All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

You ever notice how the better teams take a lot of pitches and know how to foul pitches off. Seems to be a skill we lack.
We’ve actually done very well in this area lately. Obviously tonight is a bit different but we’ve been scoring a lot more runs the past month or two largely because we’re having a lot of very good at-bats.

The broadcast posited thst they want to give Varland’s experience coming into the middle of an inning, as he hasn’t done that before. Use him in different situations as a reliever, so he can develop confidence.

Additionally, they really only use Theilbar if they’re tied or ahead.
You're last sentence is true. I don't personally believe that's always the best policy. Sometimes the biggest out in the game can be in the 5th inning.

We’ve actually done very well in this area lately. Obviously tonight is a bit different but we’ve been scoring a lot more runs the past month or two largely because we’re having a lot of very good at-bats.
You're probably correct. I don't get to watch all the games. I am tonight and a bit frustrated.

Royce come on

Or Solano - one more run.

Or MaxFactor!

And Correra!!

Last edited:

Bases loaded, 2 out, correa batting. What can be the automatic outcome?

Bullpen unusually great tonight. Duran overpowered them in 9th. Wish he would throw less splitters and more 103.

Guards lead the Giants 1-0 after 3 innings. let's go Giants - get that magic number down to single digits.

in AA tonight -
Paddack goes 4 IP, allows 2 ER on 4 H (1 HR) with 6 K.

Alcala tough outing - goes 2/3 IP with 2 ER on 2 H (1 HR)

Top Bottom