All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Maybe? But I’m guessing Maeda stays in the bullpen. I’m usually wrong so take that for it’s worth.

They only used Maeda out of the bullpen once, and he threw more pitches than Gray that day and it was the last time either of them pitched. I saw that more as maintenance and setting up the pitchers for the postseason.

Ryan has been up and down all year, but he's still a solid, young 3rd starter. If he's on such a short leash, why wouldn't you just start Kenta?

It's possible they're also comfortable with Lopez on 3 days rest.

The Twins have gone up 3-0 a few times in the 18 game losing streak.

That’s not the problem. Using Ryan for only one inning and expecting Maeda/bullpen to give up nothing for the rest of an elimination game is the problem.

I don’t think there is any way the Twins would pull Ryan after 1 inning anyways unless he gave up more.

Good start. Now let’s get an early run or 2

And Correa watches 3 strikes without swinging the bat

Is A-Rod accusing the Twins of stealing signs, or saying that Gausman is tipping pitches?

Holy cow it's fun to finally have a guy on the team that is the definition of 'clutch'. Go Royce Go.

Is A-Rod accusing the Twins of stealing signs, or saying that Gausman is tipping pitches?
They’re not saying specifically but it seems everything is on the table except the Twins just being able to lay off those pitches.

They’re not saying specifically but it seems everything is on the table except the Twins just being able to lay off those pitches.
Maybe ARod’s jealous, due to his mostly mediocre postseason efforts?

Takeout 2009 where he was amazing, it was otherwise so-so.

Polanco F's up twice this game. Guess he was part of that 18 game losing playoff streak, just trying to keep the streak alive?

Top Bottom