All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Any other seam heads out there try this? Warning it's quite addicting. I finally got a perfect board yesterday after a few weeks of failed efforts.

Twins alert on the Grid today!

Should know this afternoon if the Twins picked up anyone from the Angels

The guardians got them all. The twins didn’t need Giollito, but Moore and Lopez would have been nice. More Cole sands it is. But hey at least Duran is also struggling now too, so this bullpen has 0 “sure” things.

Cleveland is still +900 in division futures if anyone wants to profit off the inevitable.

AL central champion Guardians. #FireFalvey
It’s not the twins fault that the angles dumped everyone and the waiver wire works this way. My bigger issue with the front office is the unwillingness to bring in bullpen arms in the off season or at the trade deadline. Of course if you look at the arms traded at the deadline those guys have been terrible for their new teams. Oh and spending $11million on a left handed hitting corner outfielder in Joey Gallo when you had a plethora of them on your roster.

It does make me wonder what the record is if you just bring up Wallner and Julien at the first opportunity. But so it goes and they need to win some ball games with their veteran guys actually contributing. A nice 2 out 2 run double from Carlos would be nice as opposed to a GIDP.

An interesting article about Sept call-ups and the new 2022 CBA. They list Lee as one of the guys that could get a call up. I would say unlikely but who knows if there's a few injuries.

One of the other changes from previous years is that any service time, at-bats or innings pitched accrued in September do count toward rookie eligibility. In other words, there will be prospect graduations coming in the weeks ahead.
The most recent collective bargaining agreement signed by MLB and the MLBPA instituted a new policy starting in 2022 aimed at curbing service-time manipulation. A club that starts a top prospect on its Opening Day roster while he retains rookie status is eligible to receive an extra Draft pick if the player gets sufficient award consideration before he becomes arbitration-eligible.
It’s part of the reason why we saw big names like Julio Rodríguez, Bobby Witt Jr. and Spencer Torkelson make Major League rosters out of the gate back at the start of 2022, and with Rodríguez’s Rookie of the Year win giving the Mariners an extra pick in this year’s Draft, there’s already been a strong early return to encourage other teams to follow suit.
Well if clubs are considering starting their top prospects out of the gate next year, they might be more likely to give them their debuts now, in order to experience the Majors for the first time and make whatever adjustments necessary in the offseason to hit the ground running in late March.

It’s not the twins fault that the angles dumped everyone and the waiver wire works this way. My bigger issue with the front office is the unwillingness to bring in bullpen arms in the off season or at the trade deadline. Of course if you look at the arms traded at the deadline those guys have been terrible for their new teams. Oh and spending $11million on a left handed hitting corner outfielder in Joey Gallo when you had a plethora of them on your roster.

It does make me wonder what the record is if you just bring up Wallner and Julien at the first opportunity. But so it goes and they need to win some ball games with their veteran guys actually contributing. A nice 2 out 2 run double from Carlos would be nice as opposed to a GIDP.
This isn't. But if the Twins fail to win the division, Falvey should be gone.

This has to be the most Captain Obvious tweet of all time - Seth can count 👏🤣

Fun that some posters who rarely/ever post during the good times are in full force to stir the 💩.

Go Huskers - 🤫
Don’t worry I won’t let the football board know😉

Last edited:

Seth said they would have moved on from Gallo if they picked someone up off waivers……. Ok?!?!!

Seth said they would have moved on from Gallo if they picked someone up off waivers……. Ok?!?!!
He still might go as they will need room for Castro, Kirilloff, and Buxton. Unless they get rid of Luplow. Plus the roster will need some 40 man adjustments with guys coming off the 60 day IL.

Wonder if Cleveland picks up those players if we win on Wednesday. That was a big game.

Barring a sweep by Cleveland next week, we’re still in good position. Five of Cleveland’s other remaining eight series are with playoff contenders, including four games against the Orioles. The Twins just have three such series besides the Cleveland series. But yeah, hanging onto Wednesday’s game would have been really nice. Our five game lead is really just 4.5, with Cleveland owning the tie-breaker advantage.

Last edited:

Do the twins really need another left handed hitting outfielder? Only if Galo is gone. Stephenson also has no options left so if he has to move when people get healthy he was to clear waivers, which won’t happen.

Barring a sweep by Cleveland next week, we’re still in good position. Five of Cleveland’s other remaining eight series are with playoff contenders, including four games against the Orioles. The Twins just have three such series besides the Cleveland series. But yeah, hanging onto Wednesday’s game would have been really nice. Our five game lead is really just 4.5, with Cleveland owning the tie-breaker advantage.
Never underestimate the twins ability to play down to their competition. This is especially true with the offense.

Do the twins really need another left handed hitting outfielder? Only if Galo is gone. Stephenson also has no options left so if he has to move when people get healthy he was to clear waivers, which won’t happen.
There has to be a corresponding move to come.

There has to be a corresponding move to come.
Not yet but soon. Miranda was moved to the 60 day today to make room for Stephenson on the 40 man. The roster crunch hopefully is coming where they need room for Buxton, Kirilloff, and Castro (I still don’t like him), and hopefully Stewart. If all 4 of those guys come back the roster will need a serious overhaul meaning Gallo, Luplow, and maybe Solano go. Sands or winder will go to make room for Stewart or they simply send back headrick who they called up today.

Not yet but soon. Miranda was moved to the 60 day today to make room for Stephenson on the 40 man. The roster crunch hopefully is coming where they need room for Buxton, Kirilloff, and Castro (I still don’t like him), and hopefully Stewart. If all 4 of those guys come back the roster will need a serious overhaul meaning Gallo, Luplow, and maybe Solano go. Sands or winder will go to make room for Stewart or they simply send back headrick who they called up today.

Or they will find another phantom injury. Michael A Taylor could use a break if they want to look at Stephenson. I would be really surprised if Solano isn't on the playoff roster.

Solano should stay as he’s earned it and seemingly takes good ABs a plurality of the time.

Also Winder with back-to-back effective multiple inning outing is a keep for me - Hedrick is redundant especially with the Funkmaster steady balling

Never underestimate the twins ability to play down to their competition. This is especially true with the offense.
No argument there. But Cleveland is still Cleveland. Yes, they added pitching, but that hasn’t been their real issue. They didn’t do anything to address their tepid offense.

No argument there. But Cleveland is still Cleveland. Yes, they added pitching, but that hasn’t been their real issue. They didn’t do anything to address their tepid offense.
I’m shocked they didn’t claim Renfro

Top Bottom