All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

How good would Spencer Steer and his .855 ops look in our lineup right now. Plays first, third, and left field. He'd easily be our best hitter.

CES With 17 homers and a ops close to 1.100 in AAA.

Disaster of a trade. 😡.

Last edited:

For all the people out there that defend Rocco/Falvine constantly resting guys.

The Braves have FOUR everday starters that have started literally EVERYDAY.

Acuna, Albies, Olson and Riley have played every single game so far. Best team in baseball.

Acuna, Albies, Olson and Riley have played every single game so far. Best team in baseball.
Are there really many out there defending Rocco/Falvine for constantly resting guys? Any?

Are there really many out there defending Rocco/Falvine for constantly resting guys? Any?

Currently, not really. At this moment in time almost the entire fanbase is in unison that they all have to go. But you still see a few. Just wild how the Braves dont just trot out the same players....but bat them in the same spots and it works!!!

Kyle Farmer and his wretched .673 OPS isnt just continually playing but hes batting clean up today. Oh we face a lefty?? He cant hit those either.

I get what you're saying but who are the guys on this team we'd want to play every single day? Correa, Buxton and Polanco have all been banged up or hurt. Honestly I've been pleasantly surprised how few days off Correa has gotten.

The two guys I would like to see play more are Julien and Kirriloff even against lefties. But I don't know how much of that is just trying to get the best match-ups over resting them.

I get what you're saying but who are the guys on this team we'd want to play every single day? Correa, Buxton and Polanco have all been banged up or hurt. Honestly I've been pleasantly surprised how few days off Correa has gotten.

The two guys I would like to see play more are Julien and Kirriloff even against lefties. But I don't know how much of that is just trying to get the best match-ups over resting them.

Yeah thats the issue, Rocco tries to play "match ups" that dont exist.

Julien should be hitting against lefties gaining experience. Kyle Farmer cannot be taking priority. He just cant. Dont care if he shocks the world and hits 2 bombs today.

A guy with his stats hitting clean up is insanity.

Yeah thats the issue, Rocco tries to play "match ups" that dont exist.

Julien should be hitting against lefties gaining experience. Kyle Farmer cannot be taking priority. He just cant. Dont care if he shocks the world and hits 2 bombs today.

A guy with his stats hitting clean up is insanity.
Over his career Farmer does have a .826 OPS against lefties.

Yeah I think its safe to say with this regime, hitting coach, philosophy whatever..

Career stats can be tossed out the window for everyone.
giphy.gif

Yeah I think its safe to say with this regime, hitting coach, philosophy whatever..

Career stats can be tossed out the window for everyone.
I don't think anybody here is remotely happy with this regime, hitting coach, or philosophy. I know I'm not, but does complaining to the level you go everyday really make you feel better? I can't even imagine. Relax! Go to Sea Salt and have a beer and Po' Boy. There's more to all of this than baseball. I can't believe I just said that, but it's true. Ha! All in good fun.

I don't think anybody here is remotely happy with this regime, hitting coach, or philosophy. I know I'm not, but does complaining to the level you go everyday really make you feel better? I can't even imagine. Relax! Go to Sea Salt and have a beer and Po' Boy. There's more to all of this than baseball. I can't believe I just said that, but it's true. Ha! All in good fun.

Fans complain. Its a thing of sports. If things blatantly do not improve shit gets called out.

Literally every single fanbase in every single sport will do it. I dare you to go on Twitter. Or do you live in a bubble

A valuable life less is to never settle and be content in life. So why would I settle for negligence running my favorite team? Sorry but people who tell other fans to not complain is up there for dumbest possible comments. Its the lilterally point of being a fan, caring.

Buxton just swugn at a ball that literally went 4 feet over his head. Holy shit.

Fans complain. Its a thing of sports. If things blatantly do not improve shit gets called out.

