All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

An I was the bright 💡 who said we should jettison him a few months ago, when he was scuffling a bit. 🤦‍♂️🙈🤦

He makes hard contact frequently and is great at going to the opposite field; maybe he can become our hitting coach as well?
Maybe he hired his own private hitting coach and didn't tell anyone. Or he acquired a set of PJ's bionic eyes.

The Twins are about to get swept by the Baltimore Orioles. They heading to the all-star break below .500. They losing 4-1. No chance they coming back.

Edited: 8-1 Orioles and they not looking back.

Last edited:

So uninspiring. They get down and there’s no chance of a comeback because they’re already defeated.

I'd rather have that doofus Travis come over repeatedly asking to use my Kinetico water than watch any more of this team today. Time to go outside.

The Twins are about to get swept by the Baltimore Orioles. They heading to the all-star break below .500. They losing 4-1. No chance they coming back.

Edited: 8-1 Orioles and they not looking back.
A modest, albeit funny proposal -

Saints scored 17 runs today. Twins wouldn’t score 17 runs in batting practice. Maybe they should just trade rosters outside of Julien and Kirilloff.

Saints scored 17 runs today. Twins wouldn’t score 17 runs in batting practice. Maybe they should just trade rosters outside of Julien and Kirilloff.

In all honesty, I look at the Twins lineup some nights and have a hard time believing it is any better than the Saints.

Looks like insiders are saying high school outfielder Walker Jenkins will be the highest rated player available when we pick fifth tonight. Consensus is there are 5 players who stand out above the rest.

However thought is that twins prefer college players and ss Jacob Gonzalez to twins is picking up steam.
I want Jenkins. Gotta take the player with the highest upside at the fifth overall pick.

Looks like insiders are saying high school outfielder Walker Jenkins will be the highest rated player available when we pick tonight. Consensus is there are 5 players who stand out above the rest.

However thought is that twins prefer college players and ss Jacob Gonzalez to twins is picking up steam.
I want Jenkins. Gotta take the player with the highest upside at the fifth overall pick.
The talent out of college has gotten really good and there are many players not far from being ready to play in the big leagues. But in this case it seems there’s a consensus top 5.

I guess it would allow them to possibly pick and sign someone else in the next few rounds if they save some money in the first pick. I think that can be a good strategy in some situations but not sure it’s the right one here.

The talent out of college has gotten really good and there are many players not far from being ready to play in the big leagues. But in this case it seems there’s a consensus top 5.

I guess it would allow them to possibly pick and sign someone else in the next few rounds if they save some money in the first pick. I think that can be a good strategy in some situations but not sure it’s the right one here.

We lucked into #5. Need to make it count, avoid a lewis cine type situation where we outthink ourselves.

Last edited:

Too cute by half so I fully anticipate this front office to do that. They love being the smartest people in the room and doing things cutely just to show how smart they are.

Too cute by half so I fully anticipate this front office to do that. They love being the smartest people in the room and doing things cutely just to show how smart they are.

The vikes did that in 2022. Are now paying the price.

Bleacher Report says there is a very real possibility that Jenkins ends up being the best prep hitter and Soto the best prep pitcher from this draft.

a lot of people seem to think there are only two possible answers:

"everything's fine"

or

"FIRE EVERYBODY!!!!!"

There is a middle ground. you can be disappointed with the Twins' performance, but at the same time, not be in favor of burning everything to the ground. Mackey and Judd live in the 'hot-take' world where it's a constant fight to see who can take the most outrageous position.

in the real world, things are more complicated.

Top Bottom