant hit your fucking pitcher you dont pull him for no reason.

What a fucking jackass

This is a perfect example of why people don't like what baseball has become. Joe Ryan does all you can ask of a guy and he won't get the win.

Especially since Ryan only was at 87 pitches. He probably could have pitched 2 more innings.

Especially since Ryan only was at 87 pitches. He probably could have pitched 2 more innings.

Inexcusable.

Baseball has never been a sport where you actively give a team that top to bottom cant hit a guy, a better chance to hit by taking him out for no reason.

So fucking predictable.

Rocco fucking Baldelli cant manage a fuckign baseball game.

Yanks lost a game to Guardians for the same shit. When a team cant hit your fucking pitcher you dont pull him for no reason.

What a fucking jackass
Do you need help?

You realize theres 162 of these stupid things and you’re gonna lose some games. this over arching theme to treat baseball like football where every game is life or death is ridiculous.

Do you need help?

You realize theres 162 of these stupid things and you’re gonna lose some games. this over arching theme to treat baseball like football where every game is life or death is ridiculous.

Wait because theres 162 games it means you pull a pitcher for no reason??

Or are you implying that games in a baseball season dont matter the same as a hockey, basketball or football season??

News flash they all matter. Because every sport has a season weighted the same for everyone. Or you that stupid?

Crazy- I’ve never see a catcher set up in the other batters box as Grandel.

Wait because theres 162 games it means you pull a pitcher for no reason??

Or are you implying that games in a baseball season dont matter the same as a hockey, basketball or football season??

News flash they all matter. Because every sport has a season weighted the same for everyone. Or you that stupid?
The twins are 17-12 right now. If they play .500 baseball the rest of the year they finish at 84-78, that means they are basically going to play .500 ball the rest of the season.

I though I was angry during baseball, but man you take it to a whole different level.

The twins are 17-12 right now. If they play .500 baseball the rest of the year they finish at 84-78, that means they are basically going to play .500 ball the rest of the season.

I though I was angry during baseball, but man you take it to a whole different level.
That could literally win this shit division.

But then we have to play in the playoffs.

If they play .500 baseball??

Well one.....84-78 is an awful record(even for this division) and thats assuming .500.

It was an awful move by an awful manager on many levels. Not only did he take out a pitcher cruising. But now in the first game of a week he over uses his bullpen as a result of the bad move.

Its constantly making these moves why we are 7-9 in our last 16. Or 11-12 against teams not named the Royals. He doesnt know what hes doing.

Shit, we technically got Anderson out before losing. Pitching to TA there was probably dumber than pulling Ryan. It just magically worked. The guy is really bad and has to be called out on it.

Every game matters. Theres a reason why the final days of the regular season multiple divisions and WC are decided every single year. Just like football where they play 16 games. Or basketball where they play 82.

Vasquez is a great defensive catcher(aside from the Red Sox game he lost) but his bat is awful. You cant have literally zero power and swing at balls over your head. Crucial K.

We need another reliever bad and cant wait til July to do it. Because Rocco pulls his starters early you find yourself pitching Brock Stewart and Thielbar(in non situational appearances) in 9th and 10th innings.

there are lots of trades that look insane in hindsight. Ryne Sandberg and Larry Bowa to the Cubs for Ivan DeJesus. Lou Brock for Ernie Broligo. John Smoltz for Doyle Alexander. Randy Johnson for Mark Langston.
Hindsight is the key word. In ‘87, the Smoltz/Alexander trade looked great for Detroit, as Alexander won the division for the Tigers. But after that year, it turned out very one-sided for the Braves.

Split the next two and move on.

Thats the scary thing. Its baseball so gotta play em and hope for best.

But tomorrow is Varland vs Cease.

Thursday is the Rocco sit the starters get away day classic vs Giolito.

Today was a big one. And we had a guy cruising.

Thats the scary thing. Its baseball so gotta play em and hope for best.

But tomorrow is Varland vs Cease.

Thursday is the Rocco sit the starters get away day classic vs Giolito.

Today was a big one. And we had a guy cruising.

Sox are reeling, would've been nice to step on their throats right out of the gate. There would've been a fistfight on the mound if a manager had went out to get Morris or Blyleven after 78 pitches and 1 hit.

On the other hand pitchers today are so fragile and we just lost two starters. Guess I trust Rocco on this one. Would be interesting to get Ryan's honest thoughts. I know Sonny Gray was frustrated with early hooks last season.

Sox are reeling, would've been nice to step on their throats right out of the gate. There would've been a fistfight on the mound if a manager had went out to get Morris or Blyleven after 78 pitches and 1 hit.

On the other hand pitchers today are so fragile and we just lost two starters. Guess I trust Rocco on this one. Would be interesting to get Ryan's honest thoughts. I know Sonny Gray was frustrated with early hooks last season.

I posted this a week earlier, that we were second in MLB with a starter’s going 5.6 innings per tilt, so it’s apparently not as egregious as last year and as you correctly noted, the game has changed and is managed differently now than 15-20 years

My guess is they were mortified with Netflix’s recent announcement that they’ll no longer mail out movies any longer either🤓

Top Bottom