All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Unbelievable.

And thats why you dont pull Julien. Now we have fucking Farmer leading off.

Also, dont throw sweepers to lefties. Kolten fucking Wong.

Griffin Jax blow it for the Twins. he was pitching for the 3rd straight game. why oh why was he in the game.

And seriously stop fucking pulling Julien for D. We are not losing games on his D.

Now instead of a guy whose reached 25/42 PA we had goddamn Farmer leading off vs a flame throwing righty.

Stop playing shitty fucking players when you have good ones.

Max!!!!

Wallner this is your time.

Could already be over if Julien was in.

This is so gross.

Rocco doesnt play platoons actually.

He just has an extreme bias against anyone under 26.

He pulls larnach for the righty Solano who cant hit a beach ball with an oar right now. LET THE YOUTH PLAY.

Lopez with a clean inning in extras?!?! Wow.

Now, bunt Vazquez. Bring in Jeffers to pinch hit for Gallo. Win the game.

Not sure if that is postionally feasible though. Too lazy to look with all our subs where guys are at now.

This is so gross.

Rocco doesnt play platoons actually.

He just has an extreme bias against anyone under 26.

He pulls larnach for the righty Solano who cant hit a beach ball with an oar right now. LET THE YOUTH PLAY.
Solano was actually hitting for Taylor who had already replaced Larnach for defense in the 8th.

Lopez with a clean inning in extras?!?! Wow.

Now, bunt Vazquez. Bring in Jeffers to pinch hit for Gallo. Win the game.

Not sure if that is postionally feasible though. Too lazy to look with all our subs where guys are at now.

Well, Rocco went with sound strategy and it worked!!

Although I was no envisioning Jeffers reaching on a bunt that didnt score the run haha.

Nice to see Correa with a walk off.

Griffin Jax blow it for the Twins. he was pitching for the 3rd straight game. why oh why was he in the game.
3rd game in a row but combined Jax had only thrown 24 pitches combined. 16 Saturday and 8 Sunday.

Victim of a failed shift 1 strike away from closing it down, then a terrible pitch and big swing.

Odd strategy by Seattle to not bring in their closer in the 9th but then do in the 10th?

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Can Lopez get back on track?? Stop being so shaky again? He did damage control last game but it wasnt pretty.

Can we hit Kirby a week later?? He gobbled us up.

Its great to already be guaranteed no worse than a 2 game lead by series end with the Guardians flopping 1 vs the punching bag Royals.

The Twins still have the 2nd easiest remaining schedule. The bottom 4 teams with the easiest remaining schedules are all from the AL Central.

The only team not a part of that group? Cleveland, who actually has the 11th toughest remaining schedule.

This team has plenty of flaws but one thing I will say is they never give up. A lot of character in this group.
A lot of that is they are winning these games in the small sample size post all star break. If you go back and look at some of the games they lost 1-0 or 2-1 in May and June the team had lots of give up in them. Just look at how bad those pre all star break orioles games were. Those games were only 15 days ago. It’s funny how quickly they could have lost 3 in a row and been 5-6 instead of 9-2 post all star break. Now I’m not comparing and they don’t need to give the wins back, but recency bias in baseball can be a good thing.

The Twins still have the 2nd easiest remaining schedule. The bottom 4 teams with the easiest remaining schedules are all from the AL Central.

The only team not a part of that group? Cleveland, who actually has the 11th toughest remaining schedule.

That’s great cause I want them to win, but it also stinks cause I don’t want to watch crappy baseball for the next 2 months.

Back to back walk off wins. If anything it’s been fun watching this team since the all star break. Much better than pre all star play

on Jax- when you can throw 96 or 97mph, don't get beat by hanging a breaking ball. As much as people rag on Pagan, he comes in and throws as hard as he can on almost every pitch, and for the most part, that approach has worked for him. I know the brain trust loves their breaking balls, but I sure wish that the relief pitchers would rely more on the fast ball.

on Jax- when you can throw 96 or 97mph, don't get beat by hanging a breaking ball. As much as people rag on Pagan, he comes in and throws as hard as he can on almost every pitch, and for the most part, that approach has worked for him. I know the brain trust loves their breaking balls, but I sure wish that the relief pitchers would rely more on the fast ball.
This is especially true to the #9 hitter who is batting under .200. If you’re gonna go down do it throwing your best pitch.

Top Bottom