All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

saw an interview with Brock Stewart. He was reportedly hitting 99-mph in a live bullpen session and is hoping to go on a rehab assignment very soon. would be really nice to have him back in the mix for the end of the season.

Willie The Weapon leads our assault against the hapless club from Queens!
I am getting close to having to apologize to Willy if I offended him. I am not there yet, but I am taking his importance to the team back under advisement. I will report back to the board when a decision is made.

20 games left in regular season - Twins Magic Number at 13.

this is a different team than what we saw the first half of the season. guys coming through with big 2-out hits - hitting with the bases loaded - and lately, the bullpen has been solid.

but outside of the hard-core fans, most of the Twin Cities market won't even notice because the Purple NFL team is starting its season, and that's all than anyone is supposed to care about.........

20 games left in regular season - Twins Magic Number at 13.

this is a different team than what we saw the first half of the season. guys coming through with big 2-out hits - hitting with the bases loaded - and lately, the bullpen has been solid.

but outside of the hard-core fans, most of the Twin Cities market won't even notice because the Purple NFL team is starting its season, and that's all than anyone is supposed to care about.........
Mark me down as a hard-core fan then. Twins game, then Djokovic/Medvedev.

I am getting close to having to apologize to Willy if I offended him. I am not there yet, but I am taking his importance to the team back under advisement. I will report back to the board when a decision is made.
I have consulted telepathically with The Weapon and he is amenable to a heartfelt apology.

A lot has been said about the contributions of Twins in the 24 - 26 yr old age group this season, and those contributions have been considerable.

Easy though to forget about the contributions of vets who were added in the offseason and have played a very important role : Castro, Taylor, Solano, Farmer. Kudos to Falvey for these additions.

A lot has been said about the contributions of Twins in the 24 - 26 yr old age group this season, and those contributions have been considerable.

Easy though to forget about the contributions of vets who were added in the offseason and have played a very important role : Castro, Taylor, Solano, Farmer. Kudos to Falvey for these additions.
They hit on all of them basically

The Brewers have thrown a no-hitter through 9 innings but didn’t score themselves so off to extras.

I love Juliens eye, but come on kid you gotta swing the bat every once and a while. He’s taking way too many called strike 3’s and looks really passive at the plate.

It's looking good - but at the same time, I want to see the Twins put the hammer down and clinch this as soon as possible. I would much rather see them go into the post-season with some positive momentum.

The Twins have 75-68 (19 games left).

If they go 10-9 to finish 85-77, the Guardians have to go 17-1 in their last 18 games.

Solano and Castro have been great.

Have you started figuring out your playoff tickets 🎫 yet?

Have you started figuring out your playoff tickets 🎫 yet?

I believe have to buy tickets for all playoffs right thru the world series and then are reimbursed for games not used.
Wild card round is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. If night games, I might go to all three but guessing we'll get a day game or two so will have to see if I want to take vacation time. I suppose other issue is how fast they sell out once they go on sale.

I believe have to buy tickets for all playoffs right thru the world series and then are reimbursed for games not used.
Wild card round is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. If night games, I might go to all three but guessing we'll get a day game or two so will have to see if I want to take vacation time. I suppose other issue is how fast they sell out once they go on sale.
Yikes, they make you buy all the tickets - they’re so fan centric.

The start times could be weird; especially being in the central time zone.

Regardless, have a great time, we’re winning the first series!!

Thanks. Article in startrib identified Mariners as our best matchup. Partly due to their dearth of left-handed pitching. Had Rangers as second best matchup.

It's been that way for years. I bought the full strips in 2002 and trying to get the tickets to various friends/relatives for the games I couldn't go to was a PITA. Probably much easier without paper tickets, but I would still Stub Hub it 100% now.

Top Bottom