All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

It still amazes me how many swings and misses Ryan gets on his 92-93 mph fastball.

lol. Brings in Pagan for the ninth and he immediately gives up a double followed by an RBI single.

I know it’s the Royals but couldn’t ask for a better start. Buxton proving that playing in spring training games is overrated.

nice to see the bats pick up. still leaving a lot of runners on base.

apparently the HR hit off Moran is the first one he has allowed in his MLB career.

now three games with the Marlins, who are off to a 1-3 start to the season and are not scoring a lot of runs. need all the wins they can manage early - starting next Thursday schedule goes Astros - White Sox - Yankees - Red Sox - Washington Nationals and Yankees again.

Its the Royals so have to keep that in mind.

But I do really like our pitching. If the bats can contribute this team should absolutely compete for the division.

Its refreshing to have a starting rotation where there isnt 1-3 guys where I literally role my eyes when finding out they are starting that days game.

Last edited:

nice to see the bats pick up. still leaving a lot of runners on base.

apparently the HR hit off Moran is the first one he has allowed in his MLB career.

now three games with the Marlins, who are off to a 1-3 start to the season and are not scoring a lot of runs. need all the wins they can manage early - starting next Thursday schedule goes Astros - White Sox - Yankees - Red Sox - Washington Nationals and Yankees again.

The schedule is interesting. By the time the Twins get to the end of May, they will have played all their games against the Yankees, Astros, Dodgers, and Padres. Obviously other teams will be formidable, but those four would all make a short list of the best teams in baseball.

Stay healthy and stay in the race the first couple months and I then like our chances.

From the Twins Radio Network post-game wrap up yesterday, they became just the 17th MLB team to open with 2 shutouts.

The 19.2 scoreless innings streak to start the season is a team record.

I am unclear if that includes while they were in Washington. I just realized they have now been in Minnesota (1961 - 2023) longer than DC (1901 - 1960).

Last edited:

The schedule is interesting. By the time the Twins get to the end of May, they will have played all their games against the Yankees, Astros, Dodgers, and Padres. Obviously other teams will be formidable, but those four would all make a short list of the best teams in baseball.

Stay healthy and stay in the race the first couple months and I then like our chances.
Like catching the Yanks early in the year, as they seem to start slowly much of the time.

Looking for some fearlessness finally in the Bronx

Like catching the Yanks early in the year, as they seem to start slowly much of the time.

Looking for some fearlessness finally in the Bronx
The Yankees starting rotation should be much better/healthier later in the season.

Shaving off 31 minutes for less than 1 violation is an absolute no brainer of a trade off. The 31 minutes was when absolutely nothing was happening.

Gladden & Provus don't have as much time for in game promo reads. They spend the middle of the first inning getting some of them out of the way instead throwing it back to to the studio for regular network commercials.

I’m interested to see what it feels like in person
I went to a saints game last summer and there was a home run by the Saints. What I couldn't figure out was why the entire team was out celebrating.

Turns out it was the bottom of the 9th. Granted I wasn't paying close attention because I had my 7 yr old with me. But I thought it was about the 7th inning. Went by so fast

I realize the team is undefeated. But Kepler as leadoff is not working. And he's there again in the lineup today.

I realize the team is undefeated. But Kepler as leadoff is not working. And he's there again in the lineup today.
Who would your rather have lead-off? That's the issue. And one reason I was not a fan of trading Arreaz. If/when Polanco comes back, perhaps he leads off and Kepler drops to 8th.

Who would your rather have lead-off? That's the issue. And one reason I was not a fan of trading Arreaz. If/when Polanco comes back, perhaps he leads off and Kepler drops to 8th.
Polanco will probably move to leadoff unless Kepler figures it out.

Kepler has hit the ball hard several times with nothing to show for it.

Yes, please

The forecast continues to look much better on Friday so think it's only a matter of time before they move the home opener.

The forecast continues to look much better on Friday so think it's only a matter of time before they move the home opener.
I would think they would want to announce it by tomorrow if possible in order to give those living outside the TC a chance to adjust their travel plans.

Re: Kepler. My hope/wish is that Kirilloff is able to play. If Kirilloff can take over 1B, then Gallo moves to RF and Kepler becomes a platoon player/pinch hitter - IF they can't move him.

Put a healthy Polanco and Kirilloff in this lineup - take Gordon and Kepler out - and that gives you a nice-looking lineup.

can't remember where I heard this, but someone (might have been Doogie) was saying that Kirilloff has been feeling better and the Twins think he could be ready for a rehab assignment in a couple of weeks.

I would think they would want to announce it by tomorrow if possible in order to give those living outside the TC a chance to adjust their travel plans.
Have they ever moved the opener simply because it was warmer/nicer? I can't recall them doing it and there have been some other years like this.

Top Bottom