All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Great team offensive break out. If Gallo and Larnach can have consistently productive year(obviously not to this extent) our lineup becomes much more dangerous.

Maeda in his return vs Alcantara tomorrow is the first real test. Luckily we did not have to blow through our bullpen arms today. So we have a full pitching disposal.

Against Alcantara. Feels like the undefeated dream might die tomorrow.
Was so so in his first start against the Mets - let’s hope for some good ABs early before he gets into any typ of rhythm

This was mentioned on SKOR North yesterday, but Jake Cave was one of the leading hitters in the Grapefruit League for the Phils, hit .462, 3 HRs and 14 RBI.

Off to a quiet start in the regular season though, 0-7.

I love the pitch clock when watching on TV. In the past I would put on non-Twins games in the background when I'm doing something around the house but rarely did I actually just sit there and watch the games pitch by pitch. But now I'm finding myself watching more of the other games too.

I've heard some say the pitch clock is not as great when watching in person however.

I love the pitch clock when watching on TV. In the past I would put on non-Twins games in the background when I'm doing something around the house but rarely did I actually just sit there and watch the games pitch by pitch. But now I'm finding myself watching more of the other games too.

I've heard some say the pitch clock is not as great when watching in person however.

I have heard the game is distracting people from staring at their phones.

more info in another thread -- but Diamond Sports - the company that owns Bally Sports North - is reportedly late in making its payment of rights fees to the Twins and Guardians. Diamond has 15 days to make the payment or.......something might happen. see other thread for longer explanation.

more info in another thread -- but Diamond Sports - the company that owns Bally Sports North - is reportedly late in making its payment of rights fees to the Twins and Guardians. Diamond has 15 days to make the payment or.......something might happen. see other thread for longer explanation.
That didn't take long. I figured they would pay the cheap contracts and default on the bigger ones, meaning the Twins would get paid.

I don't think the Twins will move the opener. Thursday at 3 is sunny and 34. Friday is sunny and 49. I don't see them moving it just for that.

Plus the twins deal ends at the end of the year.
Yeah. Hadn't thought of it that way. I assumed they were just trying to stay afloat with as many teams as possible, but they're still trying to survive long term. Seems futile.

With Kepler iffy tonight, would it be sensible to put Buxton in the outfield?

Nah. Let's give him the day off after DH'ing for 4 games. and throw Willie Castro in the OF and Solano at DH.

I loathe what this game has become and it's only going to get worse from here.

We Minnesotans are beautifully consistent.

We will always find doom and gloom in a 4-0 start.

And, yes, yes, yes... the team started hot last year and then fell flat. But can't we just enjoy ourselves a teeny, tiny bit and enjoy the present win streak? It may end up meaning little in the end, but for right now it is actually pretty nice.

With Kepler iffy tonight, would it be sensible to put Buxton in the outfield?

Nah. Let's give him the day off after DH'ing for 4 games. and throw Willie Castro in the OF and Solano at DH.

I loathe what this game has become and it's only going to get worse from here.

Hopefully the players perform and shock with some heart.

But this is the classic Baldumbass and management "punt" game.

Face Alcantara. Sit Buxton who has DH'd 4 games. Just find a trade partner is thats the approach.

We have Nick Gordon leadoff. Solano middle of the order. Michael A Taylor. Willie Castro. Its insulting. But hopefully the players brings it.

Damn I'm good.
I don't think there was ever much question that they would move it, it's the whole purpose of building in the Off Day in the middle of the series to begin with.

If there was even a moderate chance of rain on Friday, then I would have guess they would have tried to push through. With little to no risk of eventually having to schedule a DH on Saturday or Sunday (only Astros trip to Mpls)...done deal.

Pretty sure last year was close to the same. There was a trace of snow in the morning, but it would have been playable in the afternoon (just god awful conditions). That's just what I recall because I was driving out of town that day.

Saturday/Sunday shaping up to be really nice for anyone heading to Target Field.

I don't think the Twins will move the opener. Thursday at 3 is sunny and 34. Friday is sunny and 49. I don't see them moving it just for that.

Honestly your logic was right.

No bad weather. Just a little colder.

The Twins way is to say fuck the fans and those who already made plans and took off work. "Try and get a different day off even though theres no rain or snow in forecast".

Honestly your logic was right.

No bad weather. Just a little colder.

The Twins way is to say fuck the fans and those who already made plans and took off work. "Try and get a different day off even though theres no rain or snow in forecast".
Feels like half the fans would be upset no matter what they decided. I've done Opening Day a couple times, including 2010, which was awesome of course. I'm good on it. I'll wait until May-August for in person attendance.

Top Bottom