All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

David Ross had quite the post game tirade yesterday, just found out the controversy involved terrible calls(resulted in ejections for multiple coaches) made by the same dipshit ump who called that egregious K on Kepler last Friday in Baltimore.

Like I keep saying, we have got to hold these umps accountable or they will just keep doing it.

And that is part of my point I guess...the division could be winnable without Gray. We aren't winning the World Series with or without him but I think we can get there without him. So why not have your cake and eat it too?
I think folks are vastly over-estimating the "haul" we'd get for Gray. Berrios had 1.5 years of control left and he netted two "top 20" guys who have done nothing two years later. 2 months of Gray would likely net one top 15 prospect and maybe a throw in.

I think folks are vastly over-estimating the "haul" we'd get for Gray. Berrios had 1.5 years of control left and he netted two "top 20" guys who have done nothing two years later. 2 months of Gray would likely net one top 15 prospect and maybe a throw in.

Yeah hes being vastly overvalued haha.

Maybe we could get lucky and end up netting a package tht works out like we gave up for Mahle. But thats more a product of a team being stupid(like us) and giving us a gift.

Sonny Gray isnt drawing some sort of top prospect bidding war.

As Twins fans, we cant complain

But why the fuck are the Guardians still starting baseball games with Quantrill????

Julien with a bomb early. Cleveland and Detroit down big early.

r33r

How is that even possible? Lose close games, win a lot by a lot, I guess.

I didn't do a per game average, but the Twins have the lowest Runs against in MLB, 5 better than Rays

The Twins are a good team, but they have flaws on offense. There's only 2-3 dominant teams in the MLB right now, and the rest have flaws.

This is why I think the Twins can make a run if they put it together offensively. With the toughest part of their schedule behind them, I think they'll have a good 2nd half.

The Twins are a good team, but they have flaws on offense. There's only 2-3 dominant teams in the MLB right now, and the rest have flaws.

This is why I think the Twins can make a run if they put it together offensively. With the toughest part of their schedule behind them, I think they'll have a good 2nd half.

This is also why you gotta sacrifce a little D and keep playing Julien

His bat is too valuable on this team.

Royals on pace to lose 115 games. Royals have lost 100+ games 5 times since 2004. Worst team was 106 losses in 2005. This year's team well on the way to be worst team in Royal history.

Twins have only lost 100+ games twice: 1982 (102) and 2016 (103).

Last edited:

Royals on pace to lose 115 games. Royals have lost 100+ games 5 times since 2004. Worst team was 106 losses in 2005. This year's team well on the way to be worst team in Royal history.

Twins have only lost 100+ games twice: 1982 (102) and 2016 (103).

And yet they have two World Series appearances and one title just in the past 9 years.

Never seen a base runner get nailed in the neck like Jeffers going home on a play at the plate - such a fun, odd game.

Last edited:

Nobody can hit with calls like this. Up and down and I can understand but this is inexcusable.
View attachment 25891
I was at the Saints game on Saturday, and it was a game for the strike zone challenge.

The plate umpire called strikes on the field, but each team got 3 challenges on balls and strikes. Then a Hawkeye type replay goes up on the board for everyone to see.

That strike 3 would have been overturned with that system.

We are up 3 and Royals barely even making contact

Dont pull Julien with 3 goddamn innings left. Let the kid play. And most importantly continue to bat.

Instead trash can Farmer got to see his OPS drop to .349. STOP STUNTING GROWTH with bad baseball players.

Lopez showing again why you can trade away Arraez.

His FIP entering tonight was 3.41.

Lopez showing again why you can trade away Arraez.

His FIP entering tonight was 3.41.
You beat me to the punch with your FIP comment. Between that and his WHIP, his peripherals have outpaced his results all year. Matter of time until it starts catching up and I think tonight could be a great start.

I think you’re right overall, but there’s not really a standardized normal return for any given starter. Catch a desperate team in a market with limited supply and you can land a nice return. Not saying that will happen by any means, but the trade market can be weird sometimes.

I get that the Royals are the Royals, but a very good night for the #1 pitching staff in the AL.

You beat me to the punch with your FIP comment. Between that and his WHIP, his peripherals have outpaced his results all year. Matter of time until it starts catching up and I think tonight could be a great start.

Its because his issue is basically he loses it for an inning a game a lot of times(with limited long balls and lots of Ks). Definitely something hes got to prove to avoid down the stretch run.

But yup, I saw a lot of Guardians fans say "Gray, Ryan and Ober are all pitching over their heads" within the last month. And my retort was always that metrics wise Lopez was more likely to improve and give us a 4th legit all star caliber pitcher than any of the other 3 implode. Hes been the big outlier.

