All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Hunter Greene, who many thought the Twins should have taken #1 over Lewis, has allowed 13 ER in 6.2 IP since coming off the IL. Has a 5.06 ERA overall.

Christian Encarnacion-Strand hitting .235 with 4 HR and .660 OPS so far since being called up.

Spencer Steer continues to have a good year. .268 with 18 HR, 71 RBI and .807 OPS.

Chase Petty’s been at High-A all year and has a 1.95 ERA in 16 starts.

Luis Arraez is hitting .227 in August. Overall at .350. One thing I noticed is he is walking at a much lower rate than he normally does. I still think the trade was the right move for the Twins.

Cleveland has to win 4 out of 5 against us in the next week. We are in a good spot.

The Twins also evened the season series with the Guards at 4 apiece, 5 games remaining.

That impacts the Magic Number as there are no longer any Game 163 tie breakers. Instead if they finish with the same regular season record it is decided by whichever team had the better head-to-head record.

Also already lost the season series to the Tigers should they surpass Cleveland.
Good to know. For some reason I was not aware of this rule. I do like it. Makes it all more important to win your games during the season as opposed to a one game series.

Anyone else starting to think about that #2 spot in the AL...?

Anyone else starting to think about that #2 spot in the AL...?
It did cross my mind briefly after the game on Friday as the Twins were gaining on the Rangers.

As it is now though the Twins trail the Mariners by 7 in the loss column, plus already lost the tiebreaker. 6 behind the Rangers with 3 to play and 5 behind the Astros (but do have the head to head advantage).

With 30 games to go, it's a tall order.

What a dumpster fire of a franchise. They had maybe the greatest baseball player ever and then Mike Trout and could do nothing with it.
I would also be ok with the twins putting in a waiver claim on any of these players especially Lopez and Renfroe. I now it would cost cole sands his job, but Lopez would be a good addition to the pen

I would also be ok with the twins putting in a waiver claim on any of these players especially Lopez and Renfroe. I now it would cost cole sands his job, but Lopez would be a good addition to the pen
I assume if any team with a worse record than the Twins gets priority to claim them or are they truly Free Agents?

Also, are they eligible for the Postseason?

I assume if any team with a worse record than the Twins gets priority to claim them or are they truly Free Agents?

Also, are they eligible for the Postseason?
Worse record has priority. And I believe they are eligible for the postseason.

Top Bottom