All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Dude is so likable.
I wish the choice was not to give up 3 years of Arraez for 2 year of Lopez. This is especially true with Polanco being hurt now and his contract potentially being done after this year.

2024 contract for Jorge automatically vests with 550 plate appearances this year. He can be bought out for a million dollars.

The trouble is it’s early and they are already this banged up. What the heck is this team going to look like in July? They will need players from the DRS to play for them.

The trouble is it’s early and they are already this banged up. What the heck is this team going to look like in July? They will need players from the DRS to play for them.
Agree, but we're not the only ones. White Sox just had to do a flurry of roster moves because of injuries, including to Tim Anderson (!).

If you think Rocco is the sole decision maker on the lineup/pitching decisions, you are sorely mistaken. I'm not saying I agree with the moves, but it's been obvious for several years that these are the product of "group think".

For better or worse.

I know dumb and dumber up in the FO make him follow analytics on in game moves.

But I doubt Falvey and Lavine are saying "bat Gordon 4th today"

There isnt a single data point that would even say do that. ONe guy has a OBP of .420 the other has a OPS of .320. Thats incredible.

Farmer has struck out in 8 of his last 9 ABs I believe. Thats incredible.

I know dumb and dumber up in the FO make him follow analytics on in game moves.

But I doubt Falvey and Lavine are saying "bat Gordon 4th today"

I disagree. Probably Francona & Showalter are the only managers left that have full autonomy. Everywhere else...Committee.

And Farmer gets drilled right in the mouth.
Hope he's ok. Provos (back on the radio) relayed in perhaps the least surprising Press Release of all time from the Twins, "Farmer left the game due to a jaw injury".

No further updates at this time.

Hope he's ok. Provos (back on the radio) relayed in perhaps the least surprising Press Release of all time from the Twins, "Farmer left the game due to a jaw injury".

No further updates at this time.
They didn't show it again on the broadcast, but it's right there on MLB.com in the gamecast if you want to see. Tough to tell exactly where it gets him, but I'd guess he's headed to the IL as well.

Its time people start doing their jobs.

Our offense is so bad. Because we do everything wrong.

Even with injuries we make the completely incompetent batting order. Miranda and Gordon cant hit for shit. You cannot trot out auto outs in the 3/4 spot every game. Its simple fucking baseball.

We just had a lefty come in and we had to bat Gordon because we have no other players. Because we sit with injured guys for 4 games before making IL moves.

Buxton cant play OF yet he gets hurt no matter what, so get his ass out there. Stop batting him top of the order and get a real middle of the order. Its embarrassing.

The pitching staff all deserve purple hearts.

Its time people start doing their jobs.

Our offense is so bad. Because we do everything wrong.

Even with injuries we make the completely incompetent batting order. Miranda and Gordon cant hit for shit. You cannot trot out auto outs in the 3/4 spot every game. Its simple fucking baseball.

We just had a lefty come in and we had to bat Gordon because we have no other players. Because we sit with injured guys for 4 games before making IL moves.

Buxton cant play OF yet he gets hurt no matter what, so get his ass out there. Stop batting him top of the order and get a real middle of the order. Its embarrassing.

The pitching staff all deserve purple hearts.
With all due respect, do you ever shut up? Do you really hate everything this much? Just seems like a horrible existence. It's entertainment!

With all due respect, do you ever shut up? Do you really hate everything this much? Just seems like a horrible existence. It's entertainment!
Miranda and Gordon of course proved they could hit last year; Miranda lead the team in RBIs.

Thank God we’re not 4-7 - it would be unsufferable.

The injury surge in recent yrs is really astounding. Never used to be like this.

Cleveland loses as well. A good day! A sword day! A red day! Ere the sun rises! 😆

Last edited:

The injury surge in recent yrs is really astounding. Never used to be like this.
I wonder how much of this is coddling an investment, as opposed to playing through some pain. I don't disagree with either, for the most part.

For someone with that personality trait, following a MLB season would seem like an arduous task for 162 games. It's a marathon. That amount of disdain in game 12 is baffling. Save it for September/October...or at least May.

Such a complaint might register more later, but for now they are 8-4. I don't care if they are winning despite themselves (not saying they are or not).

I wonder how much of this is coddling an investment, as opposed to playing through some pain. I don't disagree with either, for the most part.

Yeah, maybe. Would like to see a study of injury rate per decade. Ironman would say the difference between decades is jaw droppingly stark.

Last edited:

Yeah, maybe. Would like to see a study of injury rate per decade. In Ironman's words, bet the difference between decades would be jaw droppingly stark.
You mean Cal Ripken Jr.? :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, maybe. Would like to see a study of injury rate per decade. In Ironman's words, bet the difference between decades would be jaw droppingly stark.

Switching from a 15 Day Injured list to 10 which has just been in the past few years, may also play a role. I thought going to 10 would reduce/essentially eliminate the sit out for more than a game or 2 situations.

In the Twins case, I get the feeling that they just don't have many options on the 40 man as SON has pointed out, which is a whole different topic (and problem). However at 8-4, the calculated risk hasn't been a detriment, yet.

look - players get hurt. they don't want to get hurt. they don't try to get hurt. sometimes it just happens. It sucks that the Twins have been hit with a number of injuries early in the season - and maybe a different training staff or approach would make a difference - but there's no way to prove that. don't forget - they have a new trainer this year. Not the same as last year. so they got rid of the trainer that nobody liked. and guess what, they have a new trainer that nobody likes......

on the plus side, Polanco and Kirilloff are doing minor league rehab now. Kepler is reportedly getting closer. Gallo could be ready for some minor-league at bats - so reinforcements are on the way.

no idea how long Farmer will be out. (but I don't think the trainer had anything to do with that one....)

Switching from a 15 Day Injured list to 10 which has just been in the past few years, may also play a role. I thought going to 10 would reduce/essentially eliminate the sit out for more than a game or 2 situations.

In the Twins case, I get the feeling that they just don't have many options on the 40 man as SON has pointed out, which is a whole different topic (and problem). However at 8-4, the calculated risk hasn't been a detriment, yet.
After Julien was called up, there are 0 position players available on the 40 man in the minors. Most of the injuries are non-pitchers.

You mean Cal Ripken Jr.? :ROFLMAO:

Touche. Took me a while to get that. Well done.
These days Ripken would be sitting out day games following night games and Nolan Ryan wouldv've had a TJ surgery or two.

Last edited:

Top Bottom