All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

This is the kind of game that scares me. Twins are scoring but off of the righty that started. Cleveland has gone to a lefty who I assume could pitch 5 innings tonight. Twins need to either get the offense going against Norris or I am scared they will lose.

This is the kind of game that scares me. Twins are scoring but off of the righty that started. Cleveland has gone to a lefty who I assume could pitch 5 innings tonight. Twins need to either get the offense going against Norris or I am scared they will lose.
Upper Tank baby

He won’t be going five.

Funderburk played college ball at Dallas Baptist. Had a 6.84 ERA his senior year. He was a much better hitter than pitcher in college. But here he is as a Major League pitcher. Amazing.

Good summary here:

Dan cole broke down the twins today - he sounded like he had the answers.

Twins Magic Number 24.
The Twins also evened the season series with the Guards at 4 apiece, 5 games remaining.

That impacts the Magic Number as there are no longer any Game 163 tie breakers. Instead if they finish with the same regular season record it is decided by whichever team had the better head-to-head record.

Also already lost the season series to the Tigers should they surpass Cleveland.

Minnesota Twins with last name Funderburk, ranked:
1. Kody
2. Mark

Amazingly, there have only been two MLB players with the last name Funderburk and both have played exclusively with the Twins (granted, Kody's career is in its infancy).

I recall reading the Strib when I was 8 or 9 years old, probably a spring training write-up, with hopes that Funderburk would provide a big bat along with the other youths coming up at the time (Hrbek, Gaetti, Bruno). Alas, it wasn't meant to be as "Thunderburk" ended his career with a -0.4 WAR. Great name though-almost right there with Bombo Rivera.

If the Twins take 2 of 3 here, i.e. win one of the next two, I think we can pretty much call the race over.

Three fans at Coors field ran onto the field to get a “selfie” and meet him (per Acuna after the game). Here is a clip, sorry for the AI voice in it, but this is the best view I could find -

Last edited:

Top Bottom