All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Winder could have gone longer. Jax. Theilbar. Extras could suck.

Floro 8 pitches
Funderburk 9 pitches
Winder 6 pitches
Jax 7 pitches
Thielbar 6 pitches

They should all be available tomorrow.
Thanks.

Then I don’t have a problem with using that many to secure a comeback W; that’s not his normal M.O.

As my friend Bill says, “All’s well that ends well.”

it wasn't pretty, but the Twins have won the 1st two games of a road series at Texas.

26 games left and the Magic Number is at 22. series at Cleveland next week is somewhat important.....

So does Valrand come up to replace Keuchel as opposed to just being a bullpen arm. I just can’t see Keuchel helping down the stretch. Plus he’s gonna wear out the bullpen.
I don't mind Keuchel in a long relief role like what he did last Sunday, but he shouldn't start again. Ober should rejoin the rotation. Varland should be in the bullpen. Pagan is back into full pumpkin mode and should not be pitching in meaningful spots.

it wasn't pretty, but the Twins have won the 1st two games of a road series at Texas.

26 games left and the Magic Number is at 22. series at Cleveland next week is somewhat important.....
If we get swept, the race probably goes to the last weekend. If we win lose two of three, we’re still in good position. If we win two of three, we’re in great position. If we sweep, race over.

If we get swept, the race probably goes to the last weekend. If we win lose two of three, we’re still in good position. If we win two of three, we’re in great position. If we sweep, race over.
We’re good, as multiple recent comeback wins have shown a level of determination, which was absent last year; I’m putting this on the rookies’ energy. We also have more than any team on our division.

Last year we were last with only 19. This season we’re tied for 10th, with 33! The link below covers both last season and this season.

This is a story that I haven’t seen covered yet and is supported by data. To wit -

Having all those bullpen arms is a hell of a drug for Rocco. He’s got the drugs there might as well do them all and not waste any. It works so that’s great, but hopefully they can all pitch again tonight.

Also I can’t believe how pissed off the Texas fans must be with their collapse the last few weeks.

Top Bottom