All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

If you are going to do that the game should be called off and a full refund should be sent to all the ticket holders.
If you are at this game as a fan, the game was over forever. I think the fans who stay are kind of digging the moon shots and hitting.

I think we do!

Good drafting especially for Walllner, Jeffers and Julien- Royce was an obvious.

Kiriloff is 26. Hopefully 22 yr old Lee joins them. Prato and Camargo are putting up really good numbers in St Paul as well. Miranda and Larnach still good prospects

Kiriloff is 26. Hopefully 22 yr old Lee joins them. Prato and Camargo are putting up really good numbers in St Paul as well. Miranda and Larnach still good prospects
Lee had another 4 hit game and Camargo came out of nowhere this year to become the top catching prospect we have now (per Gleeman) - he was a throw in from the dodgers in the Maedea trade. When you watch the Mets next weekend, he has similar size and skills to their rookie catcher Fransisco Alvarez - he’s got 21 dingers this year. He’s only 21 IIRC and is from Colombia.

The future looks bright to me

Last edited:

Joking on the radio about warning Fry to not pitch inside.

This is disgraceful. Baseball should be embarrassed that games are played like this. Of the 18 innings of baseball 5 of them were thrown by position players lobbing the ball towards the mound.

This is disgraceful. Baseball should be embarrassed that games are played like this. Of the 18 innings of baseball 5 of them were thrown by position players lobbing the ball towards the mound.
Yeah, I don’t know if there’s anything they can do about it in terms of rules but I’d certainly be open to something that would prevent this.
Honestly we all would have been better off had Cleveland been allowed to forfeit after the fifth.

David Fry, the catcher who threw 4 innings tonight for Cleveland gave up 10 hits, 1 walk, 3 homers and 7 earned runs.

Lucas Giolito, the starter, threw 3 innings, giving up 7 hits, 3 walks, 3 homers and 9 earned runs.

I am old enough to remember a Sept loss to Cleveland during a pennant race many yrs ago that sealed our fate. We were ahead by 10 runs in that game . . .
My mind went there too...here's the box score from that fateful night (not surprisingly, Ron Davis was attached to that debacle)

David Fry, the catcher who threw 4 innings tonight for Cleveland gave up 10 hits, 1 walk, 3 homers and 7 earned runs.

Lucas Giolito, the starter, threw 3 innings, giving up 7 hits, 3 walks, 3 homers and 9 earned runs.
More Fries 🍟 please 🙏

What do you do about it though? I get it from both sides. Francona obviously knew it was over, meaning they've pretty much got to win the next two to stay alive, so he wants all hands on deck. And it doesn't help the situation that it's a noon start on Wednesday.

I am excited about Royce Lewis. Twins need a superstar to ignite the interest of the fans. Hopefully Lewis is it.

The best Lewis moment, so far, is when he said an interview is was done listening to the hitting advice of his coaches. Not that I usually condone that, but with the Twins current hitting approach, I loved it.

What do you do about it though? I get it from both sides. Francona obviously knew it was over, meaning they've pretty much got to win the next two to stay alive, so he wants all hands on deck. And it doesn't help the situation that it's a noon start on Wednesday.
The limit should be one inning for a position player unless they started the game. Doing it in the 6th was ridiculous.

I'll say the same thing I said last week, take 2 of 3 in this series and the division is ours. I still feel good even if we lose the next 2, but a win gives us enough room to breathe IMO.

I'll say the same thing I said last week, take 2 of 3 in this series and the division is ours. I still feel good even if we lose the next 2, but a win gives us enough room to breathe IMO.
Exactly. Even with just a 4 game lead, we’d be sitting good. Cleveland has a tougher remaining schedule, with 10 games left with the Giants, Rangers and Orioles, teams that will still be eying the postseason. We have 3 with the Rays next week, otherwise on paper our schedule is softer. Still, a win today or tomorrow would be nice as it would largely put us out of Cleveland’s reach.

He has a 9 man bullpen. He could have sacrificed one of them to finish the game and been fine for the next two days.

There is already a run limit for using a position player (8 runs).

There should be a limit of which inning you can start using a position player. Maybe the 8th?

It's amazing how much better the line-up looks when black holes Vazquez and Gallo aren't stacked at the bottom of it. Gallo should be gone and Vazquez should start zero play-off games.

Top Bottom