All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

That's the biggest issue with Kirilloff being injured, again. Who else is going to play 1B? Solano has been horrible lately too.

So many want to play the youth more, but the youth doesn't stay healthy. Kirilloff, Lewis, Miranda, Larnach, these guys make it about a month before it's back to the IL. Trade them all for solid vets who actually play the majority of the season at this point.
It doesn't sound like Kiriloff is out long. They could acquire a RH bat who can play 1st. If not, call up Chris Williams or use a combination of Solano, Farmer or perhaps Polanco can handle it (after Lewis returns.) It's 1st base. We stuck Arraez there last year and it was fine. There is no excuse for continuing the Joey Gallo experiment other than front office hubris.

MLB Network just spent time on this - I’d ❤️Hernandez’s swag in the clubhouse; maybe they can clone some for our struggling vets.

They also brought up a new model where contending teams can but and sell simultaneously to creatively address needs and that’s it’s an either/or deal you’re either a seller or a buyer- it can be “and/both” instead.
Hernandez leads the AL in strikeouts. He'll fit right in.

They also think it’s possible Cease will be moved and a front runner then would be the LA Fluffers @tikited. Better fit then Verlander, as he has 2 years under team control, will be cheaper as he’s under performed this year after being the Cy runner up last year and Verlander has a player option for $35M for 2025 if he chucks 140 innings this year😱 ( which he should easily make this year - unless he gets hurt this year).
Yes to Cease!

Hernandez leads the AL in strikeouts. He'll fit right in.
I’d love Lane Thomas from the Nats, who is apparently available and is the top ten in several offensive categories, but he’d require a lot back and don’t think they’d be willing to be that aggressive - Shannon Stewart ain’t walking into the clubhouse this year.

It doesn't sound like Kiriloff is out long. They could acquire a RH bat who can play 1st. If not, call up Chris Williams or use a combination of Solano, Farmer or perhaps Polanco can handle it (after Lewis returns.) It's 1st base. We stuck Arraez there last year and it was fine. There is no excuse for continuing the Joey Gallo experiment other than front office hubris.
IMO Gallo doesn’t have any trade value, do you think he does?

Where do you play Williams at?

Last edited:

Yes to Cease!
Eduardo Rodriguez (Tigers) just invoked his no trade contract to the Dodgers (they were one of his teams on his limited no trade list, one of ten teams).

Last edited:

MLB Network just showed the following -
573 prospects were traded from 2013-2022.

Only 3% became impact players (possibly Ryan, AK, Lewis- more data/seasons required to see if they’re in this group or the one below IMO)
Only 11% became MLB starters ( Jeffers level)
29% never played in MLB.

As the resident GM Dan O’Dowd said Rocs GM fir 17 years), some prospects are you guys for your team and done are to trade to get other players.

Whities just traded Burger who has 17 dongs and five more years of control to the Marlins and they’ll play him at third, where they only have 3 homers the whole dead

Sounds like a "just DO something!" trade.

Burger has 29 HRs and is making all of $720,000. Traded for LHP prospect Jake Eder. A guy who is 24, debuted in AA Ball then got hurt and had Tommy John surgery. At least he's looked good at AAA this season.

For all of 3 games.

Speaking of baseballs and kids, I was HS age and at Shea Stadium in 1986. I got there early and hung out down the right field line on the rail as the Mets were taking BP and warming up.

Tons of kids yelling at players for baseballs. Strawberry spots a much younger kid to my right as he was walking back to the dugout. He tossed one in our direction and just before it gets to the youngster I reached out and snatched it. Darryl gave me a laser like stare...so I did the natural thing. Hauled butt back to my seats with ball in hand.

I was still a minor. No guilt.
Speaking of Darryl Strawberry...he is set to have his jersey retired by of all teams the St Paul Saints on Aug 12. I did not realize the tear he went on during his short stay, though it was A (Independent) ball.

I am not sure I should attend, given our "history" (above).

Sounds like a "just DO something!" trade.

Burger has 29 HRs and is making all of $720,000. Traded for LHP prospect Jake Eder. A guy who is 24, debuted in AA Ball then got hurt and had Tommy John surgery. At least he's looked good at AAA this season.

For all of 3 games.
One guy on MLB said he thinks that he’s the most talented pitcher he’s seen at AAA FWIW and was a former first round pick IIRC.

Thanks for correcting me on Burger’s HRs, I’m fading on information overload and amazing smoked Hungarian sausage.

Eder for 🍔
Yummy?

Last edited:

Speaking of Darryl Strawberry...he is set to have his jersey retired by of all teams the St Paul Saints on Aug 12. I did not realize the tear he went on during his short stay, though it was A (Independent) ball.

I am not sure I should attend, given our "history" (above).

Revenge 🤬😡😖
🤣

Yankees are the only team to not make a trade since July 1.

They also haven’t had a losing season in there decades - yes, please.

Yankees just got Kenyan Middleton from the White Sox. Chicago also "acquired RHP Luis Patino from the Rays for cash considerations"

Looks like the Sox have went all in on having a Spanish speaking squad.;)

Top Bottom