All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

He was out by a mile.

Our only hope was a stupid rule that was subjectively called against us. Not even Buxton beats that throw. THat was an awful send.

Meanwhile we are serving up bombs to KC. Allowing bunts. Beaning guys. Losing balls in the sun.

THis team is a joke. If someone had no idea they would think we are the Royals.
Chances of scoring are still greater than the bottom of the order driving him in with 2 outs. Historically, the chances of a player scoring when on 3rd with 2 outs is less than 30%. There’s a greater than 30% chance Kepler scores there. If that was the first out it would be different of course.

Chances of scoring are still greater than the bottom of the order driving him in with 2 outs. Historically, the chances of a player scoring when on 3rd with 2 outs is less than 30%. There’s a greater than 30% chance Kepler scores there. If that was the first out it would be different of course.

There isnt great than 30% when you consider the arm throwing which is well known to be a great arm.

The only argument is that it was Vazquez up. But also you have to consider the pitcher. Lyles fucking blows. Dont run into outs against this guy.

Seriously, at this point we are just paying Correa to play defenes.

Now 0/3 against Jordan Lyles. Castro lead off walk and Correa with a weak routine pop up to follow.

Dude just doesnt fucking have it. His OPS is about to dip sub .700. Thats so goddamn bad.

Rocco show a fucking pulse and hold Correa pile of shit ass accountable

He fucking pathetic. Bases loaded 1 out and now he hits into a DP down 1 with Julien on deck. Even his patented strike out would have been better

THis guy doesnt fuck care. Sit his ass.

Those gutless Twins have come back from a 6-0 deficit to cut the lead to 1. With Buxton doubling in Kepler and Kirilloff. Then in the 6th Kepler hit his 15th HR and Vaquez singling in Buton and Wallner.

Those gutless Twins have come back from a 6-0 deficit to cut the lead to 1. With Buxton doubling in Kepler and Kirilloff. Then in the 6th Kepler hit his 15th HR and Vaquez singling in Buton and Wallner.

No, they are down by 2.

Their gutless FA signing is now 0/4 with 2ks and a DP with bases loaded against a guy with a 11.45 ERA,

They then proceeded to let Witt daddy them around the bases again for another run

.226/.302/.398 .700 OPS

.255/.312/.394 .706 OPS

Top is bum ass Correa. Bottom is the career averages of Kyle Farmer. You know the journeyman back up that was brought here as a last resort starter then moved back up when Correa ran out of options and decided to sign with us??

Thats just brutal. Money talks and removes all self pride.

Hey Rocco, lets just keep pitching Moran every game

Its not like it fails miserably every time.

What a fucking idiot

Hey Rocco, lets just keep pitching Moran every game

Its not like it fails miserably every time.

What a fucking idiot

Having said this though

The Minnesota Twins 40 man roster has THREE left handed pitchers.

Thielbar-out like 2 months

Brent Headrick(I think thats his name....which proves my point)

Jovani Moran

Derek Falvey has to be in the running for the worst GM in the history of professional sports right?? THis guy has went basically the whole season with us have ONE left hander and one that sucks. He actively chose not to sign any before the season. He actively chose to let Colombe go. He has actively choseen to to not add anyone through JULY 29TH of the season.

Like how is this guy a GM. Theres bad and then there is this.

Having said this though

Jovani Moran

Derek Falvey has to be in the running for the worst GM in the history of professional sports right?? THis guy has went basically the whole season with us have ONE left hander and one that sucks. He actively chose not to sign any before the season. He actively chose to let Colombe go. He has actively choseen to to not add anyone through JULY 29TH of the season.

Tom Connelly would like a word.

Holy shit. Nevermind. Castro can just be cut on the spot.

That is hands down the fucking stupidest thing I have ever seen. What in the fuck was he thinking??

That right there confirms this team does not have their heads in a playoff race at all. That was beyond words.We could have had Julien up as the tying run against a terrible pitcher.

Having said this though

Jovani Moran

Moran had a really good year last year and had been pretty good his entire minor league career. Going into the year as your #2 lefty out of the bullpen isn’t that big of a deal IMO. Obviously Thielbar being hurt and Moran being significantly worse makes it look bad now.

As much of a disaster as tonight was you can argue that Castro lost this game.

HIs CF D has been brutal. He gave them at least 2 runs with that tonight. And that base running ruined the entire comeback.

Moran had a really good year last year and had been pretty good his entire minor league career. Going into the year as your #2 lefty out of the bullpen isn’t that big of a deal IMO. Obviously Thielbar being hurt and Moran being significantly worse makes it look bad now.
Guys in roles that stretch them 2 too much, as in Farmer, Taylor & Castro.

When yoh think about it, they’ve had significant less production from Buck and Correra and lose the RBI leader from last year, Miranda, to an epic sophomore slump, you could make the point that Rocco has done a solid job with the hand he’s been dealt - some troll for our 🪨 Heads, but also some truth as well.

Willy “the weapon” Castro with one of the dumbest base running decisions ever tonight. Please keep telling me how good he is though cause of his WAR.

That it. Rocco need to be fired tomorrow morning and Derek Falvey can also be fired tomorrow morning.

Having said this though

Jovani Moran

Letting Columbe go for nothing to keep Cole Sands. It's indefensible. They also could have signed a guy like Brad Hand for $1 million or so. His #'s have fallen off but he's still better than Moran.

Acuna swiped number 50 last night - first guy to do it since 2017.

I wonder how many Rickey in his prime would get with the new rules

Last edited:

I have a suggestion.

I think MU Gopher should start his own thread where he can rant about the Twins, and allow other people to use this thread for hopefully more rational discussions.

coming on this thread now is like walking into a day-care where you have a few toddlers screaming at the top of their lungs. it's just not a place I want to be.

I have a suggestion.

I think MU Gopher should start his own thread where he can rant about the Twins, and allow other people to use this thread for hopefully more rational discussions.

coming on this thread now is like walking into a day-care where you have a few toddlers screaming at the top of their lungs. it's just not a place I want to be.

I have a suggestion if youre too mentally frail for truth on a message board you probably shouldnt be on it.

Also since you clearly lack to intellect. There are posters on here saying we should sell and Cleveland will beat us by 8 games.

What have I said that isnt rational btw?? Be prepared I am going to absolutely bury you with stats.

Was I irrational when I said Correa at the plate is being paid to be Farmer replacement level??

Talk baseball, lets go. Clown.

AK to the IL that is not good.

Probably should not have played him this weekend if that was at all a possibility. Now the clock on the IL stint starts like 4 days later.

Top Bottom