All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Geez, maybe just take a break at being pissed off 95% of the time and try to understand what I was trying to say. Kepler and Wallner are both outfielders. Kepler is blocking his playing time, not Miranda. He’s the guy that needs to go.

Dude I literally said yesterday thats blatantly wrong.

Castro played LF yesterday you block head.

Guess what...Miranda to IL. Here comes Wallner

Learn fucking baseball

Dude I literally said yesterday thats blatantly wrong.

Castro played LF yesterday you block head.

Guess what...Miranda to IL. Here comes Wallner

Learn fucking baseball
I'm not sure how this is so hard to understand but the more outfielders on the roster, the less playing time they will all get. The better roster makeup would have been with Wallner replacing Kepler.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm almost certain based on history that Kepler will still play at Wallner's expense at least some of the time. I never said there's no way to get Wallner on the roster. He only replaced Miranda because they had to make the move.

As for the bolded, I'll continue to take that as a compliment based on your history of posts. You clearly don't know my background if you think I know nothing about baseball.

I'm not sure how this is so hard to understand but the more outfielders on the roster, the less playing time they will all get. The better roster makeup would have been with Wallner replacing Kepler.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm almost certain based on history that Kepler will still play at Wallner's expense at least some of the time. I never said there's no way to get Wallner on the roster. He only replaced Miranda because they had to make the move.

As for the bolded, I'll continue to take that as a compliment based on your history of posts. You clearly don't know my background if you think I know nothing about baseball.
They should have brought up Chris Williams. He’s right handed and can catch, play first, and the corner outfield spots. That makes more sense then Wallner who has no direct playing time with Miranda being the one hurt.

They should have brought up Chris Williams. He’s right handed and can catch, play first, and the corner outfield spots. That makes more sense then Wallner who has no direct playing time with Miranda being the one hurt.
He's not on the 40 man but they could move someone to the 60 day possibly if needed I suppose.

I'm happy Wallner is getting a chance though. I hope he rakes and they have no choice but to keep him up.

I don't know if they would get an answer, but I still want one of the beat writers to ask Rocco why he has adopted this platoon strategy. I don't remember him platooning guys before - at least not anything close to this extent.

so did Rocco wake up one night and decide he was Gene Mauch, or did one of the front-office computer geeks come up with some print-out that proclaimed the virtues of platooning?

I don't know if they would get an answer, but I still want one of the beat writers to ask Rocco why he has adopted this platoon strategy. I don't remember him platooning guys before - at least not anything close to this extent.

so did Rocco wake up one night and decide he was Gene Mauch, or did one of the front-office computer geeks come up with some print-out that proclaimed the virtues of platooning?
I don’t know if this is true but it seems like they’ve faced a lot of lefties this year. More than normal. Guys like Farmer and Solano were brought to the team specifically to face lefties.

Wallner literally replaced Miranda. Castro is not a OF hes a utility. It isnt hard to understand. He keeps playing out there because our options suck ass and we made the decision to have Miranda at 3B instead of Wallner up here.

We have currently Wallner, Kepler, Gallo, Taylor and Kirilloff as guys who would play OF. But one of those 5 would be 1B.

Wallner can play everyday easily we just activiely choose not to. Same with Julien. We make it a point to play worse players than them as an active choice.

Kepler went a long stretch(before briefly getting hot) of being a complete 4th OF. He can be now. He can rotate in with Taylor and Gallo(AK really should just be 1B).

Youre trying to defend a team run on blatant incompetence. There is absolutely nothing aside from that incompetence impeding a everyday lineup of

Correa-SS
Julien-2B
Buxton-DH(sadly)
AK-1B
Donny Barrels- 3B
Gallo-LF
Kepler-RF
Jeffers-C
Taylor-CF

With our current team there is absolutely zero talent or "need" stopping that from being the lineup

Castro goes back to super utility can spell literally anyone for an off day and comes in to pinch run at key times when he sits and D replace. Vazquez by default rotates in.......much less frequently though. Farmer goes back to what we signed him for in the first place......last resort depth that starts 1 or two a week.....spelling any of the IF.

It is really, really straight forward.

BTW that lineup is still pretty trash if Correa and Buxton remain lost at sea. But its the most optimal lineup possible with only negligence preventing it.

Its not even a platoon at this point, its just him being an outright idiot.

We have Farmer batting 5th against a righty and Julien our best hitter(by far right now) sitting.

Wallner literally replaced Miranda. Castro is not a OF hes a utility. It isnt hard to understand. He keeps playing out there because our options suck ass and we made the decision to have Miranda at 3B instead of Wallner up here.

We have currently Wallner, Kepler, Gallo, Taylor and Kirilloff as guys who would play OF. But one of those 5 would be 1B.

