All Things 2023 Minnesota Twins In-Season Thread

The manufactured snark by these fox announcers is making it unwatchable.

It’s on mute now, volume up on another show.

Can we get Arraez back? Watching Lopez is getting painful.
Eh, Tigers didn’t have a hit over 100 mph in that inning, two were bloops hit under 70. Plus we couldn’t turn a double play. He isn’t pitching great but not the best luck either.

I agree with Miranda, but julien should stay as DH and Buxton should go on the IL
Julien is the DH today. No roster move yet, but just get it over with and send Buxton to the IL.

More good news, we likely haven't seen the last of Garlick. He cleared waivers and is heading back to St. Paul.

I agree with Miranda, but julien should stay as DH and Buxton should go on the IL
Julien needs to go back to St. Pauli Girl and work on that porous swing of his - 41 whiffs in 103 ABs - 40%- ( our Miggy is chortling at this somewhere ), with a Homer ratio if 1:25 and a middling OBP of .325 (his nickname Was on base machine in the minors).

The answer is Solano IMO- who is also horrible in the field, so just play Gallo and AK (primarily) at first.

Hopefully Buck doesn’t have to go on the IL, as he’s showing some signs of snapping out of it and we have a much higher win% when he plays as I previously posted than when he’s not in the lineup- he can do things with the 🦇 that no one else on the roster can.

Last edited:

Julien needs to go back to St. Pauli Girl and work on that porous swing of his - 41 whiffs in 103 ABs - 40%- ( our Miggy is chortling at this somewhere ), with a Homer ratio if 1:25 and a middling OBP of .325 (his nickname Was on base machine in the minors).

You know that 'middling OBP' of .325 is better than every other Twins regular except for Kirilloff and Solano right?

You know that 'middling OBP' of .325 is better than every other Twins regular except for Kirilloff and Solano right?
You made made me point, thanks Partly Cloudy, as the main premise of the post was to have Solano DH, if Buck cannot, as he is a better offensive player at this juncture.

Also, Julien doesn’t have enough ABs to qualify, but if he did, he’d be basically in the middle for second slackers for OBP, i.e. middling - mine was a macro comment ( Cumulonimbus - me ), not micro (Cirrus- like you)

Maybe you need to find other advocations, besides trying to prove me wrong on an anonymous chatroom - you’re not that insecure, are you😉🤣?

It’s always Sunny ☀️ in my corner of the NYC - have a Blessed Sunday, my brother🤗

Last edited:

You made made me point, thanks Partly Cloudy, as the main premise of the post was to have Solano DH, if Buck cannot, as he is a better offensive player at this juncture.

Also, Julien doesn’t have enough ABs to qualify, but if he did, he’d be basically in the middle for second slackers for OBP, i.e. middling - mine was a macro comment ( Cumulonimbus - me ), not micro (Cirrus- like you)

Maybe you need to find other advocations, besides trying to prove me wrong on an anonymous chatroom - you’re not that insecure, are you😉🤣?

It’s always Sunny ☀️ in my corner of the NYC - have a Blessed Sunday, my brother🤗

I try to prove you wrong? You do that yourself, and then come up with really weird responses like this one.

You'll all heard about the 25-1 game last night where the Angels beat the Rockies in Denver.

Looks like the rule changes are working too.it only took two hours and fifty-two minutes to play.

Though for Rockies fans it still took to damn long.;)

Solano is the best hitter on the twins and he is a 35 year old journeyman playing for $2million. I guess props to the front office for signing him, but also man can the big guys get it together.

Last edited:

The people complaining about Lopez are looking only at ERA, but he's been their best starter across a number of other categories. Things will likely continue to even out as the season progresses.

Gray has been their best ERA pitcher, but he has really struggled with control and has been lucky to escape without giving up more runs. His xERA is 3.78.

When factoring in everything, the Twins best pitchers so far this season have been:

1. Ryan
2. Lopez
3. Gray
4. Ober

Solano is the best hitter on the twins and he is a 35 year old jouryman playing for $2million. I guess props to the front office for dining him, but also man can the big guys get it together.
I wonder if they wined him after dining him.

At least correa got it out of the infield. That's worth a couple mil$$$$$$.

Top Bottom