All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Rosario is a disappointing player but much less of one than Syndergaard. Dodgers just took care of their bench problem with Kike and Rosario added. Next move: Starting pitching.
Apparently they are close to getting Lance Lynn. Not much of an upgrade. Lynn actually has the worst ERA of all qualified pitchers. Joe Kelly supposedly part of the deal too.

Dodgers must have some real behind the scenes traction on a Arenado deal or something.

Because just overloading on veteran washed up depth is a fucking bizarre move.

They definitely have something huge cooking too hence why they are bringing in other depth parts.

the Strib had an article about how the rule changes are impacting MLB. includes a lot of stats. a few highlights:

-----(for season to date)-----
BABIP: MLB avg .297 - Twins .299
SB per gm: MLB 0.72 - Twins 0.52
Avg Runs per game: MLB 4.59 - Twins 4.39
Avg K per gm: MLB 8.59 - Twins 10.38

then - Twins before and after All-Star break:
Batting Avg: Before .232 - after .270
BABIP: before .292 - after .354
Runs/gm: before 4.18 - after 5.92
SB/gm: before 0.48 - after 0.77
K/gm: before 10.07 - after 12.15

that's the odd one. post all-star break Twins have higher batting avg, higher BABIP, higher runs/gm - and more K/gm. hitting better - scoring more runs - and striking out more. one of these things is not like the other ones.
The Ghost 👻 of Miggy

Cole sands continuing to collect a paycheck and not pitching is something. At least the bullpen is never taxed to the amount that we have to use lesser options in high leverage situations, oh wait. They could so easily send him down for the weekend as they had an off day yesterday and and off day on Monday. There is no reason to have 13 pitchers on the roster, especially when one of them (sands) is never asked to pitch.
I wonder how many hot dogs 🌭 he woofs down sitting in the pen?

Dream gig - money for nothing

Last edited:

Thats asking for an L haha.

If thats the scenario then we go for our 3rd CG SO of the year.

I think the only minor hesitation they may have with it is that Bala and Winder both threw 35 ish pitches on Wednesday.

If that didnt happen im pretty sure Sands woulda just been sent down yesterday before we left.

THey did it!!

Optioned Sands!

Wallner in the lineup with Polo tonight. No Buxton though is kinda odd

I will say as bad as Buxton has been unless hes sick or hurt or something this yet again proves we have no real plan...rocco or the dorks in the office.

Singer, has no platoon splilts. Hes right handed and sucks ass vs righties this year.

Buxton 7/13 with 2 homers vs Singer.

So yeah, for the sake of the human race hopefully buck has a head cold or something.

Replace Gallo with Buxton and move Wallner to LF and you've got a halfway decent lineup there.

Like I said days ago. Get Royce in there soon and we dont really need much offsnive help.

The D will take a bit of a hit. But the team has a lot of offensive weapons with the FreetheYouth movement.

Like I said days ago. Get Royce in there soon and we dont really need much offsnive help.

The D will take a bit of a hit. But the team has a lot of offensive weapons with the FreetheYouth movement.

Royce back in a couple weeks?

Dodgers must have some real behind the scenes traction on a Arenado deal or something.

Because just overloading on veteran washed up depth is a fucking bizarre move.

They definitely have something huge cooking too hence why they are bringing in other depth parts.
I hope a starter is attached to the deal. Muncy would have to go, which is fine. Top prospects as well obviously. That would be sooo much better than Lance Lynn.

THey did it!!

Optioned Sands!

Wallner in the lineup with Polo tonight. No Buxton though is kinda odd
Sands is going to FrontOfficeSports.com with the incriminating photos as we speak. Hopefully the long line of anonymous Gopher players won't delay him too long.

I honest cant believe they even released that info.

Did they think people wouldnt find it the most outrageous excuse of all time??

Guy is batting .195. He had an uneven cot all year??

If he suffers an injury in the next few days, it will rival bilateral leg weakness and he'll never live it down.

I mean moving sands was such a logical move given the roster crunch they made by activating Polanco earlier then they had to. Part of me wonders if they are shopping Polanco and wanted to show him off for 3 games before the deadline. Otherwise they could have left him to rehab and not put themselves in this roster pinch.

I mean moving sands was such a logical move given the roster crunch they made by activating Polanco earlier then they had to. Part of me wonders if they are shopping Polanco and wanted to show him off for 3 games before the deadline. Otherwise they could have left him to rehab and not put themselves in this roster pinch.
I think they might be looking to dump Gallo for a bag of balls and this buys them the week-end. Off day yesterday. Off day Monday. They don't really need Cole Sands right now.

We're talking about the same guy who missed spring training games after needing a root canal due to chipping a tooth from eating a steak.

I think they might be looking to dump Gallo for a bag of balls and this buys them the week-end. Off day yesterday. Off day Monday. They don't really need Cole Sands right now.
That would shock me. This front office does not like to admit they made a mistake and letting gallo go or trading him would be admitting that. If they wanted to move Gallo I also think they would have simply DFA’d him and kept Larnach on the roster.

Plus as you said Gallos value is so low I am not sure he gets you anything back. Larnach and Wallner might actually move the needle and get you a quality major league player.

That would shock me. This front office does not like to admit they made a mistake and letting gallo go or trading him would be admitting that. If they wanted to move Gallo I also think they would have simply DFA’d him and kept Larnach on the roster.

They traded Chase Petty one year after drafting him in the 1st round so I don't totally agree with that.

I get the feeling they will move on from Gallo and/or one of their young left handed hitting OFs like Larnach over the next few days.

An ump giving a sinker ball pitcher, strikes on balls that are 5+ inches below the box has to be grounds for imprisonment. As Smalley says, you literally cant hit against that.

Castro continues to be an absolute weapon. Jeffers is locked in.

Cant even blame the team for the obnoxious amount of Ks again. This ump needs to fucking burn in hell.

Singer has 80 pitches through 4 innings because he cant locate for shit. But ever hitter starts down 0-1 on a pitch that is unhittable and 7 inches low. Its bullshit.

They traded Chase Petty one year after drafting him in the 1st round so I don't totally agree with that.

I get the feeling they will move on from Gallo and/or one of their young left handed hitting OFs like Larnach over the next few days.
Not sure how letting go of Gallo is the same as trading a first round pick? I agree a left handed bat needs to go, but Gallo and Kepler offer so little value so to me it’s gotta be Larnach or Wallner. Of course if you call a team and offer them Wallner or Larnach I am sure the first question is why don’t you want them when you have Gallo and he sucks.

Look at what Cleveland did with Rosario and trading him to open up a spot for a prospect to play. The twins did the exact opposite if that this off-season when they knew they had a glut of lady handed hitting corner outfield guys. Rather then move Kepler to open up a spot they signed Gallo and kept Kepler which log jammed the roster even more.

Top Bottom