All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Guardians about to win. Lead will be down to four games. Hands firmly around neck....

When is the last time Gallo got a hit? What possible excuse is there for him to remain on this roster aside from Derek Falvey's ego?
Gallo has guaranteed falvey he has copies of the pics of falvey wearing woman's lingerie

With all the complaining we do about our bullpen, imagine if you’re Texas.

getting the win in a game Scherzer started is a big plus. it would be nice if the Twins could find a way to get another win over Texas before the series with the Guardian Angels begins.

saw people asking about Stevenson - he's spent most of his career to date in the Nationals' minor-league system with spot duty in the majors. Twins picked him up this year and he's had a really nice year at St. Paul. So the call-up looks like a reward for a good season in AAA. Odds are that he won't stick around when Castro and Kirilloff are ready to return. But, with the news about Buxton, it's possible that Stevenson gets to stick around a little bit longer. good for him.

Looks like Ryan's struggles were 100% attributable to his hidden injury. I'd ask how the training/medical staff missed that, but with their track record, I already know the answer.

Looks like Ryan's struggles were 100% attributable to his hidden injury. I'd ask how the training/medical staff missed that, but with their track record, I already know the answer.
Didn't Ryan say he originally hid the ailment from the training staff or am I confusing him with another pitcher?

Didn't Ryan say he originally hid the ailment from the training staff or am I confusing him with another pitcher?
Yes. He had a groin injury he did not disclose. I don't understand how he was able to continue pitching without showing any signs that something was obviously bothering him. Or when his struggles started, how did the training staff not look at his movements/mannerisms and notice something was wrong.

Yes. He had a groin injury he did not disclose. I don't understand how he was able to continue pitching without showing any signs that something was obviously bothering him. Or when his struggles started, how did the training staff not look at his movements/mannerisms and notice something was wrong.
I agree...our training staff certainly hasn't instilled confidence.

Simple solution Corky - Twins need to hire a subject matter expert

So does Valrand come up to replace Keuchel as opposed to just being a bullpen arm. I just can’t see Keuchel helping down the stretch. Plus he’s gonna wear out the bullpen.
I would say yes; that’s exactly what was intimated by Dan Hayes when discussing bullpen options. The only thing putting Varland’s move to the pen on hold, was if the would need him as a starter for Keuckel or an injured starter. His arm is built up for a starter’s work load now and would be different as a reliever.

Dallas gave us a couple good outings - thanks bro!

Last edited:

Top Bottom