All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

From an article in The Athletic, regarding possible Twins trade targets (they and the Guards are listed as buyers, he had 18 listed in total) -

The Twins rank second in the AL in starting pitchers’ ERA, just behind the Rays. But their bullpen has been inconsistent outside of Jhoan Duran and has totaled 17 blown saves, so they could use more reliever depth at the deadline. Offensively, they are 11th in the AL in runs scored and 14th in stolen bases, evidence of their lack of team speed. They have some power, ranking fifth in the AL in home runs, but also lead the majors in strikeouts. They could use another hitter and more speed and athleticism to better balance their lineup.

Last edited:

All Star break was not used to reset the brains.

Farmer and Miranda batting 4/5.

The insanity is bound to continue. Actively try not to make good lineups.
Miranda should not be on the roster. Much less starting. Much less batting 5th. Just ridiculous.

Look at the changes. Glad to see Kepler is getting a chance against a lefty. The guys a young up and coming prospect that needs major league at bats before we can judge how good he is.

Miranda should not be on the roster. Much less starting. Much less batting 5th. Just ridiculous.
Who would you replace him with? There isn't another infielder on the 40 man that can be called up.

It's a bit premature to give up on him after a pretty good year last year.

Who would you replace him with? There isn't another infielder on the 40 man that can be called up.

I agree that they have no one else, but a good rookie season doesn't mean anything if you don't build on it. His rookie numbers were nearly identical to Sano's.

Two things -
1. Finally! One of the Brewers series is on a weekend. Somebody can correct me if wrong, but I believe since they went to a balanced 15/15 AL/NL team split, the Twins/Brewers series (both home and away) have all been a 2-game series, and thus required to always play on a weekday. Adding another off day on All Star break Friday break gives them a 2-game weekend series. That will be a full stadium and a lot of fun.
2. Why does the MLB announce this in July? They had the all-star game, the draft, and now 2024 schedule all in the same week. It's like they don't hire publicity people. The NFL is king partially because it's exciting, but partially because of their incredible knack for spreading things out and constantly staying in the news due to things happening. MLB shoots their wad all at once, and other than "hot stove season", is largely irrelevant in their offseason. For a league that is struggling with interest, it would seem they should be going out of their way to keep themselves in the news.
I realize there are oodles of moving parts required to schedule 162 games for 30 teams, but it seems really short-sighted to put the Dodgers in Minneapolis on April 8th when they don't make another trip here if there's a postponement or three.

I have to laugh at comments like this. Its my new coping mechinism

Find humor in the insanity.

Wallner.

Stop having castro play OF he can play infield. Stop having trash can Farmer play over Julien.

Its simple shit that we just refuse to do.

I realize there are oodles of moving parts required to schedule 162 games for 30 teams, but it seems really short-sighted to put the Dodgers in Minneapolis on April 8th when they don't make another trip here if there's a postponement or three.
With the new MLB schedule format unveiled this year there really isn't much of an option.

The Twins will host 22 teams during the season. Only the 4 other AL Central foes make a return trip. The Dodgers are 1 of 18 teams that only hit Target Field once.

With an odd number (5) in each division they can't only play AL Central games throughout April.

I was totally fine the way it was, especially given the weak history of the AL Central.

Wallner yes. Castro is playing LF tonight. Why? He can play 3B. Or 2b. Or CF.

I'm not advocating Miranda be given up on and released. He needs more time back in the minors. I would be fine if Wallner was swapped for Gallo as well. Either way continuing to leave him in AAA is hubris to the point of incompetence.

Look at the changes. Glad to see Kepler is getting a chance against a lefty. The guys a young up and coming prospect that needs major league at bats before we can judge how good he is.
Miranda and Kepler play. Kirilloff and Julien sit....

Well, the Twinks got their mandatory 2 maximum runs. Hope they can hold off the offensive juggernaut A's.

Wallner.

Stop having castro play OF he can play infield. Stop having trash can Farmer play over Julien.

Its simple shit that we just refuse to do.
Wallner should replace Kepler. They’re not going to bring up another left handed bat unless it’s to replace a left handed bat.

Wallner yes. Castro is playing LF tonight. Why? He can play 3B. Or 2b. Or CF.

I'm not advocating Miranda be given up on and released. He needs more time back in the minors. I would be fine if Wallner was swapped for Gallo as well. Either way continuing to leave him in AAA is hubris to the point of incompetence.
He was hitting well at St Paul. Kepler is the problem, not Miranda.

The umpire has been horrible once again. Popkins gets tossed saying “all f-ing night!” Shouldn’t professional hitters know that by the 7th inning? I get it’s frustrating when the calls are bad. But you know he’s calling the low strikes. Swing the bat!

That was kind of an amazing set of back-to-back ABs in the top of the 9th. Buxton waving at one a foot both high & outside for Strike 3, then Gallo blasting one over the fence.

Wallner should replace Kepler. They’re not going to bring up another left handed bat unless it’s to replace a left handed bat.

Or just get rid of the players that suck??

Platooning is why this team is dog shit lmao

He was hitting well at St Paul. Kepler is the problem, not Miranda.
Miranda is not the problem??

What fucking stats are you looking at??

Julien? Excellent hitter. Miranda? Pass the drugs. Hes been fucking horrendous here and AAA.

Julien now at

.279/.355/.515

BuT wE nEeD VeTeRaN DeFeNsE.

On a team that fucking sucks ass at hitting.

From the Twins MLB best writer, Do-Hyuong Park on the Twins approach at the trade deadline -

Trade Deadline strategy: Buy, but not aggressively
The Twins didn’t bring back Correa and extend both Buxton and Pablo López to sell around them when a playoff berth is within reach -- but Falvey has also indicated that the majority of the club’s offensive improvement will need to come from within.
With the farm system largely depleted by aggressive trades in the last two years, expect the Twins to be in the market for relief help and complementary offensive pieces.
Carlos Correa

Miranda is not the problem??

What fucking stats are you looking at??

Julien? Excellent hitter. Miranda? Pass the drugs. Hes been fucking horrendous here and AAA.
Geez, maybe just take a break at being pissed off 95% of the time and try to understand what I was trying to say. Kepler and Wallner are both outfielders. Kepler is blocking his playing time, not Miranda. He’s the guy that needs to go.

Top Bottom