All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Our bullpen is a mess. They can’t hit the strike zone. Too much nibbling.
On this episode of the bullpen bursts -

Help on the Horizon?🤔

Stewart?
Alcala?
Paddock?
Varland?
Maedea?

I have provided the first half of the article, in the latter half he discusses the obstacles to doing so for each. Stewart is ideal, but is it realistic? Paddock is throwing 95 at the Year round complex, Alcala has never impressed me when healthy and I think Maedea might be the best option as long as the other four starters hold form barring Brock, as he’s done it before and been effective and his stuff provides a different look than the others.

From our friend Dan Hayes of The Athletic -

day after he threw 15 pitches during a bullpen session, Brock Stewartexpressed optimism Saturday about his third ramp-up. On the injured list since June 26 with right elbow soreness, Stewart thinks he and the Minnesota Twins training staff are finally on track.

Yet at this point, even as Stewart is hopeful about returning in mid-September, there’s no certainty he will pitch again this season.

But after the bullpen struggled again Saturday night in a 6-2 loss to the Texas Rangers at Target Field, the return of Stewart — or the addition of another relief option — is imperative as the Twins gear up for a potential postseason appearance.

Adding Stewart, who earlier this season established himself as a late-inning option when he struck out 35 batters with a 0.70 ERA in 25 2/3 innings, would be significant.

Rather than address the issue at the trade deadline, the Twins gambled, opting to wait for an internal boost for the bullpen. Among their hopeful candidates are Stewart, Chris Paddack and Jorge Alcalá (the latter two are ramping up after injuries), or converted starters Louie Varland or Kenta Maeda.

“Just adding a fresh guy that is going to have poise and kind of been there and done that, it takes stress off of some guys,” Pagán said. “Nobody wants to go into the playoffs completely gassed. Everybody’s going to be tired and adrenaline will take over. But if you can try and go in as fresh as you can, obviously that’s definitely a bonus.”

Last edited:

the Milwaukee pitcher has very pronounced reverse splits. he actually performs better against left-handers than right-handers. that's why the lineup looked backwards.
This is the frustrations thing. Montgomery today does too yet we aren’t playing it that way.

I’m feeling it in the bottom of the 10th 11th 12th 13th (For Pete’s Sake, I’m getting tired of being wrong , now I know what it’s like to be the rest of you🤣🤣🤣) -

Last edited:

And the Carlos Correa DP grounder is a certainty. 26 GIDP has got to be approaching some sort of record.

Now Solano runs into an out at third base. Does this team coach base running at all.
That was worse then the Gallo bleep up. The worst part was he just accepted the out and didn't try to get into a run down to allow Polanco to get to 2nd. If Polanco’s on 2nd he might have scored on the Kepler single.

The guys that have messed up the most are Gallo, Solano, and Correa. The veterans have failed today.

Oh good. Guys are just swinging away at everything. Jeffers.....what the hell was that?

Top Bottom