All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

impressive comeback!

Happy Winder (thanks Josh!) had a good outing and hopefully he can be an asset moving forward for the pen!!

Seattle playing really well. If M's take the West it means we likely get Texas, Houston, or Toronto in wild card round.

Seattle playing really well. If M's take the West it means we likely get Texas, Houston, or Toronto in wild card round.

Well we're 4-2 vs Houston, 1-0 vs Texas, and 3-3 vs Toronto so bring it

Twins and Guardians both have 34 games left. If the Twins go 17-17 the rest of the way Cleveland would have to go 23-11 to tie.

and I believe that puts the Twins' magic number at 29 over the Guardians.

if the Twins go 17-17 the rest of the way, Guardians would have to go 23-11 to win the division.

Ryan coming back, Kirilloff getting closer, and Castro almost ready for a rehab assignment. If they can get Stewart back before the end of the season, (knock on wood) the Twins could be pretty healthy for the stretch run.

I did not realize they’re only a game back of Texas now.
Epic effort has propelled them. The Ms are the last team I want to face in round 1 because this guy can do this (literally take over a series)-

Seattle Mariners' Julio Rodriguez Just Wrapped Up a Five-Game Stretch Not Done For 100 Years​

Seattle Mariners star Julio Rodriguez just completed a five-game stretch that saw him amass 18 hits. The Mariners also won all five games.

(Do not click on the link to read the whole article if you are a young child or squeamish, as it may give you nightmares 👻)

I was at the game tonight,
Glad you got to see a great 👍 game
every move the spreadsheet told Rocco to make worked like a charm.
Jeffers, per the stats flashed during his postgame chat, is now 8-14 (.571) as a PH in his career with two dingers.

He’s my favorite story of the season, S after last season I thought he was just going to be a career backup and he found something in himself and is now an offensive weapon to be feared👻.

His 🦇 flip was awesome.

And as a friendly reminder, he was hitting for Julien, one of our best 🦇 and not Vasquez; not a move everyone makes😉.
Wow, the Lewis HR got out fast. Laser.
Would have loved to see him play another sport in HS - such a gifted athlete.
I love 6:10 start times.
Me too brother, I can watch the whole smear and still hit the rack by 10:30 - that’s a late night for me at this juncture.

Last edited:

I was at the game tonight, every move the spreadsheet told Rocco to make worked like a charm.

Wow, the Lewis HR got out fast. Laser.

I love 6:10 start times.
I have two young kids so I hate it. Game yesterday was 2/3 over by the time bedtimes were done and I had a chance to turn the game on.

He seems to be a lock to take over for Bremer whenever he retires.
I really like Provus and would welcome his move to the TV side, but it would also be a bummer to lose the chemistry he and Gladden have on the radio/streaming booth.

I have two young kids so I hate it. Game yesterday was 2/3 over by the time bedtimes were done and I had a chance to turn the game on.
Just personal observation, 6:10 pm starts will remain a rarity, as it was a rather late arriving crowd. It was moved up for a Carly Pearce postgame concert. I am sure she is wonderful, but we did not stick around. Eventually it got to more than half full but at first pitch probably less than a quarter.

It was great though for my work schedule as well as short lines at the gate & Town Ball Tavern. Because of the concert, they also actually kept selling beer through the 9th inning, though I just stuck with a 2 drink limit.

Early finish, got to make a DQ pit stop on the way home.

Glad you got to see a great 👍 game

Jeffers, per the stats flashed during his postgame chat, is now 8-14 (.571) as a PH in his career with two dingers.

He’s my favorite story of the season, S after last season I thought he was just going to be a career backup and he found something in himself and is now an offensive weapon to be feared👻.

His 🦇 flip was awesome.

And as a friendly reminder, he was hitting for Julien, one of our best 🦇 and not Vasquez; not a move everyone makes😉.

Would have loved to see him play another sport in HS - such a gifted athlete.

Me too brother, I can watch the whole smear and still hit the rack by 10:30 - that’s a late night for me at this juncture.
Upon reflection, there was one move that didn't work in the bottom of the 2nd. With 2 strikes on Kepler they sent Lewis, for what was a strike out/throw 'em out double play.

Farmer hit a HR the next AB.

Upon reflection, there was one move that didn't work in the bottom of the 2nd. With 2 strikes on Kepler they sent Lewis, for what was a strike out/throw 'em out double play.

Farmer hit a HR the next AB.
Correct, but no one bats 1000 or even .400, Louis😉.

I really like Provus and would welcome his move to the TV side, but it would also be a bummer to lose the chemistry he and Gladden have on the radio/streaming booth.

Just personal observation, 6:10 pm starts will remain a rarity, as it was a rather late arriving crowd. It was moved up for a Carly Pearce postgame concert. I am sure she is wonderful, but we did not stick around. Eventually it got to more than half full but at first pitch probably less than a quarter.

It was great though for my work schedule as well as short lines at the gate & Town Ball Tavern. Because of the concert, they also actually kept selling beer through the 9th inning, though I just stuck with a 2 drink limit.

Early finish, got to make a DQ pit stop on the way home.
Even with the 6:40 starts, I end up missing a lot since games go so fast now. I'm happy with the change in game length, but selfishly kinda wish they'd go back to 7:10 starts. I know I'm probably in the minority there though.

Is anyone going to Saturday’s tilt to watch Mad Max wheel and deal?

Per the MLB App we’re starting TBD - can’t find any stats on them🤔.

Even with the 6:40 starts, I end up missing a lot since games go so fast now. I'm happy with the change in game length, but selfishly kinda wish they'd go back to 7:10 starts. I know I'm probably in the minority there though.
I wonder if they will consider going back to 7:10 since the game times are so much shorter. If they end up doing their own TV distribution/ad sales I think it's possible.

Is anyone going to Saturday’s tilt to watch Mad Max wheel and deal?

Per the MLB App we’re starting TBD - can’t find any stats on them🤔.
It's either Joe Ryan or Keuchel. Hopefully Ryan or we're basically conceding. Keuchel against this Texas line-up ...yikes.

Any other seam heads out there try this? Warning it's quite addicting. I finally got a perfect board yesterday after a few weeks of failed efforts.

Brain fart. For the Braves/Nationals-Expos cube I mixed up my former bearded Twins WS winning relievers. Bedrosian. Oops.

Reardon works.

Top Bottom