All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

How many 👍 one to five do you give it?
I haven't seen it yet, the percentage of sales was mentioned on the Dan Patrick Show who saw an advanced screening. He also had Matt Damon on this week who portrays Sonny Vaccaro. Sonny himself was a guest a few days earlier.

Opens up wide next weekend.

I haven't seen it yet, the percentage of sales was mentioned on the Dan Patrick Show who saw an advanced screening. He also had Matt Damon on this week who portrays Sonny Vaccaro. Sonny himself was a guest a few days earlier.

Opens up wide next weekend.
Jack Nicholson took points on the first Batman when being the Joker vs. a salary as well.

Might be some snow piles for the twins home opener.
I wonder if they’ll move the home opener to Friday. No rain/snow forecasted but it’s supposed to be a high in the 30’s and very windy Thursday. Friday in the mid 40’s and not as windy.

I wonder if they’ll move the home opener to Friday. No rain/snow forecasted but it’s supposed to be a high in the 30’s and very windy Thursday. Friday in the mid 40’s and not as windy.
And no Gopher hockey game that afternoon, plus Good Friday so many have that day off.

Those probably are not considerations for the Twins, personally I am hoping for the move.

Last edited:

Gallo is in mid season form. 0-6 with 4 K’s . The bottom of the lineup is a huge issue with the injuries to polcanco and Kiriloff.

Well, if we’re using two games to issue proclamations- it looks like Valsequez will win the AL batting 👑 this year😉

This is the one thing I don't get about the complaints about the bottom of the lineup. Vasquez is a career .260 hitter. He doesn't have much power, but average wise he is a huge upgrade at catcher.

This is the one thing I don't get about the complaints about the bottom of the lineup. Vasquez is a career .260 hitter. He doesn't have much power, but average wise he is a huge upgrade at catcher.
He’s a tough out; watched him a lot when he was with Boston vs. Yanks and that was an excellent signing.

He threw 83 pitches and was erratic at times. Most pitchers are throwing 80-90 pitches in their first start of the season.
Didn’t watch or listen. Just found it it interesting due to his comments about early hooks. Also well aware of early hooks in early starts. Very pleasant start for the team as well. Go Twins!!! Will be more interesting as season develops with pitchers going deeper or not going deeper.

Hoping for a Friday opener as well. Wednesday supposed to be cold and rainy. Thursday may mean a wet field and cold.

The difference is Gallo hit .160 last year and struck out 213 times in 400 and some plate appearances. He has also only hit abound .250 once and that was 2019. Otherwise he’s been around .200 his entire career. So his track record would indicate this will continue and is not a small sample size.

An underrated pickup IMO.

The difference is Gallo hit .160 last year and struck out 213 times in 400 and some plate appearances. He has also only hit abound .250 once and that was 2019. Otherwise he’s been around .200 his entire career. So his track record would indicate this will continue and is not a small sample size.
It’s entirely possible Gallo was pitched up as an insurance piece, since both AK and Larnach are coming back from injuries.

The best case scenario is they both stay healthy and produce making Gallo expendable and he’s out no later then the All Star break - once AK comes up, he’ll be getting the majority of the Abs at first iMO.

Sucks that you bought the $400 custom Gallo uni😉

It’s entirely possible Gallo was pitched up as an insurance piece, since both AK and Larnach are coming back from injuries.

The best case scenario is they both stay healthy and produce making Gallo expendable and he’s out no later then the All Star break - once AK comes up, he’ll be getting the majority of the Abs at first iMO.

Sucks that you bought the $400 custom Gallo uni😉
I’m still holding onto my Byung-Ho Park custom jersey.

My problem is the situation was made by the twins. They could have just kept Arreaz and he could have played 1st.

Anyway 2-0 against a 90 loss Kc team is a good way to start. You can’t win the division in April, but you sure can lose it.

My problem is the situation was made by the twins. They could have just kept Arreaz and he could have played 1st.

Anyway 2-0 against a 90 loss Kc team is a good way to start. You can’t win the division in April, but you sure can lose it.
We got some Marlins to feast on shortly as well

I'd rather have Lopez over Arraez, especially when it's just a matter of time before Julien is up full time.

I get the gripes about Gallo, he's basically Sano at the plate but at least he's a gold glove outfielder. I don't think he'll be a full time player if the Twins get as healthy as they hope.

I'd rather have Lopez over Arraez, especially when it's just a matter of time before Julien is up full time.

I get the gripes about Gallo, he's basically Sano at the plate but at least he's a gold glove outfielder. I don't think he'll be a full time player if the Twins get as healthy as they hope.
Playing 1st base.

Top Bottom