All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Watching the Guards and Tiggers as an app for the epic Bucs and Twins tilt and what do I spy 🕵️‍♂️ - another Naylor playinflg for Cleveland -

Meet Josh Naylor's brothers: Bo, Myles up next in Guardians star's baseball family tree​

Myles Naylor has an opportunity to carry on an impressive family legacy begun by his older brothers.

Naylor on Sunday became the third Naylor brother taken in the MLB Draft, selected 39th overall by the Athletics. The storybook selection would have been Cleveland, where brothers Josh and Bo Naylor are teammates with the Guardians.

It seems a certainty that Myles will eventually join his brothers in the big leagues. But his draft position could determine whether, unlike them, he goes the college route first.

The Sporting News looks at the Naylor brothers' baseball careers and how Josh and Bo arrived at the Guardians:

Two Naylor brothers play in MLB at the moment, both for the Guardians: oldest brother Josh is Cleveland's primary first baseman and middle brother Bo is its No. 1 catcher at the moment.

Josh Naylor was selected 12th overall in the 2015 MLB Draft by the Marlins and made his major-league debut in 2019 with the Padres after a 2016 trade. He was traded to the Guardians after the 2020 season. Bo Naylor was taken 29th overall in the 2018 draft by Cleveland and made his MLB debut in 2022.

The Naylors matched MLB history with Myles' selection on the first night of the 2023 draft. They are the second trio of brothers to all be selected in the first round.

Tim, J.D. and Stephen Drew were the first. J.D. and Tim went second and 28th overall, respectively, in the 1997 MLB Draft, and youngest brother Stephen went 15th overall in 2004.

NaylorYear (selection)Team
Josh2015 (12th)Marlins
Bo2018 (29th)Cleveland
Myles2023 (39th)Athletics

Josh and Bo Naylor MLB stats​

Josh and Bo Naylor made their MLB debuts in 2019 and 2022, respectively

Watching the Guards and Tiggers as an app for the epic Bucs and Twins tilt and what do I spy 🕵️‍♂️ - another Naylor playinflg for Cleveland -

Meet Josh Naylor's brothers: Bo, Myles up next in Guardians star's baseball family tree​

Myles Naylor has an opportunity to carry on an impressive family legacy begun by his older brothers.

Naylor on Sunday became the third Naylor brother taken in the MLB Draft, selected 39th overall by the Athletics. The storybook selection would have been Cleveland, where brothers Josh and Bo Naylor are teammates with the Guardians.

It seems a certainty that Myles will eventually join his brothers in the big leagues. But his draft position could determine whether, unlike them, he goes the college route first.

The Sporting News looks at the Naylor brothers' baseball careers and how Josh and Bo arrived at the Guardians:

Two Naylor brothers play in MLB at the moment, both for the Guardians: oldest brother Josh is Cleveland's primary first baseman and middle brother Bo is its No. 1 catcher at the moment.

Josh Naylor was selected 12th overall in the 2015 MLB Draft by the Marlins and made his major-league debut in 2019 with the Padres after a 2016 trade. He was traded to the Guardians after the 2020 season. Bo Naylor was taken 29th overall in the 2018 draft by Cleveland and made his MLB debut in 2022.

The Naylors matched MLB history with Myles' selection on the first night of the 2023 draft. They are the second trio of brothers to all be selected in the first round.

Tim, J.D. and Stephen Drew were the first. J.D. and Tim went second and 28th overall, respectively, in the 1997 MLB Draft, and youngest brother Stephen went 15th overall in 2004.

NaylorYear (selection)Team
Josh2015 (12th)Marlins
Bo2018 (29th)Cleveland
Myles2023 (39th)Athletics

Josh and Bo Naylor MLB stats​

Josh and Bo Naylor made their MLB debuts in 2019 and 2022, respectively
Det winning 3-1 in the 4th; love Tiggers core of Greene, Carpenter, Vierling, Torkelson and Badoo - they will finish ahead of the Guards, next year if they don’t this season- that’s a great core and I have no idea what they have in their farm - better than Guards young core and comparable to ours.

Det winning 3-1 in the 4th; love Tiggers core of Greene, Carpenter, Vierling, Torkelson and Badoo - they will finish ahead of the Guards, next year if they don’t this season- that’s a great core and I have no idea what they have in their farm - better than Guards young core and comparable to ours.
Tiggers win the opener of a double dip 4-2; they have now won 5-7 from the Guards - if we were playing under the old division heavy format, they might be leading the Central - this kitty 🐱 got claws!

Austin Martin has been mashing for St Paul in August. Hit a HR tonight. Could see him getting a Sept call up.

The Twins are playing the Pirates in Minneapolis.

The Saints are playing the Pirates AAA team (Indianapolis) in St. Paul.

A rare time when both teams can use the Green Line shuttle.

from beat writer Do-Hyoung Park (mlb.com) -

Initial imaging did not appear to show a fracture for Matt Wallner, Rocco said.

quote from Rocco: "His bones are like made of cement. I don't know how his hand isn't broken."

official report from the Twins - "right hand contusion." so a bruised hand.

as far as the game - good to see Jax come back with a better outing.

Twins lead division by 5 games.
39 games left
magic number #35.

Pablo game 1 starter 🙂.

Reds beat Jays 1 - 0. Encarnacio-Strand homer 🙄.

Last edited:

Sonny with only 47 pitches through 5 innings- maybe he’s next for a complete game

I don’t love Polanco playing third. I don’t love that Julien is only a 2nd basemen or he’s not in the line-up. This needs to be sorted out in the next 39 games.

I have never seen a runner do that going into 2nd base. He just kind of stopped and out his head down impacting the third to first. Julien of course should have come across the bag but he’s got no feel for 2nd.

I have never seen a runner do that going into 2nd base. He just kind of stopped and out his head down impacting the third to first. Julien of course should have come across the bag but he’s got no feel for 2nd.
And that’s his best position 🤣

I had given up on Austin Martin. SSS, but since coming back from his injuy has posted a .836 ops at St Paul. Still hope for him perchance?

I missed this today.

“His legs are probably going to be in the best possible position for him to be able to play in the outfield after this period of time,” Baldelli said. “If it’s going to happen this season, it’s going to be after recovering and building himself up. This is going to be his best opportunity.” This is from Rocco in an athletic piece.

How can a player who played for roughy 2/3rds of the game and has been on the IL for two weeks be more prepared and rested to play center field then after spring training.

Just admit your plan to keep him healthy as a DH worked but he was shitty, so now he has to play center field or he basically has not spot left on the team.

Now have we seen enough of Balazovic.

The twins willingness to not use their “hood” relievers when they are down no matter what is something else. Of course it can be difficult to use “good” relievers when you only have two “good” relievers. Of course there is time to fix it at the trade deadline. Oh, wait.

Top Bottom