All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

And now I can eat dinner as soon as my blood pressure drops a little bit. Need to score more runs tomorrow. These close games are tough to sit through.

I’m not on Twitter, have Barreiro or Mackey told us not to be excited?

How fun was that. Falvey has made a few hideous trades, but has also done a masterful job putting this team together. Both pitching and hitting depth.

Pitching and defense were outstanding today. And Lewis is something. Tip of the hat as well to Julien, to no one's surprise he drew a crucial walk.

Now to make sure my voice is well rested going into the clincher tomorrow.

How fun was that. Falvey has made a few hideous trades, but has also done a masterful job putting this team together. Both pitching and hitting depth.

Pitching and defense were outstanding today. And Lewis is something. Tip of the hat as well to Julien, to no one's surprise he drew a crucial walk.

Now to make sure my voice is well rested going into the clincher tomorrow.
Did you get a hanky?

Danny B is probably working on twins brewers catchy names like Small Classic or Northwoods Showdown. Great Lakes classic. He created 41-donut.

This performance from Lopez compared with the bullpen showing is why I think the Twins can beat anyone in the AL.

This performance from Lopez compared with the bullpen showing is why I think the Twins can beat anyone in the AL.
They are built for the playoffs with their pitching staff. Sonny tomorrow gives them a great chance to move on

In 1987 before heading to my freshman year at the U, my good friend I had the foresight a month before the season was over to order ALCS tickets. $60 for the whole series to sit in the outfield Upper Deck.
Personal checks were no good, so without credit cards we had to go to the Post Office to get certified Money Orders to secure our seats. We were in LF fair territory, in one of the first rows, just inside the Foul Pole which was actually a net connected by a wire to the Teflon roof.

The Twins had never won a postseason series since moving from Washington in 1961.

The Twins had not won a postseason game since Game 6 of 1965 World Series against the Dodgers.

The Twins won the first two AL West Division crowns in 1969 & 1970. They were ousted in 3 game sweeps both Octobers by the Orioles to stretch their playoff losing streak to 7.

What happened in Game 1 was pretty magical, and memorable. It was all new to us since we were less than 2 years old the last time they were in the playoffs.

I don't want to say I believe in premonitions, but c'mon I post the Gaetti video and then Royce Lewis joins him as the 2nd Twin ever to hit HRs in his first 2 Postseason ABs!!! 3rd player ever to do it along with Evan Longoria.

Fun day. Both games I walked out of the ballpark like I was walking on air. Of course that was more literal at the HHH Dome. When they opened the doors the air pressure change had a wind tunnel effect.

I miss that dump. Sometimes.

Hard to believe I was a junior in high school the last time we won a playoff game. Nice job Twins, let's close this out tomorrow!

Awful strike 3 call on Julien. I will say this until I'm blue in the face - it's time for robot umps.
It was. But Julien really needs to cut down on taking those pitches next year (assuming no challenge system). He's usually right, but that gets you nothing under the current rules.

It was. But Julien really needs to cut down on taking those pitches next year (assuming no challenge system). He's usually right, but that gets you nothing under the current rules.
He needs to cut down on taking ball 4?

?????????????????????????

Looking forward to coomdogs response. He was a mlb all star. Yes, every team needed to send a player.

Top Bottom