Wallner can play everyday easily we just activiely choose not to. Same with Julien. We make it a point to play worse players than them as an active choice.

Kepler went a long stretch(before briefly getting hot) of being a complete 4th OF. He can be now. He can rotate in with Taylor and Gallo(AK really should just be 1B).

Youre trying to defend a team run on blatant incompetence. There is absolutely nothing aside from that incompetence impeding a everyday lineup of

Correa-SS
Julien-2B
Buxton-DH(sadly)
AK-1B
Donny Barrels- 3B
Gallo-LF
Kepler-RF
Jeffers-C
Taylor-CF

With our current team there is absolutely zero talent or "need" stopping that from being the lineup

Castro goes back to super utility can spell literally anyone for an off day and comes in to pinch run at key times when he sits and D replace. Vazquez by default rotates in.......much less frequently though. Farmer goes back to what we signed him for in the first place......last resort depth that starts 1 or two a week.....spelling any of the IF.

It is really, really straight forward.

BTW that lineup is still pretty trash if Correa and Buxton remain lost at sea. But it’s the most optimal lineup possible with only negligence preventing it.
Um that lineup doesn’t have Wallner in it which is exactly my point. As long as Kepler is on the team, Wallner’s playing time will probably be affected. I would be fine with Kepler as a backup too, I’m not arguing against that. But the organization appears to still want to play him just about every day.

I’m not defending the organization at all, Kepler should have been gone awhile ago.

Um that lineup doesn’t have Wallner in it which is exactly my point. As long as Kepler is on the team, Wallner’s playing time will probably be affected. I would be fine with Kepler as a backup too, I’m not arguing against that. But the organization appears to still want to play him just about every day.

I’m not defending the organization at all, Kepler should have been gone awhile ago.

Typed it wrong. Meant him in the Kepler spot and then Kepler working in for off days for them all as well. Your talk about Kepler had him on my mind.

Like I said Kepler was a 4th man just a few weeks ago when he was sucking.

And the term "everday" lineup is more of a come post season thing(scary thought if that is our lineup still) because daily almost someone is always getting rest.

Its not hard to work Taylor/Gallo/Wallner/Kepler all in...Wallner should be the priority to play everyday(if he earns it). But im also not bitching to have him continually play. Like tonight not arguing it, lefty going most of game and long travel.

But theres room for him on the roster where he doesnt have to also struggle to get 2 starts. Lots of opening

Well, have to give Farmer his props on that one.

Excellent swing.

Hopefully 2 runs is all Pablo needs, but also hopefully its not all we get.

Also, Buxton still isnt getting the hits with men on and in scoring position but hes getting some sac flies and hitting balls a lot harder in those spots. Some poor luck.

So hopefully he does start getting some hits.

Kepler does have one of the worst differentials between BA and xBA. He still would be a below average hitter but also has been unlucky to some degree.

On the other side, Gallo’s xBA is even lower than it currently is, LOL. I kinda like him in the 9 spot as he walks so much.

Kepler does have one of the worst differentials between BA and xBA. He still would be a below average hitter but also has been unlucky to some degree.

On the other side, Gallo’s xBA is even lower than it currently is, LOL. I kinda like him in the 9 spot as he walks so much.

I think the worst part about Kepler(if what I heard is true) is that hes been putting up a huge stink about playing CF.

Which has required us to play Taylor(excellent game today) and Castro out there more than I think anyone intended.

Its like bro, youre lucky you are playing at all. Go where you are told.

No hyperbole here

This is an absolutely pathetic outing from Lopez. Inexcusably bad against this team with a 6-0 lead.

Credit to the As though too. No quit. Good ABs

Correa hitting .231 with a .405 slug is infinitely harder to swallow when you know he also leads all of baseball with 18 double plays hit into. Which I believe is 4 more than 2nd place.

Media jackals are going to be all over Baldelli if Lopez gives up the lead here.

Hes just an absolute idiot of a manager

But at the same time with Stewart still not back we have no bullpen. SO its also on dumb and dumber up top as well. Refusing to get relievers.

Rocco screw this one up. Why did he have Lopez pitching this inning in a 7-6 game. horrible.

Aside from counting Taylor saving a home run by inches as "working"

As bringing Moran in with men on base worked at all this year??

Buxton a full time DH batting 3/4 every game and a .715 OPS lol

He's not on the 40 man but they could move someone to the 60 day possibly if needed I suppose.

I'm happy Wallner is getting a chance though. I hope he rakes and they have no choice but to keep him up.
I have my doubts he’s gonna play that much. There was no reason he couldn’t have played today and yet Kepler is playing.

The Kyle Farmer break out game.

I wont call him trash through the Mariners series now.

But still, Julien more please.

Top Bottom