All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Heard a report expecting Sox at trade deadline to depart with Lynn, Clevinger, Giolito, Bummer, Graveman, Kelly.
They might as well. I'm sure I'm missing one here or there, but this will be the first deadline in a long while that I can remember the Twins need to be buyers, but priority #1 isn't starting pitching. Might go back nearly 20 years when the rumor mill was they were trying to get Alfonso Soriano.

They might as well. I'm sure I'm missing one here or there, but this will be the first deadline in a long while that I can remember the Twins need to be buyers, but priority #1 isn't starting pitching. Might go back nearly 20 years when the rumor mill was they were trying to get Alfonso Soriano.
I still think the #1 priority is still pitching, but bullpen help.

Twins need to go all in and get Goldy or Arenado.

Dont worry about prospects. We have the worst offensive approach currently and still cant get young guys up here everyday unless severe injury to trash veterans

Considering how badly the Os and Reds trades are looking now its likely we are due to have some prospects bust anyways. That shit is literally law of averages.

And we have like 10 left handed hitting corner outfielders right now between the bigs and high minors. So time to just fix that.

Get some relief help that does cost too much. And swing massive for a bat.

Twins need to go all in and get Goldy or Arenado.

Dont worry about prospects. We have the worst offensive approach currently and still cant get young guys up here everyday unless severe injury to trash veterans

Considering how badly the Os and Reds trades are looking now its likely we are due to have some prospects bust anyways. That shit is literally law of averages.

And we have like 10 left handed hitting corner outfielders right now between the bigs and high minors. So time to just fix that.

Get some relief help that does cost too much. And swing massive for a bat.
Goldy makes more sense. He's only under contract through 2024 and is 35. He won't cost nearly as much. Something like Prielipp (#5) and Austin Martin (#11) might be enough. Plus either Brooks Lee or Lewis probably needs to play 3B in 2024/2025.

Goldy makes more sense. He's only under contract through 2024 and is 35. He won't cost nearly as much. Something like Prielipp (#5) and Austin Martin (#11) might be enough. Plus either Brooks Lee or Lewis probably needs to play 3B in 2024/2025.

I agree Goldy probably more realistic and Id be very happy with it.

Could have had Soriano for Kevin Slowey in 2006. Ryan wouldn't do it. Jason Tyner was the primary DH. Sigh.

on a trade - in general under Falvine, the Twins have not gone in big for rentals. they usually like to get players who can be under team control for at least a couple of years.

so I just don't see them giving up a ton of prospects for a rental. last year, they picked up Fulmer - who was serviceable - and all they gave up was a mid-level pitching prospect. their bigger deals have been for players who had at least a year of control.

BTW - while looking for some info on previous deadline deals, I came across this -----
last year, ESPN gave the Twins an "A" grade for the Mahle deal. at the time, it was seen as a good pickup. of course, hindsight is 20/20, so now it looks like a bad deal.

Farmer and his .675 OPS vs lefties is batting clean up again

HAHA these stupid fucks just dont even try to look at things objectively to win games.

I'd always heard the holdup there was that Texas wanted Liriano.
It was the Nationals unless we are talking about different seasons. And we pretty obviously wouldn't have traded Liriano in 2006, he was our #2 starter (he got hurt right after the trade deadline). I believe they asked for Slowey or Scott Baker.

Farmer and his .675 OPS vs lefties is batting clean up again

HAHA these stupid fucks just dont even try to look at things objectively to win games.

Take a look at the OPS's of the players in the Orioles starting lineup versus the OPS's of ours. It's unfair.
Ober better be sharp. Hopefully we play as well as we did in Baltimore.
Also, I hate Apple TV.

Last edited:

The highest batting average for the twins (small t) tonight is .275 based on ESPN's Gamecast. Next is .245. Holy shit!!!!!

The highest batting average for the twins (small t) tonight is .275 based on ESPN's Gamecast. Next is .245. Holy shit!!!!!

Yeah, and neither of those players have enuf atbats to qualify for league stats.
Technically our leading BA is .225.

Our pitchers would never give up a run if they could go against our hitters.

Yeah, and neither of those players have enuf atbats to qualify for league stats.
Technically our leading BA is .225.

