All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Yup - that’s one reason why this is the beautiful game.

I think Opie’s point about being that far up the middle factors into it as well and of course, he might if just forgot or got caught up watching the play too.

If there's a runner on first and the third basemen has to charge the plate (e.g., a bunt), then I needed to slide over to cover third - not all the way to the bag, but slide in that direction so I could easily get to the bag before the base runner could reach it. Every now and then you see where a shortstop completely fails to do this, and a runner gets to second and with no one covering third they just take that base as well.

Good coaching and an apt pupil!

LMAO. That’s a play one of my tee ballers would try😂, except for Brandt who inexplicably always covered second base with dirt. I ran the youth rec league for a couple summers in college.

I wish I had the onions and speed to have done that once in my time playing days.
I sort of did it during a slow pitch softball game. 1 Ump, rounding 3rd on a hit, raining, rubber spikes so good chance of a wipe out on the base, late in game with the run inconsequential, so I took a chance.

Figured if I got called on it, game would get done quicker.

5.9 runs per game given up by Twins pitchers during the eighteen game losing streak.

How nice is it this playoffs to have a pitching staff that is as good as any.
trouble is during the streak twins couldnt score any runs. That trend maintained yesterday. They arent winning anything meaningful only scoring 3 runs

trouble is during the streak twins couldnt score any runs. That trend maintained yesterday. They arent winning anything meaningful only scoring 3 runs
It didn't bother Lewis a lick but I would imagine the young guys (Julien, Kiriloff and Wallner) have a ton of nerves. We need Correa, Kepler and Polanco to set the tone offensively.

Yes. Though #3 confuses me. How can a missed call in Lewis's first inning AB be a negative impact when he still hit a 2 run HR later in the at bat?
That doesn't take into account what actually happens afterwards. It looks at the runs expectancy in each situation. What's the run expectancy if that's called a ball compared to if it's called a strike. Then it tallies that difference for every wrong call and gets to a number.

In Lewis' at bat, that bad call probably actually benefited the Twins in the end as he might have walked if it's called correctly.

FWIW - Not sure of the reliability:

Really wish they'd swap Polanco for Castro. It feels like tempting fate to keep running Polanco out there at 3B and their bat is probably a push at this point as Polanco is not 100%.

Really wish they'd swap Polanco for Castro. It feels like tempting fate to keep running Polanco out there at 3B and their bat is probably a push at this point as Polanco is not 100%.

Castro's numbers were much better than Polanco's over the last month. But I think you have to run back the same lineup you used to break the streak yesterday.

5.9 runs per game given up by Twins pitchers during the eighteen game losing streak.

How nice is it this playoffs to have a pitching staff that is as good as any.
How dare you insult Brian Duensing’s 7.24 & Carlo Silvia’s 10,80 Postseason ERAS🤓

Someone ran through some of the other Cy Youngers we trotted out during the former streak and the ledge was looking tempting.

Pablo was a Master stroke and a couple more seasons like this one, will be akin to a $.99cent store deal

Assuming its going to be a low scoring game, Polanco would be a good bat to come off the bench.

I’m not on Twitter, have Barreiro or Mackey told us not to be excited?

before the game, Judd Zulgad on Skor North said that "if the Twins win the game, but they don't win the right way, then people should not celebrate ending the streak."

by 'not winning the right way,' he meant if they would have blown a big lead and barely hung on to win.

Even Mackey and Declan were astounded.

Judd just seems to be upset with the Twins no matter what they do. after the game, he was griping that they didn't get enough hits.

before the game, Judd Zulgad on Skor North said that "if the Twins win the game, but they don't win the right way, then people should not celebrate ending the streak."

by 'not winning the right way,' he meant if they would have blown a big lead and barely hung on to win.

Even Mackey and Declan were astounded.

Judd just seems to be upset with the Twins no matter what they do. after the game, he was griping that they didn't get enough hits.
He's trying to be Skip Bayless.

The Rays haven't scored a run in 31.1 straight innings in the postseason.

Sonny gets out of a bit of a jam in the first. Ump has a tight strike zone

He’s human. Lewis grounds into an inning ending DP

Jays have had runners on every inning but no damage done

Oh, great. Correa up with bases loaded.........

Correa gets the Twins on the board. 1-0 bases loaded and still nobody out

Top Bottom