All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Rays won again today, 11-0 over the As, so that makes 9-0 for their start.

They are the first team since the 1874 St. Louis Maroons to start a season 9-0 and have a 50 run differential.

😳

Last edited:

Rays won again today, 11-0 over the As, so that makes 9-0 for their start.

They are the first team since the 1874 St. Louis Marion’s to start a season 9-0 and have a 50 run differential.

😳
It's the Antoine Winfield Jr. effect. He just makes everyone better.

Somehow the rays are gonna win 115 games in the east. They will have the best rotation in the majors once Tyler Glasnow comes back.

The AL and NL East are gonna be brutal.

Somehow the rays are gonna win 115 games in the east. They will have the best rotation in the majors once Tyler Glasnow comes back.

The AL and NL East are gonna be brutal.
If I can get some decent tixs, I may go to the Bronx to check them out

Wander scuffling along at .351 4 HRs 9 RBIs and 1.157 Ops as a 22 year old - show off

We did it with Kohl Stewart. We need to do the same with Gordon.

I dont give a fuck if you used a top 5 pick on a guy. If he cant play, he cant play
Gordon's play last year earned a longer leash than 9 games. Come on.

Gordon's play last year earned a longer leash than 9 games. Come on.

He has a career OPS+ of 97 and isnt a good defender.

Hes not an everyday player talent wise. And we have simply better options within the organization.

He has a career OPS+ of 97 and isnt a good defender.

Hes not an everyday player talent wise. And we have simply better options within the organization.
I think it’s a matter of Polanco being back soon and Gallo only missing a few games hopefully so Gordon will probably go back to being a backup. If they’re going to bring up Julien it would be to play every day. And I think they would have done that if Polanco was expected to be out longer.

I think it’s a matter of Polanco being back soon and Gallo only missing a few games hopefully so Gordon will probably go back to being a backup. If they’re going to bring up Julien it would be to play every day. And I think they would have done that if Polanco was expected to be out longer.
Spot on!

There’s more to baseball, thankfully, than whatever new saber stat they’ve created.

Another day, another day off for Buxton. The strain of taking 4 ABs a game and watching the rest of the action from the dugout is really wearing him down.

The twins have never had an injury they think can be healed with 2 days off that did not result in a time on the IL. He’s not on the IL, but he will be.

I’m not complaining just making a comment. Kepler was the same way this year, Polonco the same thing last year. The twins willingness to play 2 or 3 games short handed vs just putting someone on the IL has always fascinated me.

I have no optimism that Polanco will be back anytime soon. The guys had a knee issue since August and I don’t believe he is even swinging a baseball bat yet. If a knee didn’t heal over the course of 6 months, what are the odds it’s going to heal at all without surgery.

Today, Larnach leading off and Gordon clean-up. The art of making a batting lineup has certainly changed.

It will be absolutely shocking if Cease doesnt do what Alcantara did to us last week

Another day, another day off for Buxton. The strain of taking 4 ABs a game and watching the rest of the action from the dugout is really wearing him down.
I get it. But if he plays in the other two games of this series he'll be 10/12. That's a pace for 135 games. We'd all take that. I have more of an issue with him not playing CF. Taylor is a fine fielder but he can't hit and the offense needs help. Doesn't really matter right now since the alternative is Willi Castro. But once Polanco is back, I hope Buxton can get out there.

Today, Larnach leading off and Gordon clean-up. The art of making a batting lineup has certainly changed.
Eh. Other than "the catcher must hit 3rd" I feel like Gardy sometimes drew the other spots out of a hat.

The twins have never had an injury they think can be healed with 2 days off that did not result in a time on the IL. He’s not on the IL, but he will be.

I’m not complaining just making a comment. Kepler was the same way this year, Polonco the same thing last year. The twins willingness to play 2 or 3 games short handed vs just putting someone on the IL has always fascinated me.
Exactly. Put Gallo on the IL already. Correa tomorrow. We know it's coming. Enough rehab for Polanco. If he's healthy enough to play A ball he's healthy enough to play.

I have no optimism that Polanco will be back anytime soon. The guys had a knee issue since August and I don’t believe he is even swinging a baseball bat yet. If a knee didn’t heal over the course of 6 months, what are the odds it’s going to heal at all without surgery.
Polanco just played a rehab game Saturday. He should be back shortly.

Dr Nick Papa Rest is having a day. Maybe reverse course on Buxton Rocco. Geeze.

Certainly. Larnach has been getting on base a lot so far so it does make sense.

Not feeling great about today's game. Lot of righties in our lineup but no Buxton or Correa, only 3 lefties. Cease has to be feeling good about todsy. Maeda pretty much has to allow zero runs. Sox have been hitting the ball well.

Last edited:

Overall great approach at the plate first time through against Cease. As good as he is he led the league in walks last year and you have to be patient and run up the pitch count.

We are doing that. Except for shitty ass Taylor. First pitch bunt right back to Cease after a lead off single. We cant keep playing this guy. Hes terrible and the D cant offset that.

I get it. But if he plays in the other two games of this series he'll be 10/12. That's a pace for 135 games. We'd all take that. I have more of an issue with him not playing CF. Taylor is a fine fielder but he can't hit and the offense needs help. Doesn't really matter right now since the alternative is Willi Castro. But once Polanco is back, I hope Buxton can get out there.
Up to this point it wouldn't really matter. If Buxton plays CF, then many days it's someone like Taylor or Castro still playing anyways.

Anyone know why they're playing a day game today? Really weird.

Maeda reality check.

You can throw 84 mph spinners right down the middle

The White Sox defense…

giphy.gif

Top Bottom