All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

Castros stats don't look super, but seems like his hits are often timely. Tip of the hat to Lewis and Solano for timely hitting as well the last wks.
Not sure what stats say, but feels like Castro, lewis, Solano, Jeffers have been our best hitters for awhile now.

Solano is the best hitter on the twins and he is a 35 year old journeyman playing for $2million. I guess props to the front office for signing him, but also man can the big guys get it together.
and his strikeout rate is still ~25%.

Arraez is 5%!! - 15 whiffs out of 277 ABs; I would love to see our historical K rate (for the players on the roster) compared to this year.

I also wonder what the Twins all time record is and if we’ll shatter it.

and his strikeout rate is still ~25%.

Arraez is 5%!! - 15 whiffs out of 277 ABs; I would love to see our historical K rate (for the players on the roster) compared to this year.

I also wonder what the Twins all time record is and if we’ll shatter it.
I believe that Gleeman and the Geek had it on their podcast that basically the entire lineup was having career highs in strikeout percentages this year. Now is that on the payer or the coach or both. Correa is especially worrying as he seems to be guessing and missing some easy looking pitches to hit.

This was from a June 6th article.

Through 61 games, the Twins now have struck out 625 times. Were they to maintain that pace, the Twins would finish with 1,660 strikeouts and easily surpass the 2021 Chicago Cubs’ all-time team record for strikeouts (1,596).

No idea where they are now, but my guess is it’s historical.

I believe that Gleeman and the Geek had it on their podcast that basically the entire lineup was having career highs in strikeout percentages this year.
Thanks Lot and Yikes 😱
Now is that on the payer or the coach or both.

Probably both, but you can’t fire all the players.
Hey, does Wes Johnson need a hitting coach?

Correa is especially worrying as he seems to be guessing and missing some easy looking pitches to hit.

At Least he’s not under the MendozaLine anymore.

This was from a June 6th article.

Through 61 games, the Twins now have struck out 625 times. Were they to maintain that pace, the Twins would finish with 1,660 strikeouts and easily surpass the 2021 Chicago Cubs’ all-time team record for strikeouts (1,596).
I’d that happens and we still win the Central, Tito Francono is gonna look silly.
No idea where they are now, but my guess is it’s historical.
There should be a device mounted atop the scoreboard to tally this historic folly.

Facing Strider tonight. Might strike out 20 times. Or they’ll score 10+. Because sometimes it makes no sense.

The Mets blew a 3 run lead in the 8th. The tying and winning runs came on bases loaded HBPs.

The Muts are only 15 behind the Braves and 8 for the third wildcard spot with too many teams in front of them to count.

Our trip to Citi Field has been delayed until August, with the hope that they’ll be giving tixs away by then.

Last edited:

Immediately gives up a HR in the 7th. Maybe this is why Gray gets pulled early.

Through phase 1 of all star game voting and no AL Central player is nominated. Not helpful that Central teams are drawing poorly of course due to lackluster play. Still off the top of my head probly no Central player is worthy, maybe Robert Jr.

Two tough series this week. A successful week is to not suffer a sweep.

Thanks Lot and Yikes 😱

Probably both, but you can’t fire all the players.
Hey, does Wes Johnson need a hitting coach?

Correa is especially worrying as he seems to be guessing and missing some easy looking pitches to hit.

At Least he’s not under the MendozaLine anymore.

I’d that happens and we still win the Central, Tito Francono is gonna look silly.

There should be a device mounted atop the scoreboard to tally this historic folly.
I could be like our national debt counter. That is a homerun of an idea.

Can’t help but notice that Lewis didn’t play a day after saying he was just trying to make contact with the ball. Maybe it’s a coincidence, maybe he’s going against the all or nothing directive of the twins organization.

It’s probably just a coincidence, but the en again.

Didn’t watch a second of the game, but happy to see pagan pitched in a low leverage inning and still managed to give up a run. Now the twin geeks can’t say that he’s been really good except for a few innings. The fact the twins organization is willing to die on a hill of constant abuse and criticism for a 35 year old journeyman reliever is truly amazing.

To me the upside is a game like today where he pitched in a game they were not going to win and he still gave up a run just to make sure the twins would not come back. The down side is you put him in a 4 run lead and he instantly gives up the lead and you lose the game. Emilo pagan is just such a weird hill to die on, but that’s this twins front office always thinking they are playing chess when other people are playing checkers.

Under .500 by the twins they return home to the friendly confines of Target Field.

One last thing in Pagan. You can’t tell me the other players on the team are happy or expect good things when he enters the game. Like Correa must be out there at SS just miserable as he has sucked all year and then they bring in the pagan for batting practice just to make sure the twins won’t win. Does anyone talk to him in the dugout or the bullpen for the 3 hours he is out there waiting to blow games? He must be miserable and the team is miserable.

As Aaron Gleeman said on a podcast “I hate to beat the dead horse that is Emilo pagan, but when I walk out of my house everyday and that same dead horse is there I have to say something about it.” All this misery and ridicule for the low price of $3.5 million. You gotta keep a bargain like that.

Anywho, anything short of a perfect game tomorrow and the twins will lose again. David Popkins has to just be waiting to be fired every time he sees Falvey or Levin. Maybe he’s like George costanza when his girl friend wanted to break up with him and he went into hiding refusing to answer the phone.

Didn’t watch a second of the game, but happy to see pagan pitched in a low leverage inning and still managed to give up a run. Now the twin geeks can’t say that he’s been really good except for a few innings. The fact the twins organization is willing to die on a hill of constant abuse and criticism for a 35 year old journeyman reliever is truly amazing.

To me the upside is a game like today where he pitched in a game they were not going to win and he still gave up a run just to make sure the twins would not come back. The down side is you put him in a 4 run lead and he instantly gives up the lead and you lose the game. Emilo pagan is just such a weird hill to die on, but that’s this twins front office always thinking they are playing chess when other people are playing checkers.

Under .500 by the twins they return home to the friendly confines of Target Field.
He's 32 not 35. But otherwise yes. It's ridiculous. No matter how many scoreless outings he throws in meaningless situations, anytime it's a meaningful inning, there's a 75% chance he'll wet himself. There's zero reason to keep him around. I trust literally anyone else before him. Winder. Headrick. Belzovich. Anyone else.

Can’t help but notice that Lewis didn’t play a day after saying he was just trying to make contact with the ball. Maybe it’s a coincidence, maybe he’s going against the all or nothing directive of the twins organization.

It’s probably just a coincidence, but the en again.
It's coincidence. They said from the get-go that he'd get his share of time off. He had played 6 days in a row prior to last night. He got the night off one week ago Monday.

Top Bottom