All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Popkins would have wrecked him anyways.

30 homers and 100 rbis definitely within reach for Steer this season. CES having a similar yr at AAA. Bet Falvey/Lavine not looking forward to our series against the Reds.
We gave them away, for a pitcher we knew was damaged goods.

Cleveland with 2 All-stars, other Central teams with 1.

Gray with 87 pitches through 6 should hav even given the 7th. There is no reason you have to constantly ask Duran to go two innings for the save. Let Gray go 7, Jax gets the 8th and Duran on mmm gets the 9th. You could even flip flop Duran and Jax depending on the batters up in each inning. When your bullpen has been a question mark and you are down Stewart there is no reason to put more pressure on them.

Of course Duran absolutely shit the bed so the move didn’t work.
Sonny Gray ask to be remove after 6 innings. He said he was tired and couldn't go out for the 7th.

KC starting pitchers this series:
Game 1 - 16 innings pitched this season
Game 2 - 5.15 era
Game 3 - 4 innings pitched this season
A sweep would be really nice.

Sonny ask to be pull after 6 innings.

I'm sure we will get an apology to Rocco from our baseball board's Mr. Positivity in three.....two.....one......or maybe not.

Pitching changes and pinch hitting moves put a baseball manager in the spotlight as much as any manager in sports. Once the move has been made, the results lie with the players involved. The results are not guaranteed one way or another.

What is far more guaranteed is the crickets we heard when Ober was pulled on Saturday when he was rolling and Jax/Duran came in and did the job vs the negativity that always is posted from one or two people on here when it goes the other way. Putting one of the best relievers in baseball in the game in the eighth inning to try to keep momentum going seems pretty defensible to me.

30 homers and 100 rbis definitely within reach for Steer this season. CES having a similar yr at AAA. Bet Falvey/Lavine not looking forward to our series against the Reds.
We gave them away, for a pitcher we knew was damaged goods.
Steer's 39:64 BB to K ratio wouldn't fit in with this team. He'd be ostracized for not striking out enough.

I believe the reasoning (at least on this board) for shipping Steer off was that there "was no room for him", which always makes me chuckle. It's only a half-season, and they may still turn out to be studs, but look at what Kiriloff/Larnach/Miranda have contributed this season at positions that Steer plays and let me know which one you'd rather have. Heck, take those three guys and they have a COMBINED 13 HR, 58 RBI, .232 average with a 53:131 BB:K ratio.

Steer's 39:64 BB to K ratio wouldn't fit in with this team. He'd be ostracized for not striking out enough.

I believe the reasoning (at least on this board) for shipping Steer off was that there "was no room for him", which always makes me chuckle. It's only a half-season, and they may still turn out to be studs, but look at what Kiriloff/Larnach/Miranda have contributed this season at positions that Steer plays and let me know which one you'd rather have. Heck, take those three guys and they have a COMBINED 13 HR, 58 RBI, .232 average with a 53:131 BB:K ratio.

100%

The Bullpen can't keep the lead. Royals tie it on a solo homerun.

Cleveland has lost to Atlanta already. Would be really nice if we could pick up a couple games on Cleveland by Wednesday. Be in front by 2.5 after Wednesday.

Last edited:

Brett Saberhagan. That's a new one to me.

Wow. Sabes was a force in the mid to late 80s for KC, especially when he won the Cy Young & WS MVP in 1985.

Signed his Mets contract more than 30s ago. Retired for 20+.

Anyone else getting audio only on BSN? The storm that rolled through Dakota Cty must have done something to the signal.

Sounded like a great 8th inning.

Wow. Sabes was a force in the mid to late 80s for KC, especially when he won the Cy Young & WS MVP in 1985.

They're only paying him for 6 more years until he's 65. Good retirement planning Bret.

His agent earned his cut.

This outing again shows he's utterly useless in anything remotely resembling a tight spot. DFA him tomorrow..
I'm convinced he was the guy for the 9th no matter what the Twins did in the 8th. Luckily he had a massive cushion.

They're only paying him for 6 more years until he's 65. Good retirement planning Bret.

Indeed. I am curious how they funded these long term deals. Perhaps some sort of annuity. Of course their old owners (Wilpons) were in deep with Madoffs scams, so I am thinking those deferred salaries have something to do with all of that.

I would venture a guess at sometime there will be a really good movie/documentary on just the Madoff & Mets connections.

I'm convinced he was the guy for the 9th no matter what the Twins did in the 8th. Luckily he had a massive cushion.
No. Jax was warming up when it was a one run lead. And again as Emilio was starting to $$&# the bed.

Grade 2 strain - Lewis is expected to be out until at least mid- August.

How does a player get a 6 wk injury just running to first base. Haven't seen any stats on this, but seems that injuries are far, far more common than back in the day.

Brandon Warne reports June stats:

Team OBP .292
Team OPS .688
Hits leader Royce Lewis 28
OPS leader Donovan Solano .842

Twins now have the best ERA in the America League so can be argued we have the best pitching staff. That is how bad our hitting has been.

Wonder when was the last time Twins had the #1 ERA this late in the season. Maybe the 1960s?

All he does is rake!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

.333 with a 1068 OPS after that 3 run 💣 in his last 15 tilts.

Maybe they can trade him for some used balls??

Top Bottom