All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

After dominating game 1 the Twins curl up in the fetal position and lose the next 3 to the Tigers. With that I’m not surprised. They are average and nothing more
This is the least excited I've ever been as a twins fan to be in first place in August.

We all know this is completely fraudulent.

After dominating game 1 the Twins curl up in the fetal position and lose the next 3 to the Tigers. With that I’m not surprised. They are average and nothing more

Does seem to be true. Hope is now that we can slip into the playoffs and then get hot. We will no doubt be underdogs the first series, but all three games are at home so should have a chance. Really hard to see us advancing beyond that.

Would be really bad if we somehow managed to not make the playoffs at this point.

Last edited:

And like 75 home runs. That's on pace to hit 45 HR in an average year of 600 PA. He's truly an all or nothing player. He only has 98 doubles in 3100 career PA. That's insane for a power hitter.

He's probably out of the league a few years ago if it weren't for him walking a lot.
The guy has 3 sacrifice flies in his entire career. THREE!

Here's what gets me.

The Twins have been inconsistent all year. at this point, they are what they are - an inconsistent team.

and yet, after every game, the bloggers/podcasters and even some members of the regular media express anger or confusion over the team's inconsistent play.

they are what they are. I don't know why this is so surprising for people. there is no reason to believe or expect that the Twins are going to suddenly transform into a different team.

complaining that the Twins are inconsistent is like complaining that your drunken uncle makes a scene at every family reunion. why should you expect anything different?

now, to be sure, the Twins' organization has the ability to change the situation by making significant changes in personnel, and/or changes in organizational philosophy - but that takes time and the willingness to change.

but for right here and right now, the Twins are what they are.

Gallo's continued presence on the team is a bad joke. They should get Lewis back up by Tuesday at the latest and he should be the first to go.

And Rocco needs to stop with the every other day catching. Vasquez should catch twice a week. Jeffers the rest. It's only one game difference per week but it adds up.

Here's what gets me.

The Twins have been inconsistent all year. at this point, they are what they are - an inconsistent team.

and yet, after every game, the bloggers/podcasters and even some members of the regular media express anger or confusion over the team's inconsistent play.

they are what they are. I don't know why this is so surprising for people. there is no reason to believe or expect that the Twins are going to suddenly transform into a different team.

complaining that the Twins are inconsistent is like complaining that your drunken uncle makes a scene at every family reunion. why should you expect anything different?

now, to be sure, the Twins' organization has the ability to change the situation by making significant changes in personnel, and/or changes in organizational philosophy - but that takes time and the willingness to change.

but for right here and right now, the Twins are what they are.
It's just really hard to understand how they can be so inconsistent as a team. Players generally go through hot and cold streaks individually but this team seems to be like when women live together and their menstrual cycles sync.

Also the Twins Top 30.

Pitcher Cory Lewis is an intriguing pitcher that's had a very good year in A-ball. What's really interesting is he likes to mix in a knuckleball with his low 90's fastball, curveball and changeup.

Watching the Phil’s telecast tonight and John Kruk who does their color quipped it’s amazing that you can strike out that many times and not have your whole team on the IR - don’t forget to tip your bar staff.

The Max Facutor / would love if he ends up being our team MVP and clubs 25+ this year

Alumni weekend in Philly (76-79) and Kitty is in their booth now and he seems more cognizant than Kruk.

Last edited:

Great effort, Dallas. Take your smelly beard back to the minors. Thought he might have a couple more good starts in him before the league caught up. Nope.

Gee, who could have seen this coming. He’s not going to be better than a guy like Varland so why not go with a guy that could help the team in the future.

Phillies were making LOUD contact off Keuchel.

Great effort, Dallas. Take your smelly beard back to the minors. Thought he might have a couple more good starts in him before the league caught up. Nope.
looked like batting practice......just rockets flying everywhere!

Solano got hurt 4 days ago and has yet to play since then. Why the twins are always willing to play shorthand bothers me. Just put the guy in the DL and bring someone up.

And like 75 home runs. That's on pace to hit 45 HR in an average year of 600 PA. He's truly an all or nothing player. He only has 98 doubles in 3100 career PA. That's insane for a power hitter.

He's probably out of the league a few years ago if it weren't for him walking a lot.
I bet next year the best he can do is a spring training invite.

We will look back in amazement as the twins played him in 130 games and 400 plate appearances and the rest of the league views him as not worthy of a roster spot.

Here hoping the Twins missed the playoffs. Do not want to make it and get swept out of the 1st round.

You don’t want to see them go from 0-18 to 0-21 in their last playoff games?

Fatalist.

The Twins are unlikely to finish Top 2 in the AL, thus odds are they would have to play a Wild Card team in a Best of 3. Worst the streak could get to is most likely 0-20.

Top Bottom