Our pitchers would never give up a run if they could go against our hitters.
I knew it was bad, but son of a bitch, that has to be biblically bad. To your point:

• i
    BAL
  • i
    MIN

HITTERSH-ABRHRRBIAVG
C. CorreaSS0-1000.225
D. Solano1B0-1000.275
B. BuxtonDH0-1000.214
K. Farmer2B0-1000.241
W. CastroLF0-1000.245
J. Miranda3B0-1000.207
C. VazquezC0-1000.216
M. KeplerRF0-1000.216
M. TaylorCF0-1000.213

PITCHERSIPHERBBKPC-STERA
B. Ober4.0203467-432.57

Full Box Score

Yeah, would be interesting to know what the record is in that regard. We may make history.
Ha!!! 1st and 2nd nobody out. Buxton up. I expected the automatic triple play. Surprised a sac fly moving Diarrhea to 3rd, but finished with the same result. I'm not watching, just Gamecast, but is the Baltimore pitcher that good, or is it the face palm answer that the twins are actually that bad?

Take a look at the OPS's of the players in the Orioles starting lineup versus the OPS's of ours. It's unfair.
Ober better be sharp. Hopefully we play as well as we did in Baltimore.
Also, I hate Apple TV.

Im not kidding. I got called "immature" weeks ago for cursing.

Immature would be me wishing injuring on Kyle Farmer since that is apparently the only way we can get this total scrub out of our lineup. I wont do that.

But this is fucking insane. Keep batting this fucking loser clean up. Actively try not to give your team the best chance to win. Awesome message to send to the players.

Was this addressed in the team meeting? That Baldumbass/Management dont care to set up for success?

Ha!!! 1st and 2nd nobody out. Buxton up. I expected the automatic triple play. Surprised a sac fly, but finished with the same result. I'm not watching, just Gamecast, but is the Baltimore pitcher that good, or is it the face palm answer that the twins are actually that bad?

The latter. We really need some of our young guys to break through. Julien, Larnach, Miranda, Wallner.
Was great to see Lewis shine but now he's out. The Steer/CES trade really hurt us.

Ha!!! 1st and 2nd nobody out. Buxton up. I expected the automatic triple play. Surprised a sac fly moving Diarrhea to 3rd, but finished with the same result. I'm not watching, just Gamecast, but is the Baltimore pitcher that good, or is it the face palm answer that the twins are actually that bad?

Dude, we are facing Cole Irvin. This guy has like a 7 era vs all of MLB. THen has given up 1 run in 10 innings vs us haha.

We bat Kyle Farmer clean up.

And play Cristian vazquez overall AND bat him ahead of two guys

Its incredible inepte coaching. Id literally rather get a homeless man off the streets to manage the team. Cant be worse and at least we pay millions to someone who needs it.

The latter. We really need some of our young guys to break through. Julien, Larnach, Miranda, Wallner.
Was great to see Lewis shine but now he's out. The Steer/CES trade really hurt us.
Yes, I keep seeing the results of that trade. Embarrassingly not good. This is terrible. They have the pieces to at least have a decent offense, or get the future to make a decent offense, but keep doing the wrong things.

Is it honestly the hitting coach that has given productive players their worst batting metrics of their careers?

Both Larnach and Wallner literally could not do any better in triple A and yet have no shot of playing for the twins unless of an injury. The off season failure to add a right handed outfield bat is mind boggling over say signing Gallo and keeping Kelper. This twins team can turn any left handed pitcher into Sandy Koufax.

Im not kidding. I got called "immature" weeks ago for cursing.

Immature would be me wishing injuring on Kyle Farmer since that is apparently the only way we can get this total scrub out of our lineup. I wont do that.

But this is fucking insane. Keep batting this fucking loser clean up. Actively try not to give your team the best chance to win. Awesome message to send to the players.

Was this addressed in the team meeting? That Baldumbass/Management dont care to set up for success?

Sad thing is there's not a lot of options. I guess the obvious one is Jeffers. At some point before too long Jeffers needs to be the primary catcher I would think.

Yes, I keep seeing the results of that trade. Embarrassingly not good. This is terrible. They have the pieces to at least have a decent offense, or get the future to make a decent offense, but keep doing the wrong things.

Is it honestly the hitting coach that has given productive players their worst batting metrics of their careers?

Don't know about the hitting coach, maybe. I do know that the team with the best pitching in the league has only a .500 record and is 8 or 9 games under .500 the last couple months. Our pitchers have no room for error.

HAHAHAHHAHAH

Correa with a PERFECT turn on a ground ball for a DP.

Dipshit Farmer double clutches and runner is safe.

So this guy bats clean up vs righties when he cant hit. And is a D sub for Julien when he cant field??

WHY THE FUCK IS HE ON THIS TEAM. PLAY THE FUCKING TALENT AND YOUTH

Ober with the 4th best AL era. Another couple starts and he'll have enough innings to qualify. Gray is currently 2nd best.

Would be nice if Cleveland didn't sweep KC this wknd.

Why are Kyle farmer and Christian vazquez still key players on my favorite baseball team??

Top Bottom