All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

GET ROCCO OUT OF OUR FUCKING DUGOUT.

Holy shit. Hes so bad.

Once again we also have Julien out of the game now way to early. OUr bullpen which needed rest is now going to be taxed because he used Moran.

This guy is incompetent. Hes not cut out for managing high leverage games that mean something.

Pagan was due to give up a homerun. As much as the Twins need to cut this guy like the plague.....he's been pitching pretty well as of late. Too late....imo.

Pagan was due to give up a homerun. As much as the Twins need to cut this guy like the plague.....he's been pitching pretty well as of late. Too late....imo.

I dont blame him there.

Hes in the blink of the eye thrown into a 6-3 games with 2nd and 3rd no outs.

That was malpractice managing by Rocco. Just incredible that he can be that stupid. Im actually concered theres someone that clearly messed up in the head just allowed to be out and about in public.

There isnt any defending that decision.

I am still in a stunned state of shock tbh.

This was the literal equivalent of Rocco saying "here, we dont feel like winning you guys have it"

What a flippin disaster these last 2 innings have been.

The twins needs stretch bullpen help in the worst way. Not sure they can wait for / hope that Stewart and Thielbar come back and are effective. Of course this was also the need in the off-season and the front office decided to not address the bullpen at all.

You just cant win big games with a manager this bad. This is absolutely disgusting.

Have a stangle hold on the division and our manager too fucking stupid to handle the job.

The good news is that Cole Sands is still fresh having not pitched since 7/20 when he threw 1/3 of an inning. You can’t keep black holes on the roster that you can’t trust.

"We had the game in front of us," Twins manager Rocco Baldelli said. "We knew what we needed to do. We just simply didn't do what we needed to do. There was no secret as to the way that went." REALLY???

Win the division

break the strikeout record

And make history! Be the first team in professional sports to decline an invitation to the playoffs. They will still be talking about this 50 years from now. You know how college football teams decline a bowl invitation. Be the first pro team to ever do this. Rather than go 0-21(Gawd).......make history. This franchise would finally get some respect. Can you imagine the talk shows and media descending on Minneapolis? I'm telling you.............this organization would go up in many people's books!

I really don't get the decision to not have Pagan start the 8th. He had already been warming up in the 6th.

I understand the bullpen is taxed with last night being the 12th game in a row, but starting him with a clean inning seems to have been the logical move. Only thing I could think of was trying to avoid using Duran, but he eventually warmed up too so he was available.

The Walks did Haunt.

Ortega sent down. Winder on the Green Line.

I really don't get the decision to not have Pagan start the 8th. He had already been warming up in the 6th.

I understand the bullpen is taxed with last night being the 12th game in a row, but starting him with a clean inning seems to have been the logical move. Only thing I could think of was trying to avoid using Duran, but he eventually warmed up too so he was available.

The Walks did Haunt.

Plus, Pagan has been a better pitcher starting an inning than coming in with runners on base.

The Walks did Haunt.

Worst part is we have an off day tomorrow. Neither Pagan or Duran pitched Monday.

Ride them. Figure out today later.

Also, if Pagan starts the 8th and gets through it. So many more options. Maybe we score some in the 8th to make the lead bigger. Or in the 9th wed have the middle-bottom of their order we may use someone other than Duran. And have Duran ready if it becomes a save situation.

You cant throw in a scrub with 2 innings left still when you have bullets.

Mariners had lost 580 straight road games when down by 4+ in the 8th or later

First win since 1991. Unbelievable.

Plus, Pagan has been a better pitcher starting an inning than coming in with runners on base.

Maybe under "old rules" when you could put in a reliever at any time I could see going with Moran in the 8th (4 run lead), as they could have gotten him out of there after the 2 walks (or even 1).

New rules have to at least face 3 batters, leaving zero margin of error for Pagan after the double. Less than ideal. Understatement.

Moran reminds me of LaTroy Hawkins early when they tried to make him the closer. You could tell by the first pitch if it was going to be a good outing. If it was a strike, you were fine. If it was a ball a foot outside, you may as well pull him immediately, a train wreck was coming.

Why is our first inning defensive assignment to have Castro playing center field 400 feet from home plate?

Idk if he catches that blooper playing normal depth. But he was so obnoxiously far back that Julio didnt even hold at second with 1 out, he just took off right away it was that blatant.

Larnach, you are going to be a career AAA player if you continue to miss breaking balls down the middle while also swinging and missing at balls about to hit you in the ankle.

Any right handed pitcher that throws Farmer a pitch other than a breaking ball thats 5 inches outside, should be banned from baseball.

He swings and misses it every single time.

I’ve seen enough of Larnach. He’s 0-7 with 6k’s either trade him or send him back to St Paul.

Top Bottom