And then we got Maeda who hopefully can be healthy and effective long term.

Also Jeffers

.264/.367/.434

Hes now caught both shut outs. Ive seen enough random blunders by Vazquez late in games. I have no idea what the overall team ERA is when each guys catch.

But we clearly are not missing much by having Jeffers catch and hes fucking astronomically better with the bat. Hes gotta be the guy 75% of the way second half. Just do the smart thing, please.

I feel like this was asked in this thread already so sorry for the repeat question. We’re heading to the game Friday. Any suggestions of a place close by to eat? We’re hoping to park early and grab a bite before the game.

Something moderately priced, The Loon or Pizza Luce are my top 2 choices. For a splurge, tough to beat JD Hoyt's.

I feel like this was asked in this thread already so sorry for the repeat question. We’re heading to the game Friday. Any suggestions of a place close by to eat? We’re hoping to park early and grab a bite before the game.

If you are willing to pay to play and want great food. Bar La Grassa, Snack Bar or Parlour would be the plays.

Red Rabbit and Red Cow are still solid.

I also mentioned in here that the North Loop Galley isnt a bad spot. Its a food and beer hall. So easy access to try good beer and also has 4 pop up food places so that multiple people can eat different things if they want.

I've been trying to read up on some MLB draft coverage. 1st round Sunday.

Twins have pick #5 in the 1st round, plus a Competitive Balance pick at #34 and then their 2nd round pick at #49.

so that's 3 of the top 50 picks.

according to Bobby Nightengale in the Strib, most draftniks have these as the consensus top 5 players:

LSU outfielder Dylan Crews, LSU RH pitcher Paul Skenes, Florida outfielder Wyatt Langford, Indiana high school outfielder Max Clark and North Carolina prep outfielder Walker Jenkins.

(ESPN mock has Jenkins to the Twins, but there is some buzz the Twins might prefer a college bat.)

other players who could be top 10 picks:

Brayden Taylor - 3B - TCU
Kyle Teel - C - Virginia
Blake Mitchell - C - HS (Texas)
Rhett Lowder - RH Pitcher - Wake Forest
Jacob Gonzales - SS - Ole Miss (Twins supposed to like him)

Twins also have a larger draft pool - $14.35-million for their first 11 picks. that's the 4th-highest in MLB and gives them some leverage if they want to go 'above slot' to sign a player.

two final thoughts:
1. very few people including myself know anything about these players
2. twitter will declare that the Twins picked the wrong player........

Twins have pick #5 in the 1st round, plus a Competitive Balance pick at #34 and then their 2nd round pick at #49.

according to Bobby Nightengale in the Strib, most draftniks have these as the consensus top 5 players:

LSU outfielder Dylan Crews, LSU RH pitcher Paul Skenes, Florida outfielder Wyatt Langford, Indiana high school outfielder Max Clark and North Carolina prep outfielder Walker Jenkins.

(ESPN mock has Jenkins to the Twins, but there is some buzz the Twins might prefer a college bat.)

Kyle Teel - C - Virginia

Twins also have a larger draft pool - $14.35-million for their first 11 picks. that's the 4th-highest in MLB and gives them some leverage if they want to go 'above slot' to sign a player.

two final thoughts:
If he's there at 5, my money is on Teel. It's a position of need in our system and scouts say he'll stay at C in the show. Max sliding to 5 is probably a dream too good to come through.

Twins gotta win at least 2 this week then just pray this shitty ass Royals team can win 1 game of 4

To keep our lead into the break

Kyle Teel - C - Virginia

two final thoughts:

Langford is who I want. Get that righty power bat.

No chance Crews or Skenes fall to us so no point in hoping.

Twins gotta win at least 2 this week then just pray this shitty ass Royals team can win 1 game of 4

To keep our lead into the break
I don't think we're at the praying point. Cleveland has a much tougher schedule after the break. Whether we're ahead or behind by half a game at the break isn't that big of a deal.

I don't think we're at the praying point. Cleveland has a much tougher schedule after the break. Whether we're ahead or behind by half a game at the break isn't that big of a deal.

Nah, I'm tryna take this stretch of semi competent baseball(mostly thanks to the Royals) and run with it. A's right after the break. And a pretty week July in general. Early killshot.

Also, as exhibted by our 9-1 record vs KC and how bad KC is this year. Every game that Clev can throw away against them is huge in the long run. This shitty division has stayed tight for a reason. We definitely dont want them taking advantage and sweeping a 4 gamer

Heard a report expecting Sox at trade deadline to depart with Lynn, Clevinger, Giolito, Bummer, Graveman, Kelly.

Top Bottom