Literally every single fanbase in every single sport will do it. I dare you to go on Twitter. Or do you live in a bubble

A valuable life less is to never settle and be content in life. So why would I settle for negligence running my favorite team? Sorry but people who tell other fans to not complain is up there for dumbest possible comments. Its the lilterally point of being a fan, caring.
Complaining is one thing. Constant vulgarities and name calling is just childish as well as uncreative.

Didn't tell you not to do any complaining, simply asked if it made you feel better. It clearly makes you feel great. Thanks for the life lesson, though, you gave me a good belly laugh today.

Complaining is one thing. Constant vulgarities and name calling is just childish as well as uncreative.

Actually vulgar language is intended for adult use only. Not sure the youth you are educating.

Also, why are we shooting for creativity on a sports message board?? Whining about language is ironically both childish and uncreative. So stalemate?

Didn't tell you not to do any complaining, simply asked if it made you feel better. It clearly makes you feel great. Thanks for the life lesson, though, you gave me a good belly laugh today.

Same. I always get a kick out of people who get worried about what other people say on platforms meant for all forms of discussion.

He simply cannot be DH only. IL him until hes healthy. If thats July of 2025 so be it.

Hes a god awful baseball player and total detriment to the team as a unhealthy DH.

He simply cannot be DH only. IL him until hes healthy. If thats July of 2025 so be it.

Hes a god awful baseball player and total detriment to the team as a unhealthy DH.
Mildly frustrating to watch what he was supposed to be (Acuna, Jr.) on the other squad this series, while the Twins are left with a physically fit Miguel Sano.

What Acuna is is what I once thought Buxton could be. What a stud.

Vazquez has a OPS below .600

Continuing to not only play him but bat him 7th could go down as the most mind boggling thing in sports.

Same. I always get a kick out of people who get worried about what other people say on platforms meant for all forms of discussion.
If you constantly bitching added any value to any of those forms of discussion, you might have a point. It doesn't. You're schtick isn't fandom, it's old and tired.

Mildly frustrating to watch what he was supposed to be (Acuna, Jr.) on the other squad this series, while the Twins are left with a physically fit Miguel Sano.
I really hope that's not the case, but it's leaning that way. Yuck.

Actually vulgar language is intended for adult use only. Not sure the youth you are educating.

It's not about educating youth, it's about civility.

Also, why are we shooting for creativity on a sports message board??

Because lack of creativity is boring and easily dismissed or ignored.

Whining about language is ironically both childish and uncreative. So stalemate?

No whining on my part. Stating an opinion. Knock yourself out.

If you constantly bitching added any value to any of those forms of discussion, you might have a point. It doesn't. You're schtick isn't fandom, it's old and tired.

Incorrect. Anytime something good happens I say it.

Youre just too stupid and/or ignorant to realize that a lot of bad happens inbetween it.

You are too mentally frail to be on message boards. Where again, the literal point is to discuss good and bad.

When healthy, Correa, Buxton, Kiriloff, Lewis and Polanco should all play every day. We all know that won't happen with Buxton and probably not Polanco but it should for the rest of them.

The bigger issue is keeping Wallner, Larnach and Miranda in St. Paul when your office is awful and continuing to stubbornly run Kepler and Gallo out there even when they're hopeless.

Kepler should have been DFA's weeks ago. Gallo, it's fine to ride him when he's hot like now. But if it means 4 weeks of striking out 80% of the time between hot streaks, it's not worth it. Also, Jeffers should be catching 80% of time, not 40%.

When healthy, Correa, Buxton, Kiriloff, Lewis and Polanco should all play every day. We all know that won't happen with Buxton and probably not Polanco but it should for the rest of them.

The bigger issue is keeping Wallner, Larnach and Miranda in St. Paul when your office is awful and continuing to stubbornly run Kepler and Gallo out there even when they're hopeless. Also, Jeffers should be catching 80% of time, not 40%.
Lewis should be getting a day off every week due to his injuries. Polanco usually plays virtually every day when healthy.

Top Bottom