All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Julien has got to start getting DH opportunities over Buxton.

Hes lost. You cant keep trotting an everyday DH out there who hits .200 with a .710 OPS and no contact.

JP sears goes 6 1/3 innings

Righties: 2 /18 both hits being Vazquez

Lefties: 2/5

Hmmm, its almost like the pregame splits showed this.

Don't care if it's Oakland. We sweep and Cleveland gets swept. Great way to start the second half.

Don't care if it's Oakland. We sweep and Cleveland gets swept. Great way to start the second half.

Loooooooooooooong way to go.

3 innings of bullpen outs that likely wont feature either Jax or Duran. Even though Jax through a whopping 6 pitches yesterday.

Rocco prescident is usually never 3 days in a row. And we have no off day either.

Well theres 1 run....kinda bad luck tho.

Pagan with a high leverage out. Imagine will need him to try and get 3 more of them.

Buxton 3 Ks today. Now below .200

You have got to stop playing him every day batting 3rd. Please.

Let Julien and Wallner and AK play. Rotate every single other player.

I went to an A's game roughly 5 years ago. And the attendance was similar. Great franchise relegated to this. Too bad,

Not easy but what a sweep. 2.5 game lead.

Rocco surpisingly went to Duran. Wasnt sharp. Got the outs.

Def no Duran available tomorrow. Lets hope Sonny rolls the pen needs a break.

Hes lost. You cant keep trotting an everyday DH out there who hits .200 with a .710 OPS and no contact.
Yep. Maybe I’m wrong but it seems Buxton pulls the ball foul a lot. And hits it very hard too. I think he’s way too pull happy.

Yep. Maybe I’m wrong but it seems Buxton pulls the ball foul a lot. And hits it very hard too. I think he’s way too pull happy.

100%. Many hitters these days have lost the art of the opposite field(hence shifts) but he almost never does it.

Also, I know hes not 100% healthy but the guy can still run. Why not do some bunts like Taylor did?? Just get that average up and some confidence.

Its just weird we consistently bat Gallo 9th behind guys like Vazquez and Taylor. Buxton bats 3rd and hes literally just a considerably worse version of Gallo. Less power and walks.

Bad News/Good news about heading to Seattle for 4 now.

Bad News: Waaaaaaaay better pitching and better hitter. Much tougher games.

Good news: Their offense while 60 Ks behind us still(LOL) is second in baseball. And while their starters are elite they are ALL RIGHT HANDED.

Time for the youth movement to show what they got against elite arms.

Twins are 12-1 against the A’s and Royals. The rest not so good

Twins are 12-1 against the A’s and Royals. The rest not so good

Yep, as good as this wknd was we've been down this road before and just can't ever find a way to break away from .500.
Maybe this time will be different?

Buxton needs an IL stint. He has no prayer right now.

He's become Miguel Sano. He needs to stop trying to hit 500 foot hrs to left field. He also doesn't seem to be seeing the ball well. Tons of called strikes down the middle and swings and misses. Since July 4th he's 1/28 with one walk and 13 strikeouts. An IL /rehab stint is in order.

Yep, as good as this wknd was we've been down this road before and just can't ever find a way to break away from .500.
Maybe this time will be different?
If Correa and Buxton can hit anywhere near what they are capable then there’s hope. Corea has gotten a bit better but Buxton is completely lost at the plate right now

Top Bottom