All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

It's been that way for years. I bought the full strips in 2002 and trying to get the tickets to various friends/relatives for the games I couldn't go to was a PITA. Probably much easier without paper tickets, but I would still Stub Hub it 100% now.
Thanks - I wasn’t aware.

Julien man what are you waiting for on strike 1 and 3. Gallo would strike out too, but at least he would swing.

The twins expecting to swap one DFA candidate in Lopez for another DFA candidate in Floro and expecting different results is front office mismanagement. The guy sucks.

This is the exact type of game that worries me with Gray as he is a nibbler. In the playoffs you can’t be a nibbler. This is especially true with the bullpen the twins have. I really do hope that Ober and Varland are both on the playoff roster to add for depth in case a pitcher doesn’t go long. Your options when that happen can not be Floro, Headrick, and Winder.

some injury updates from Twitter:

Brock Stewart says he will start a rehab with St. Paul - scheduled to throw Friday and next Tuesday. If all goes well, he could be activated for the home series with the Angels a week from Friday. Nick Gordon is also slated for a rehab at St. Paul.

Sounds like Alcala and Paddock will both be going to Wichita for rehab assignments - but that season ends next week.

Don't care what happens here, I don't understand Varland here. Game is still very winnable. Bring in Thielbar against the lefties to get out of the inning.

You ever notice how the better teams take a lot of pitches and know how to foul pitches off. Seems to be a skill we lack.

Don't care what happens here, I don't understand Varland here. Game is still very winnable. Bring in Thielbar against the lefties to get out of the inning.
The broadcast posited thst they want to give Varland’s experience coming into the middle of an inning, as he hasn’t done that before. Use him in different situations as a reliever, so he can develop confidence.

Additionally, they really only use Theilbar if they’re tied or ahead.

Top Bottom